• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtm1974

Aug 21, 2015
    Cockeysville, MD
    So a Designated Firearms Collector request will only be approved now if one actually has a recorded regulated firearms purchase on record with MSP?

So if one owned a regulated firearm prior to Oct 1st 1996; or one gets their HQL and then transfers a regulated firearm from their spouse through the portal, they would still not have a purchase of a regulated firearm on record.

So must one actually transfer via the MSP Barracks for $$$ or purchase from a FFL in order to receive "Not Disapproved"?

It appears the new contact at MSP may be Corporal Christopher D. Esposito; christopher.esposito@maryland.gov. I was told that once I been "Not Disapproved" for the purchase of a regulated firearm in the State of Maryland that I can resubmit my DC request.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    You’ve been no help. Thanks!

So you come to a forum of Firearms enthusiasts, ask a bunch of clearly “noob” questions about buying your first regulated firearm, then about becoming a collector all of a sudden, then you decide to respond in a rude manner to the folks here? Maybe all of this Is why any of us with a lot of experience don’t have any interest in providing you insight or direction. Maybe you haven’t heard but you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter

I've changed my mind.

shinebox.JPG

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    So a Designated Firearms Collector request will only be approved now if one actually has a recorded regulated firearms purchase on record with MSP?

So if one owned a regulated firearm prior to Oct 1st 1996; or one gets their HQL and then transfers a regulated firearm from their spouse through the portal, they would still not have a purchase of a regulated firearm on record.

So must one actually transfer via the MSP Barracks for $$$ or purchase from a FFL in order to receive "Not Disapproved"?

It appears the new contact at MSP may be Corporal Christopher D. Esposito; christopher.esposito@maryland.gov. I was told that once I been "Not Disapproved" for the purchase of a regulated firearm in the State of Maryland that I can resubmit my DC request.

If it is transferred through MD in any manner, it should count.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

With posts like that, you're likely to lose your job at the troll farm.

No income=mom's basement forever! the millennial success story!

DdotC

Jul 18, 2020
    Help me understand...Because I don’t subscribe to what interests or drives you all, for my own personal reasons, I am somehow relegated to noon and lazy status? I’ve said before I’m not interested, can that simply be the case, and we move forward?

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Help me understand...Because I don’t subscribe to what interests or drives you all, for my own personal reasons, I am somehow relegated to noon and lazy status? I’ve said before I’m not interested, can that simply be the case, and we move forward?

You come across as the “I got mine, F U” type.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan

I think you got the reasons wrong- you achieved your status through your own friendly set of responses. Good luck to you!

DdotC

Jul 18, 2020
    I’m truly sorry you all feel that way. Not my intent, at all. I’ll refrain from asking anymore questions, wish you all well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom