• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    It appears that 3 of the 4 boxes of freedom were unsuccessful. Is it coming time for Virginians to make a decision of use them or lose them? Either way, it’s not going to end well.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    It appears that 3 of the 4 boxes of freedom were unsuccessful. Is it coming time for Virginians to make a decision of use them or lose them? Either way, it’s not going to end well.

Give them time to influence their legislature. It only takes 2 red dog Dems to block it in their senate.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    NO. Don’t work around sh*t. The real problem is the asshat politicians that propose this stuff and the morons who vote for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those morons who vote for those asshats are the majority and its only getting worse as cities become more densely populated and star spreading their ilk into the burbs. Voting them out becomes harder and harder as times passes

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

The 3rd box can’t be opened until these abominations pass. These will be pivotal court decisions which will either shut “them” down, or open the 4th box.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    The 3rd box can’t be opened until these abominations pass. These will be pivotal court decisions which will either shut “them” down, or open the 4th box.

i'll admit to being pretty ignorant when it comes to cases going thru the courts. how long does this stuff take? i mean, CA, NY, DC, NJ, MA etc have some pretty draconian, anti 2a laws and have had them for some time.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Please don't think I'm being rude, but sometimes you have to do your own research, esp when its your own work.
    I just moved to Virginia and have been out of town for the past couple months. I agree that doing research is important, but I am just getting the lay of the land.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    i'll admit to being pretty ignorant when it comes to cases going thru the courts. how long does this stuff take? i mean, CA, NY, DC, NJ, MA etc have some pretty draconian, anti 2a laws and have had them for some time.

The courts take a long time. It’s like catching the Super Bowl on DVR and watching one play a month. SCOTUS has yet to rule on carry outside the home and AWB.

mgbill

Apr 19, 2007
    Mount Airy, MD
    Note the definition of Curios and Relics, and how it significantly differs from the ATF definition. See lines 294 through 306 of the draft.

chujohn

Dec 2, 2019
    Northern Virginia
    The more I think about it, this law is about vengeance and spitefulness towards gun owners. Basically this is the NRA's back yard lets stab them in the eye. There are some petitions out there I did not want to post in case someone already did.

ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    I've been looking through the petitions/bills posted thus far. There are a lot that I don't agree with not "just" the firearm bills. All of them, of course, have a Democrat sponsor.

Last edited:

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    I think Beretta moved to VA and tehy need to leave. Sorry a state like that should not get our tax dollars.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    I’m at the Fairfax County board meeting. It is full of Orange GSL stickers w/ 2 rows of people standing across the back of the auditorium.

I would be Christmas Surprised if Fairfax went Sanctuary. However, I’m sure after tonight they’ll know a lot of Fairfax gun owners will not go quietly.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    This was passed on 12/3/19 affirming their support of 2A bigotry.

From here: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/legis...pdf/2020/adopted-2020-legislative-program.pdf

Dangerous Weapons
    Support legislation to address gun violence in Virginia through common sense gun safety
    measures that will help ensure a safe and resilient community.
    There have been numerous mass shootings across the United States, including at Virginia Tech in 2007
    and more recently in Virginia Beach. In 2017, more than 39,000 Americans (including 1,028 Virginians)
    died as a result of gun violence, and Virginia is one of 17 states where more people are killed due to gun
    violence than die in car accidents. Fairfax County supports legislation to address this issue, including:
    • Universal background checks for all gun buyers;
    • Creation of a legal process for the temporary removal of firearms from individuals deemed to pose
    an imminent risk of violence to themselves or others (often called “red flag” or “extreme risk
    protective order” legislation);
    • A ban on assault weapons, high-capacity magazines, armor piercing ammunition, and bump
    stocks;
    • Limitations on children’s access to firearms;
    • Reinstatement of Virginia’s “one-gun-a-month” law;
    • Allowing local governments to prohibit or restrict the possession, transportation, or carrying of
    dangerous weapons in or on any facility or property owned or leased by the locality, with certain
    exceptions, including any person who has been issued a permit to carry a concealed handgun;
    and,
    • Authorizing localities to ban the possession of pneumatic guns on school grounds, with an
    exemption for school-sponsored activities (pneumatic guns use pump action or carbon dioxide gas
    cartridges to fire explosives, often strongly resemble firearms, and can cause serious injury or
    death). (Updates and reaffirms previous position.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom