• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I thought with all the rage and all the separate threads on 9mm PCC guns out there, that maybe a compilation thread might be good.

Everyone could use this thread to post reviews on new sub guns/rifle length PCC, Or ask questions/get advice. Also, help others find aftermarket parts/ let folks know what works well on what :)

CZ scorpion evo-

PTR-9

B&T GHM 9-

Keltec sub2k

Grand Power Stribog-

Just right carbine

Sig MPX-

JP ENTERPRISES GMR-15

Ruger PCC

Thoughts ? Feel free to add other PCC not listed

Last edited:

Lucca1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2013
    Behind Enemy Lines
    I thought with all the rage and all the separate threads on 9mm PCC guns out there, that maybe a compilation thread might be good.

Everyone could use this thread to post reviews on new sub guns/rifle length PCC, Or ask questions/get advice. Also, help others find aftermarket parts/ let folks know what works well on what :)

CZ scorpion evo-

B&T GHM 9-

Grand Power Stribog-

Sig MPX-

Thoughts ? Feel free to add other PCC not listed

The Ruger PCC has become my favorite range toy. Eats anything I feed it, accepts Glock mags, and takedown for easy storage.

Michael S

Nov 6, 2012
    Towson
    CZ scorpion is now my favorite, added a sig red dot and it is dead on. Almost like cheating you can not go wrong with them.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    The Stribog is pretty cool. I'm in the process of trying to get one ordered. Hard to find though. Everyone who has both that and the Scorpion says they never shoot the Scorpion anymore. Prior to learning about the Stribog I was sold on the Scorpion.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    What, no love for that homely PCC platypus, the Sub 2K?

I actually used mine like I meant it for the first time at a Steel Challenge a few weeks back. It was great. Going to use it again this coming Sunday. It definitely won’t be my last PCC, but for something that folds up into a laptop bag, it’s a remarkably good little gun. It’s a gen 2, multi-mag, currently set up for Beretta mags. Fun.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    I have two Colt AR platform 9mm: an old 6450 and newer 6951. I have used both in PCC competitions. Have a scorpion pistol too that I will use inn PCC divisions when allowed...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    For the AR based PCC's you MUST run a fully ramped bolt if using a standard AR trigger or any 'aftermarket' 2 stage trigger meant for the rifle caliber guns/bolts.

If you use a non ramped bolt you must use a 'dedicated' style hammer. If you put a non ramped bolt and a regular trigger together the results can be interesting..

CMMG seems to be the only game in town making a reliable fully ramped bolt.

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    MP-5 clone: PTR-9. Never thought I would be able to own one, until recently got one for a GREAT price...

Shot like .22lr carbine, no recoil whatsoever.... So far been reliable with Wolf steel-cased ammo.

Too bad it only came with two mags, but I knew going in that HK mags would be pricey but we only live once (in this life) anyway.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    What, no love for that homely PCC platypus, the Sub 2K?

I actually used mine like I meant it for the first time at a Steel Challenge a few weeks back. It was great. Going to use it again this coming Sunday. It definitely won’t be my last PCC, but for something that folds up into a laptop bag, it’s a remarkably good little gun. It’s a gen 2, multi-mag, currently set up for Beretta mags. Fun.

I’ll be there as well. Don’t have a PCC yet so I’m interested. Trying to decide if I want to build one or go the easy route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    CZ Scorpion EVO. Bought a pistol way back and SBR'd it. It is dead on balls accurate out of the box with irons. I don't even have a scope on mine. It is a sweet shooter. Probably one of my favorites.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    One with a CMMG lower, one with a Spike's lower. Neither are reliable. Ruger PCC is awesome, not 100% reliable if you don't clean it once in a while. CZ Scorpion Evo S that I just got, went through 30 rounds yesterday. Four new mags, a PDW brace, and new magazine release came today. I'll be running it with the new mags and see if it will work well enough for the Steel Challenge on Sunday. Maybe pick up some speed over the ARs and Ruger. I need a red dot for it.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    CZ Scorpion EVO. Bought a pistol way back and SBR'd it. It is dead on balls accurate out of the box with irons. I don't even have a scope on mine. It is a sweet shooter. Probably one of my favorites.

How did you get it to 29 inch over all length? I have the rifle version and probably went the wrong route. Should have went with braces pistol and it’s probably more of a pita to sbr the rifle.

Would be nice if a aftermarket place made like a 10-11 inch barrel as opposed to just the 2 lengths cz offers. ( pistol or rifle length ).

Love my scorpion though. Super accurate, and fun to shoot, thought not right out of the box imo. Needs something done about the safety, mag release , trigger before even bothering to shoot it.

The factory trigger was like a 9 point pull and goodness was the ambi safety awful.

I put an HB industries trigger spring kit, extended polymer charging handle, duckbill magazine release and right hand side safety delete on mine.

Topped with a sig Romeo 5 red dot and it shoots wonderful.

My only problem is I go through 9mm with it like I do a .22.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I have a bunch:
    1. Pre-ban AR-9 SBR with a parts upper with a VMH Uzi magwell. It currently has the Hera stock/forearm set, but I will be moving in a different direction in 2020 or 2021 - perhaps an ultra-short CMMG MkG Banshee 300 setup using Endomags.
    2. Post-ban AR-9 SBR with a PSA upper and FM9 BCG on a DDLES Glock mag lower. Took a while to get it reliable, but it seems to be there now. This one is set up as a USPSA PCC, and has an Eotech SU-231 on it.
    3. Post-ban NiteScout A3 SBR with an ACS-L stock. I put an ASR single port brake on it recently, so curious as to how it does suppressed.
    4. Post-ban SW SP-10 SBR with a B&T folding stock and a welded-on 3 lug brake. This one is the smoothest shooter (roller-locked!), but has huge PoI shift with a can, unfortunately.
    5. M11/9 SMG with Lage MAX-11K upper. I don't shoot this much, but it's fun when I do. Also put an ASR brake on it, but haven't shot it suppressed yet.
    6. Pre-ban Glock 17/34 SBR w/ KPOS Gen2 chassis. This one is also a smooth shooter, but has never seemed all that accurate to me, plus it doesn't play well with suppressors. Might replace it with the USW chassis if I see a really good deal.
    7. Pre-ban Uzi SBR (not FA). Nostalgia piece, but it runs good.

I will say that I am really unhappy that the OAL limits have prevented me from getting some of the more interesting post-ban SBRs, like the P320 chassis system. If FCU ever comes out with their 5.56 chassis for that gun, I might build a compliant setup on that and then temporarily swap it to the under-OAL chassis when in VA.

I had a Sub-2k, but sold it; it wasn't a horrible gun, but it didn't really do anything for me.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Picture sans foot. With the brace fully extended it's 28" long, fully closed 20".

Attachments

• IMG_20191114_200646258.jpg
      IMG_20191114_200646258.jpg
      55.7 KB · Views: 727

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    PTR-9
    CMMG Guard

Delayed blowback is a game changer for PCCs. I would not even consider getting a direct blowback at this point.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Delayed blowback is a game changer for PCCs. I would not even consider getting a direct blowback at this point.
    Completely agree. I think the MPX is the best of the bunch, but the MkG is a pretty close second. The PTR-9 is good, but I cannot get past the marginal placement of the safety, and the lack of LRBHO isn't optimal either. The Magpul SL grip module might make me more of a fan if that ever comes out... we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom