• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Didn't see anything about this already so:

Cassandra Crifasi, Johns Hopkins University assistant professor of public health, stated during a panel at the Univ. of Vermont that she holds a MD CCW permit.

It appears she is attempting to come across as a sort of moderate; could be a possible contact to cultivate? Is she a known quantity?

https://vtcynic.com/40824/news/gun-control-forum-opens-space-for-debate/

(...)

Crifasi argued that gun control legislation does play a role in preventing gun-related crimes.

After the state of Missouri repealed its law requiring people to have permits in order to purchase firearms, the number of firearms involved in violent crime that could be traced back to the state increased, she said.

Crifasi, who has a concealed carry license in Maryland, said it doesn’t make sense to ban guns or have super-strict limitations on them.

“We are in a country that is going to have guns,” she said. “We need to cultivate moderate gun owners and shift the culture war to a discussion about safety.”

If you follow the rules of the land, you should be allowed to own guns, Crifasi said.
    (...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    Meanwhile Scientific American has a piece Journey to Gun Land. More firearms do not keep people safe. The members show it. So why do people believe the opposit.by Melinda Wenner Moyer. Now they've infiltrated my publication. I'll be research who paired for this study.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas

Cassandra Crifasi, Johns Hopkins University assistant professor of public health, stated during a panel at the Univ. of Vermont that she holds a MD CCW permit.

It appears she is attempting to come across as a sort of moderate; could be a possible contact to cultivate? Is she a known quantity?

She works with our dear friend, Daniel Webster, at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and is a core faculty member in the Center for Gun Policy and Research and the Center for Injury Research and Policy.

She is one of the Bloomberg shills pushing "gun violence as public health epidemic."

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

https://vtcynic.com/40824/news/gun-control-forum-opens-space-for-debate/(...)

Crifasi argued that gun control legislation does play a role in preventing gun-related crimes.

After the state of Missouri repealed its law requiring people to have permits in order to purchase firearms, the number of firearms involved in violent crime that could be traced back to the state increased, she said.

Crifasi, who has a concealed carry license in Maryland, said it doesn’t make sense to ban guns or have super-strict limitations on them.

“We are in a country that is going to have guns,” she said. “We need to cultivate moderate gun owners and shift the culture war to a discussion about safety.”

If you follow the rules of the land, you should be allowed to own guns, Crifasi said.(...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her lips say yes yes, but her boss says NO NO ... She is being duplicitous to say the least.

If gun control plays a role, the ONLY reason for her to focus on 'gun safety' is to promote their idea of gun safety, e.g. smart guns and integral gun locks, and how they define 'following the rules of the land', when THEY fully intend to change the abiding rule ... 2A.

She works with our dear friend, Daniel Webster, at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and is a core faculty member in the Center for Gun Policy and Research and the Center for Injury Research and Policy.

She is one of the Bloomberg shills pushing "gun violence as public health epidemic."

How long has she been 'on staff' at JH ? I would venture a guess that she has been added because Bloomberg's anti-gun crusade has been a big money-sink for him and a change in tactics (and faces) were in order. The reason she spoke at some un-publicized university panel in Vermont to 'massage' the message, was an attempt to build consensus among peer academics. Her 'out-of-state' admission that she holds a CCW in the PRofMD is a red herring, and doubtful at best.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I am a little skeptical she has a MD CCW. What is her G&S?

If true, and she says things like gun control does not play a role in violence, she'll be fired soon enough.

Maybe she'll get fired and write a tell-all....

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I am a little skeptical she has a MD CCW. What is her G&S?

If true, and she says things like gun control does not play a role in violence, she'll be fired soon enough.

Maybe she'll get fired and write a tell-all....

What was/is her G&S?

Good question. Unless someone paper-whipped her permit like has been done for too many DemocRAT politicians and their favored ilk, she would have needed a G&S. Aren't there minutes from the HPRB ... if she appeared at all ?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    :tdown: Blah.

A single cherry picked factoid, classifying the fight for your rights as a "culture war", and promises that you'll keep your guns if you play by the rules. Their rules. :tdown:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Good question. Unless someone paper-whipped her permit like has been done for too many DemocRAT politicians and their favored ilk, she would have needed a G&S. Aren't there minutes from the HPRB ... if she appeared at all ?

Cite and names????

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Conway ... Jr or Sr, I don't remember which. I'll search the MDS archives since it was discussed here during gun week years back.

It was Sr. and I am not aware that his paperwork was "whipped" nor did he NOT have to go through the same process we do.

So, again, cite for ANYONE having their paperwork "whipped"

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    It was Sr. and I am not aware that his paperwork was "whipped" nor did he NOT have to go through the same process we do.

So, again, cite for ANYONE having their paperwork "whipped"

Again, my memory is a little foggy on this, but didn't Frank Sr. pull some strings to get Frank Jr's permit approved. Paper-whipped might be the wrong term as applied in that case, but Jr was disapproved before he was approved IIRC.

AFA ANYONE else, that's like trying to prove a negative. Unless someone has access to the HPRB approved/disapproved list or what it consisted of prior to the HPRB, I can't cite unless it's published.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    :innocent0

nitti.jpg

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

She wouldn't have to appear at the HPRB unless her initial application was refused, or her permit was restricted and she wished to remove restrictions.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Xactly ...

She wouldn't have to appear at the HPRB unless her initial application was refused, or her permit was restricted and she wished to remove restrictions.

EL1227 said:
    if she appeared at all ?

Then, who knows if special favors were bestowed, and by whom. Maybe she had a G&S reason, so that would be a good question to ask of her. But, I doubt that being on staff at JH, located in a high crime area of B'More, alone was an acceptable G&S justification.

Bottom line, her panel testimony coupled with her position there doesn't 'compute'.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    There was a woman that worked at JHU that went before the HPRB and got an unrestricted permit after being Disapproved by MSP. Maybe this is her?

Update:: Never mind.. Not the same woman... I checked.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom