• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    how do you like it? it grabs something you have to attach to your front under-rail, is that right?

in uspsa all guns must be within 2" of inner side of belt

here are some idpa rules:
    The front edge of the holster may not be more than 1 ¾ inch/44.5mm below the breech face.

8.5.1.18 For male shooters only, the holsters must fit the shooter’s body such that a ¾ inch/19.1mm diameter dowel placed between the shooter and the firearm anywhere above the belt contacts both the shooter and the firearm simultaneously.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    It's nice. I have two attachments so I can have one for my Phantom and one for my RIA. And since it's made by Blackhawk!, I can attach the holster to my thigh rig for 3-gun. I'll test it out in Production to try out the system before I switch it over to the thigh rig and use it for 3-gun.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    My real question is, does the little catch I have to install on the pistol count as a weight? It won't matter on the RIA,since that's going to be used for 3-gun. But with the CZ shooting production, that's a question.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    that's a good question, wasn't thinking about that. reading thru idpa rules they don't allow grip weights or any other weights (they say no brass grip plugs or magwells). what's this thing weigh, a fraction of an ounce, looks like plastic? i'd say you'd be fine with it.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I'm just going to roll with it at this point. I won't be going to any level 2+ matches for IDPA, and I won't be shooting Production at that level, either. Just was curious.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    My real question is, does the little catch I have to install on the pistol count as a weight? It won't matter on the RIA,since that's going to be used for 3-gun. But with the CZ shooting production, that's a question.

Does it offer a competitive advantage? I don't think it does and you should be fine but you should send in a question about this to Front Sight magazine. I'm sure there are others wondering about the same question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom