• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggie313

Molon Labe
    Feb 23, 2010
    Essex
    Any tips specifically for that land? I have never hunted on public land. Other than the laws, regulations and permits, what are the do's and don'ts that a novice public land hunter should know?

corelokt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 13, 2010
    parkville
    Go on line and look at the map or just ride around and look for areas with a blue sign that says something like" Managed hunting area". Go in and hunt. Make sure you don't park where your not allowed and don't hunt areas marked with a yellow sign "safe area". There are some nice spots along Dulaney valley Rd. and also near Loch raven skeet and trap club. You need to fill out free permit and mail in or register online.

euler357

Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Odenton, Marylandistan
    Bow Hunting Permit for Loch Raven

I would like to bow hunt in Loch Raven and am having trouble understanding how to get the free permit. I go to the DNR website and get this page:

http://www.eregulations.com/maryland/hunting/reservoir-bowhunting/

and when I look at the application, it just says to fill it out with no reference to sending it anywhere or getting anything back.

Do I just need to fill this out and keep it with me? or am I missing something?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Rule number one: Stay well clear of other hunters.

Don't be like the guy that walked within 30 yards of me. He just stood there looking through the morning darkness trying to make me out against the tree I was sitting next to. He wasn't sure of what he was seeing. Soooooooo, he yells out "HAVE YOU SEEN ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!" Loch Raven almost had one less hunter and it's why I don't hunt on public land.

Don't be that guy.

euler357

Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Odenton, Marylandistan
    I understand what you are saying but this doesn't answer my question about getting the permit to hunt there. Do you have any information about that?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I understand what you are saying but this doesn't answer my question about getting the permit to hunt there. Do you have any information about that?

You asked about do's and dont's. I posted a don't.

It should be on the DNR site under Loch Raven.

They may be out of permits though.

I believe it's on a first come-first served basis.

I'm waiting for them to open up Loch Raven for a permit style shotgun hunt.

Good luck and whack a Bambi.

euler357

Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Odenton, Marylandistan
    I didn't ask about anything other than the permit -- that was the OP in December 2012. I resurrected this thread because my question is related and I didn't see a need to create another thread.

I'm asking because it isn't clear. I've been to the website (just as I said in my post) several times. I can download a free permit via the link that I posted but it gives no information about where to send it (or if I need to send it anywhere).

Also, there is a lottery for shotgun in some areas but no mention of a limit for bow hunting permits in the reservoirs.

I have attached the "application" that is on the website. This makes it seem like I just need to fill out this and keep it with me. Is this correct?

Attachments

• LPN_Application_Form.jpg
      LPN_Application_Form.jpg
      100.2 KB · Views: 450

euler357

Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Odenton, Marylandistan
    I finally got through to a person and it must be filled with them. They should make this more obvious

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

mdunphyjr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2010
    North point / Dundalk
    Still a lot of deer, although most are tiny. Park in the designated areas. Make sure you carry a copy of the form listed above and Stay out of the yellow safety zones. Good luck and shoot straight.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Kill those suckers!!
    I live near Loch Raven and they get into my yard and eat everything I plant.
    Wish you could shoot near my house as if the dogs aren't out, there are deer 50 ft from my porch.
    If they are outside the fence and the dogs are barking at them, they just stand there and look at the pups.

I once complained to a tree hugger neighbor about them, and she said "Well, they were here first."

I understand I can't even snare them on my property. Thought about a paint ball gun but don't know the legality of it.
    So if you see deer in LR with paint splotches on them........

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom