• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Been seeing this around the yard. Once in the back in the pool area and now on top of a stone retaining wall.
    I'm hoping this is Fox and not coon. I know we have foxes around and they control the rabbits and I'm fine with that. I know of 2 coons down the hill at the woods and hoping they don't come up to the house.
    a4d1f72b3fc45943419d374cbb964e6b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I have something similar, and am also curious. Whatever it is, the critter(s) responsible are leaving a lot of it around my sidewalks and driveway.

Whatever it is, it's going to get relocated as soon as I can trap it. Fox and coon both seem to eat from the same buffet... garbage. And they especially like rib and chicken bones from the Amish market in Parole.

Attachments

• IMG_0402.jpg
      IMG_0402.jpg
      199.7 KB · Views: 419

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Hard to tell from the scale. Could be either. What the heck have they been eating, popcorn? That's what my dog's poop looks like when they have got into a leftover bag of popcorn.

Only real way to know is to put out a racoon trap or catch them on camera.

There is some chance its a coyote too.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I've had a cam out in the pool area where I really did not want to see more poop and only thing I captured was a deer last week. I"m going to move to the front of the house next.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    If you guys think its coon, I think I may try to put a camera out and some bait in front. My schedule is not good next week to be able to check the trap every morning and deal with dispatching a coon. I guess I can at least confirm the sighting and train it to take the bait. Then put the Uncle Duke trap out the following week. I'll put sardine in a cup for now and tie the cup down.

Anyone want a coon pelt? I'm near Clarksville MD

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Been seeing this around the yard. Once in the back in the pool area and now on top of a stone retaining wall.
    I'm hoping this is Fox and not coon. I know we have foxes around and they control the rabbits and I'm fine with that. I know of 2 coons down the hill at the woods and hoping they don't come up to the house.
    a4d1f72b3fc45943419d374cbb964e6b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Without scale it looks smallish to me, and because I can't see any hair or bone I'm going with raccoon. Otherwise I could go Fox.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Sometimes coon shit is tapered at the ends when they they pinch that trophy off. Foxes will sometimes mark territory like that when they get a scent of something and one may be traveling along that wall to get a look at whats down below when hunting. I'm going to guess fox. I seen where one shit on a piece of litter on the farm lane the other day. The tracks were easy to see coming off of it. If Its a fox and he suspects danger he'll break right off faster than a deer when crossing a fresh path. A camera will tell. Coons like to climb on top of stuff and shit too though. Camera will tell.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    I thought a cat was pooping on my patio but it turned out to be a huge toad. Impossible you say? Actually it was feasting on bugs attracted to my back door spot light. Little feller made a massive poop relative to its size. Would be like me pooping out a chiwawa

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I thought a cat was pooping on my patio but it turned out to be a huge toad. Impossible you say? Actually it was feasting on bugs attracted to my back door spot light. Little feller made a massive poop relative to its size. Would be like me pooping out a chiwawa

I have the same crap on my walks and drive. At first I thought it was the cats but they go 2 in the lawn and cover it up. Then I thought fox cuz we have them. Then based on posts was thinking coon. Haven't seen them but I am sure they are around. Then your post! We live on the water. Lots of frogs and lights on all night so I can avoid shooting an opioid addict after he hasn't found anything in my car and comes through the front door. Can't imagine a frog taking a dump that large, but that is the way I am leaning until I have video proof otherwise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom