• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    All,

Does anyone know what the green adhesive is that you put on the barrelnut? MI says it voids warranty if used anywhere else? Is it removable if you need to remove the handguard? Getting ready to put it on, and a little curious about the instructions.

Q

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    All,

Does anyone know what the green adhesive is that you put on the barrelnut? MI says it voids warranty if used anywhere else? Is it removable if you need to remove the handguard? Getting ready to put it on, and a little curious about the instructions.

Q

It comes with the rail from MI, why would it void the warranty?

I found a great install video on YouTube where the guy exsplains it in detail. I'll try to find it and post a link.

lonewolf220

Oct 10, 2014
    Hampstead
    All,

Q

It’s like a thread locker. Glues the hand guard to the barrel nut. I guess to keep the hand guard from shifting once installed. Most likely this stuff https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-...ngth-620-green-sleeve-retainer-prod25517.aspx

I used it on one of my builds and I regretted it. Was a real pain to remove the hand guard once it was glued down. Subsequent builds where I used their handguard I just skipped the adhesive.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    It’s like a thread locker. Glues the hand guard to the barrel nut. I guess to keep the hand guard from shifting once installed. Most likely this stuff https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-...ngth-620-green-sleeve-retainer-prod25517.aspx

I used it on one of my builds and I regretted it. Was a real pain to remove the hand guard once it was glued down. Subsequent builds where I used their handguard I just skipped the adhesive.

Any issues with slippage when you didnt use it?

lonewolf220

Oct 10, 2014
    Hampstead
    Any issues with slippage when you didnt use it?

Not that I could tell. If I was using the gun for competition I might use the adhesive. Just on the off chance that it could slip if it got caught on something. But for a range toy it seems like overkill considering you still torque it down at the torque plate.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Not that I could tell. If I was using the gun for competition I might use the adhesive. Just on the off chance that it could slip if it got caught on something. But for a range toy it seems like overkill considering you still torque it down at the torque plate.

Good to know, thanks. I have one i'm getting ready to install. Its going on a billet upper so i had to spend some time fitting the torque plate.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I've used Locktite 602 on them in the past. It does keep them from loosening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom