• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    DE is cheaper and less restrictive (for the most part)
    Lower property taxes.
    No sales tax.
    Much lower fees (permits, etc.)
    Slightly lower income tax.
    No SBR's, No suppressors, No full auto.
    All firearm sales are walk in and walk out.
    CCW fairly easy (as America should be)
    No "night life" nearby.
    Crappy secondary roads.
    Some areas have pretty high utility costs (mostly town operated)
    What feels like 4 snow plows in Sussex County.
    No real neighborhoods coming to mind where you are describing, but reasonable acreage in rural areas.
    Mostly nice, laid back folks.

Good luck.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    No rifle season..............

The water makes one stupid...............

BidenImage3.jpg

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    DE is cheaper and less restrictive (for the most part)
    Lower property taxes.
    No sales tax.
    Much lower fees (permits, etc.)
    Slightly lower income tax.
    No SBR's, No suppressors, No full auto.
    All firearm sales are walk in and walk out.
    CCW fairly easy (as America should be)
    No "night life" nearby.
    Crappy secondary roads.
    Some areas have pretty high utility costs (mostly town operated)
    What feels like 4 snow plows in Sussex County.
    No real neighborhoods coming to mind where you are describing, but reasonable acreage in rural areas.
    Mostly nice, laid back folks.

Good luck.

DE's sales tax is hidden as a "Gross Receipts" tax. Didn't know that until one of my cousins who is a book keeper in DE explained it to me; but they have that instead of both a sales and business income tax. Dramatically easier for the book keepers and accountants to calculate and its still lower than the combined taxes in neighboring states.

I've thought about that too. But I've been told that outside of the "slower lower" shore, Delaware politically isn't a whole lot better than this state is though.

That's exactly what my cousins that live there say ... Kent and Sussex complain about being ruled over by New Castle exactly the same way we complain about the I-95 axis. I guess its not a coincidence that I-95 goes thru New Castle and not Kent or Sussex.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Forbes or MSN Money rated Delaware the #1 state for retirement. I'm considering it and PA. Delaware is always in the top 3
    Sales tax and estate tax count big on these types of "best places" articles.
    Delaware has no estate or inheritance tax.
    Maryland's inheritance tax is 15% over a million and 10% if you leave money to non immediate family.

Contrary to what Obama will tell you, someone 60 or 70 years old with 2 million dollars never made a million dollars a year in their life. They lived their whole life below their means. When they refinanced their house, it was to lower mortgage payments, not to use their house as a piggy bank.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    This is my main concern. And what I have noticed going through De. There are some nice neighborhoods but the areas seem undesirable to be in. I know the school system is horrible, was planning on private school for the kiddies anyway.

That is a good idea to send the kids to private schools. It is a shame about the public schools and he has one school age child, so he will do the same. He got back to me a little while ago and said it was going to save him only about $5K/yr., but a lot of that was property taxes. YMMV. He is getting over 20 acres and over 3000 sq. ft of house, plus garages etc. for under $500K.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I'm really torn about whether to look at DE or WV for us in the next several years.

Leaning to WV, but if DE? Personally, I would probably look at Lower-Slower, but some areas in the middle of the state are interesting as well.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I would recommend WV, the natural resources are so much more impressive unless you want to be near the beach. WV is a lot more 2a friendly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom