Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    "I would not let a thief into my mouth to steal my brains."
    --- Matty Ross

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Why is this crap sweeping the state, I mean country, I mean world ? Once the moms demand action find out there has been a death, maybe they leave us alone. ?

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    My post wasn't directed at anyone specific. I just find it funny that users of drugs (including alchohol, nicotine, dick pills and caffeine) like to be the morality police when it comes to a drug that isn't one THEY chose to use.

If smoking tobacco is bad for you then why is smoking pot good for you?

The have nicotine patches which work quite well from my experience. Why don't they make THC patches. Then those that need THC can have it delivered into their body rather than destroying their lungs by smoking it?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

The have nicotine patches which work quite well from my experience. Why don't they make THC patches. Then those that need THC can have it delivered into their body rather than destroying their lungs by smoking it?

Because its edible. No need for a patch

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    This(and generally not liking to have to register with the state to do things) is why I haven't gotten my green card yet. I've got ulcerative colitis. I've been able to control it pretty well with diet and occasional use of prednisone to zap me out of flares, but it still rolls around every once in a while. One of the things that happens with it is I get real bad headaches as a result of its effect on my eyes and the general gut-pain. Excedrine and other pain meds actually trigger flares and makes stuff worse, so I'm stuck just dealing with an agonizing migraine or causing damage. In the past, pot was very effective at essentially eliminating symptoms, even at a dose that didn't really inhibit me cognitively at all.

It sucks that I know 100% that this is something I could legitimately use in a medical capacity(as a parent with responsibilities I don't like being intoxicated anymore for the most part), is something I can't have because I would have to fork over my 2a to get it. Hopefully this BS gets fixed soon.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    ... In the past, pot was very effective at essentially eliminating symptoms, even at a dose that didn't really inhibit me cognitively at all.

It sucks that I know 100% that this is something I could legitimately use in a medical capacity(as a parent with responsibilities I don't like being intoxicated anymore for the most part), is something I can't have because I would have to fork over my 2a to get it. Hopefully this BS gets fixed soon.

Have you ever tried CBD? Maybe it was the CBD portion that gave you relief and not the THC.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Have you ever tried CBD? Maybe it was the CBD portion that gave you relief and not the THC.

Nope. it may be worth looking in to though. Having a splitting headache, sore eyes, and a feeling like heartburn down along your left side isn't super fun. I know there is a ton of new research being done all the time now due to all the cannibanoid receptors in the gut, especially in terms of inflammation regulation, pain response, and cancer apoptosis.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16083701

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011

Because its edible. No need for a patch

That, and,... I was more referring to the medicinal/practical use side of things. I was addicted to nicotine from the age of about ~15 until 26. It serves ZERO actual medical purpose and is highly addictive, yet.....fully legal and now being marketed all but directly to children in the form of vape pens with fruity flavors. It's addictive and we know for a fact it can cause respiratory problems.....fully legal for use.

Same with alcohol, aside from a topical antiseptic, I'm not sure what purpose it can serve therapeutically. Killed literally hundreds of thousands (directly), is the catalyst for all types of bullschit behavior, mind you most of which is celebrated and accepted by a majority Americans. If you don't believe me on that topic, head up to an Eagles game this September.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Nope. it may be worth looking in to though. Having a splitting headache, sore eyes, and a feeling like heartburn down along your left side isn't super fun. I know there is a ton of new research being done all the time now due to all the cannibanoid receptors in the gut, especially in terms of inflammation regulation, pain response, and cancer apoptosis.

I have guy I know who worked for me for about 6 years (years ago). He used to get migraines that were literally debilitating. He was super light and sound sensitive, would get to the point of almost flu like symptoms, body aches, throwing up, basically totally sick and useless. He could use marijuana and would be 100% fine within about 15 minutes flat.

Mind you, this guy is actually super intelligent, smartest guy I've ever had work for me actually, quick, thought on his feet, great problem solver (not your average "stoner" type). Just ran in to him today, he is not a user of marijuana casually or recreationally.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    That, and,... I was more referring to the medicinal/practical use side of things. I was addicted to nicotine from the age of about ~15 until 26. It serves ZERO actual medical purpose and is highly addictive, yet.....fully legal and now being marketed all but directly to children in the form of vape pens with fruity flavors. It's addictive and we know for a fact it can cause repository problems.....fully legal for use.

Same with alcohol, aside from a topical antiseptic, I'm not sure what purpose it can serve therapeutically. Killed literally hundreds of thousands (directly), is the catalyst for all types of bullschit behavior, mind you most of which is celebrated and accepted by a majority Americans. If you don't believe me on that topic, head up to an Eagles game this September.

I'd like to see a logical argument against this post^^^^. If one does exist, I can't reason it up.

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland

lmao..they do. Google is your friend.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'll never believe that burning plant matter and inhaling the smoke is "good" for you. But, doing it once or twice a day vs 20-40 (two to three packs of cigarettes) a day and being physically addicted to the point you are completely aware it's killing you....... and you still continue the use???????

My grandmother died of Emphysema and other lung related disorders. She smoked from the age of around 13 until her late 60's, died at 77 years old but had a REALLY miserable last few years. She could barely walk to the bathroom without being totally out of breath and near fainting.

My alcohol background includes a father who was so much of a drunk he went out for a gallon of milk one night and was gone for 3 days (long before the days of cell phones). I've got a dozen stories like it, every single one was alcohol fueled. Ended when I didn't see him for over 2 years after he had been my Dad for the first ~11 years of my life. When you are in 5th grade and you begin to realize you might never see your Dad again,... makes for a pretty shitty childhood.

My wife's Dad was very similar, he would start drinking at lunch time some days and that was the end of it, treated everyone in the family like total shit and we had to tiptoe around him. He beat my brother in law like a grown fvkn man while he cowered in the corner with the rest of the family watching in horror. My mother in law still deals with it today (I've been married for 25 years this month). Same with many of my friends growing up, families totally torn apart by alcohol abuse usually coupled with at minimum mental abuse, many of us both mental and physical.

Tons of excuses, lots of ways for me and others I know to make up reasons why one or both of our parents were worthless.

Take a wild guess how many people I know who were casual or habitual marijuana users and shit on their family like my first hand examples above?

Zero.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

As a matter of fact, they do have transdermal THC patches. Also sublingal drops.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I'll never believe that burning plant matter and inhaling the smoke is "good" for you. But, doing it once or twice a day vs 20-40 (two to three packs of cigarettes) a day and being physically addicted to the point you are completely aware it's killing you....... and you still continue the use???????

My grandmother died of Emphysema and other lung related disorders. She smoked from the age of around 13 until her late 60's, died at 77 years old but had a REALLY miserable last few years. She could barely walk to the bathroom without being totally out of breath and near fainting.

My Mother smoked cigarettes beginning at age 15. She probably smoked 3 packs a day for most of her life. She would cough and gag and be unable to speak but kept on puffing away. Finally, at age 72, I took her to the doctor (she avoided doctors most of her life, didn't want to hear what they would tell her) they found a tumor in 1 lung the size of my fist. After her appointment with the oncologist, who told us she had inoperable lung cancer and about 6 months to live, guess what was the first thing she did when I got her home? That's right she fired up a cigarette! She probably smoked another month and a half until she physically couldn't even do that anymore. The oncologist was right, she lasted 6 months. 6 miserable, painful, horrible months.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Here’s what I am seeing now since they have decriminalize weed and now give out weed cards just for requesting them

I fired my best carpenter last week because weed is now more important than coming to work and I am way busy and having help that shows 20-28 hours a week won’t cut it, but his dr says he needs to. Now I am going to fire two more Friday because they reek of weed all the time and their excuse is they don’t burn the on my job but they have to before, at lunch, and all day and night after quitting time because their drs gave them a weed card to relieve their stress. The fact that they’re high at work apparently is ok since they have weed cards. I had to fire a sub a few weeks ago because he was smoking his medical weed on site because “ his dr said he had to”?

I don’t give two shits what they do at home but I cannot have them smoking or eating that shit at work, before work or at lunch,it’s to much of a liability. I have , because of our insurance carrier the ability to piss test our employees without notice, I guess I will have to start.

What they are doing is illegal. They are in violation of the terms of their "medical" cannabis cards.

Certainly in violation of number 4, and likely violating one, two, and three as well.

... one of my carpenters I think is high and I told him yesterday he stank of weed and that anyone can smell the weed smell emanating from his vehicle from50 feet away...

I used to take a couple guys to the supply house to get large loads put on the truck and to unload it but I am halfway scared to put them in my truck for fear I will get pulled over and put in a jam because they may have that shit in their pockets

It’s fvcking rediculous

These guys are breaking the law, and they are subject to arrest. Number one on this list looks like it's illegal to even sit in the driver's seat of a parked vehicle while under the influence. That's how I read it, anyway.
    They are required to sign this legal document when they buy their "medical" weed:

Attachments

• cannabis scan 1.jpg
      cannabis scan 1.jpg
      92 KB · Views: 203
    • cannabis scan 2.jpg
      cannabis scan 2.jpg
      81.1 KB · Views: 201

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    ... I sit here watching the bobcat driver who I know is high as shit trying to prep concrete with his partner in front of him pinned between the bucket and a masonry wall and the drive past my truck to get more gravel puts his partner, myself, my property, my job, the company I work does insurance all at risk.

Illegal as all get out. This is flat out illegal. Read numbers one through four on that list.

I am really pissed off reading your posts. These yahoos deserve to be arrested.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    I know someone who uses CBD oil for anxiety. Works great for her. She will not even touch alcohol or anything stronger than Advil for anything.

My job, like many, has a zero tolerance policy for drugs. If you get hurt or have an accident, expect to be tested immediately. They won’t even hire someone with a medical marijuana card. I have no problem with this at all as it’s a condition of employment.

My personal view is that if one has a MM card and it helps them, that is fine. Just don’t be a danger to everyone else. Also, those with said cards will be limited in terms of employment. It’s the employer’s prerogative.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I agree with the above, good post.

I'm in favor of the most liberal definition of "at will" employment, fire and hire away as far as I'm concerned.

Same with operators and the like. For instance, I don't want a school bus driver toking up before work.

Side by side I'd still submit that you're probably safer being around someone who had consumed Cannabis rather than alcohol..........but, NO one should be high at work, not while you're being compensated for your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom