Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old March 14th, 2019, 06:29 PM #301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicken Wing View Post
Got it. I appreciate the clarification. I am learning as I go. I do see where some bills look like they have been moving or were voted as unfavorable. If you check out the history tab, there has clearly been some movement on certain bills. This is what I have been paying attention to. This particular bill (HB0612) does not look like anything has happened yet (voted out of committee) and we only have one more week before crossover day. It only has 20 sponsors (out of 141 members). There is no companion bill from the Senate. Even though anything can be slipped in to any bill and voted on at the last minute before sine die, I just have a hard time seeing this one cross the finish line. That is what i was more or less referring to when I said "my gut instinct". I am trying to think positive on this one.

Both ghost gun bills have a lot of sponsors in both houses. They are the ones that gives me the creeps. Not being able to build my own gun or be able to grandfather an already built gun is total BS. The serial number thing is a slippery trick that has been slid into the verbiage of these bills and only the ignorant would think is a good idea. The authors of these bills are frightened over something that has been around for ages but they paint a picture of 3D printing as being the newest evil way to make a gun without a serial number, therefore let's ban everything without a serial number with no grandfathering. Katherine "Dumais" last name should be "Dumbass".
I am trying to remain optimistic. Might be better just to bury my head in the sand, on the freeway.

Without a written agreement between you and I, there is no attorney/client relationship. Do NOT rely on what is posted by me or others on this chatboard as sound legal advice. Hire an attorney of your choosing, pay for the advice/research, and rely on that. I discuss topics of interest on this board, I do not provide legal advice for you to rely on.
fabsroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 06:38 PM #302

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabsroman View Post
Ironic that the OP has received a perma ban.
I guess I'm not seeing the irony. If one has multiple personality disorder, there are cures for it.

#WeWillNotComply
PowPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 06:45 PM #303

Quote:
I am trying to remain optimistic. Might be better just to bury my head in the sand, on the freeway.
Waiting on the bills to be reported out of committee is like waiting the casualty announcements for an apartment building fire. The best you can hope for is everyone made it out safe and no harm occurred. It only goes downhill from there.
Allen65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 10:48 PM #304
Snakes and Sparklers

Snakes and Sparklers

Quote:
LMAO! After getting some good news regarding the amended HB0740, I have restored enthusiasm.
Kicken Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 11:43 PM #305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicken Wing View Post
LMAO! After getting some good news regarding the amended HB0740, I have restored enthusiasm.
HB0740 as amended is not good news. There is nothing good news about it surviving committee in any way, shape, or form. Might I suggest that you use your restored enthusiasm to fight these crap bills, including HB0740. Send letters, visit and/or call your delegates, and come down to Annapolis. I know you want to. Now's the time!

#WeWillNotComply
Old March 14th, 2019, 11:54 PM #306

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowPow View Post
HB0740 as amended is not good news. There is nothing good news about it surviving committee in any way, shape, or form. Might I suggest that you use your restored enthusiasm to fight these crap bills, including HB0740. Send letters, visit and/or call your delegates, and come down to Annapolis. I know you want to. Now's the time!
I love the enthusiasm of so many on this board telling others what they should do to fight this stuff. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I am going to jump in on it myself. PowPow, craft a winning argument for me that I can take to these legislators. One that will knock them off their feet and make them realize how wrong they are with all of this. I am a pretty good public speaker, calm under fire, and eloquent. Draft me up a winner and I will deliver it. Include lots of facts and evidence. Facts and evidence might actually get the message across. Provide the cites for those facts and evidence too because I want to be as prepared as possible when I am in front of them. Draft me a winner, and I will deliver.

Without a written agreement between you and I, there is no attorney/client relationship. Do NOT rely on what is posted by me or others on this chatboard as sound legal advice. Hire an attorney of your choosing, pay for the advice/research, and rely on that. I discuss topics of interest on this board, I do not provide legal advice for you to rely on.
fabsroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 12:01 AM #307

Sometimes the price of a stamp, a simple smile and "hello", an e-mail, or a WE WILL NOT COMPLY t-shirt is all you need. Each of us has their story, and it needs to come from us. I could not deliver the fabs argument, because it isn't mine. You couldn't deliver the powpow argument because it isn't yours. Why don't you spend the time to come up with yours? I don't need to see it. Your delegates and senators do.

#WeWillNotComply
Old March 15th, 2019, 12:07 AM #308

Oh, and I have a whole folder full of letters to delegates and senators with the powpow arguments. Each one is different. Not all of them are related to firearms.

#WeWillNotComply
Old March 15th, 2019, 12:11 AM #309
Grumpy Old Man

Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by eruby View Post
Hmmmmm.

Looking for sales on shineboxes.
Spider senses tingling they are.
Blacksmith101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 12:13 AM #310
Recovering Lurker

Recovering Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowPow View Post
Each of us has their story, and it needs to come from us. I could not deliver the fabs argument, because it isn't mine. You couldn't deliver the powpow argument because it isn't yours.
With all due respect: nope. The arguments against the bills in question are objective. Objectively practical. Objectively constitutional. Objectively rational.

I didn't write the Declaration of Independence, but if someone handed it to me as the basis for my appearance before an audience that needed to be convinced of the need to sever our 13 colonies from the Crown, it would be the perfect argument to study. A succinct outline of what's wrong with these bills, the ramifications of their passing, the unreasonable burdens they place on law abiding Maryland residents, and their deep friction with the Bill of Rights ... is, well, a succinct outline. It's not one person's story or another. It's the basis for the argument.

To the extent that a witless emotion-driven lefty legislator needs some emotional frosting on that constitutional cake, then, yes. A personal anecdote can fuel that. But not a single far-left member of the MDGA is going to change their minds about this entire topic, no matter what we say. So the personalized tidbits (expressed in 60 seconds at a hearing, or expressed in an email that is deleted before it's read, or a printed letter that is filed away by an intern without any consideration) is only helpful because it feels good doing it. It's not helpful - in this state, right now - in winning enough legislative hearts and minds to make any difference. That's going to happen through the courts.
Occam is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues