• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    This is what the left wants. They know gun owners in general support law enforcement. This will put both party's at war with each other. Another check mark in the progs book of disarment.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    In a criminal case, yes. But ERPO is a civil action. Much more relaxed rules of evidence and fewer protections for the defendant, or "respondant" actually, in this civil action.

This is the text of the law:
    5-602. (C) (1) ALL COURT RECORDS RELATING TO A PETITION FOR AN EXTREME RISK PROTECTIVE ORDER MADE UNDER THIS SUBTITLE ARE CONFIDENTIAL AND THE CONTENTS MAY NOT BE DIVULGED, BY SUBPOENA OR OTHERWISE, EXCEPT BY ORDER OF THE COURT ON GOOD CAUSE SHOWN.

Please forgive my ignorance but does this also mean the respondent is not allowed to make public the documents and records, or does the law only apply to the courts releasing records?

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    This is what the left wants. They know gun owners in general support law enforcement. This will put both party's at war with each other. Another check mark in the progs book of disarment.

What other choice is their? To continue to support those who enforce these unjust laws is like buying beer for your wife's boyfriend because he's really a nice guy.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    What other choice is their? To continue to support those who enforce these unjust laws is like buying beer for your wife's boyfriend because he's really a nice guy.

It’s not the boyfriend’s fault that you married her. :shrug:

And the LEOs are not the ones who asked for this BS law.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    You may be giving them far too much credit for strategic thinking.

In my book NEVER NEVER Underestimate them for they will use every trick in the book and out of the book to disarm the public. They give a whole new meaning to,"they are lower then whail sh** on the ocean floor". The left has no morals at all and do not care about the common man or family if they can not defend themselves while they sit in their glass ivory tower protected by people using firearms and in my book IMHO they are a class 1 hypocrite !!!

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    No offense but didn’t one of the leos interviewed talk about it just like a politician? “A new very useful tool “ and all. Hopefully he’s the only one but I believe he used the term we, I’ll look for that interview because I saw it with my parents and mentioned this law may turn out bad and they said “well the police seem to like it”. And the way the GB guy was portrayed by the media the general populous believe the law worked for the good. I’m just saying most people like the law the way it is being talked about. Oh, and Hogan likes it so ...
    GB guys family said “he would never hurt anyone “

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    No offense but didn’t one of the leos interviewed talk about it just like a politician? “A new very useful tool “ and all. Hopefully he’s the only one but I believe he used the term we, I’ll look for that interview because I saw it with my parents and mentioned this law may turn out bad and they said “well the police seem to like it”. And the way the GB guy was portrayed by the media the general populous believe the law worked for the good. I’m just saying most people like the law the way it is being talked about. Oh, and Hogan likes it so ...
    GB guys family said “he would never hurt anyone “
    And so the public must come to fear this law and fear the police who implement it. The "any interested party" can be used against gun owner and non-gun owner alike. Maybe they'll wake up when their reality doesn't match what the media and politicians tell them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    And so the public must come to fear this law and fear the police who implement it. The "any interested party" can be used against gun owner and non-gun owner alike. Maybe they'll wake up when their reality doesn't match what the media and politicians tell them.

Fear Not. Pray and hope there are still honorable police and sheriff's that will ONLY use 1302 for intended purpose of firearm owners that intend to do harm.

As for me "I will not comply"! Now is more than ever time to get to know your sheriff and or local police that might come to the door. Either that or keep a very low profile, your head down.

https://mdcourts.gov/district/ERPO

Can an Extreme Risk Protective Order be modified, rescinded, or extended?
    Yes, a judge may modify, rescind, or extend an Extreme Risk Protective Order after a hearing on a Petition to Modify/Rescind/Extend Extreme Risk Protective Order (CC-DC-ERPO-006).

Last edited:

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama

He's the one continuing to do something most view as morally wrong
    She's continuing to do something morally wrong

Be mad at them both. Stop being nice to them both.

For reference, in this scenario the Wife is the Government and the Boyfriend is the Police.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

And the German soldiers were not giving the orders in WWII and the same goes for the British enforcers and soldiers before and during the Revolutionary War.

The Kings, Queens, and politicians rarely pay any price for their BS. Then again, some Kings, Queens, Czars, etc. lost their heads.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    He's the one continuing to do something most view as morally wrong
    She's continuing to do something morally wrong

Be mad at them both. Stop being nice to them both.

For reference, in this scenario the Wife is the Government and the Boyfriend is the Police.

I fully understood the reference.

I think it’s wrong.

• Boyfriends who cheat with wives are doing so because they want to... not because the law requires it of them.

• Calling the LEOs “boyfriend” in this matter... is insulting the honor of many good folks who do not deserve the moniker.

• Taking a contrarian stance against folks who would otherwise sympathize with you... causes a chasm to develop where a bridge should be built.

Why create enemies from those who would otherwise be your allies? Especially when doing so... amounts to a pissing contest against the wind.

Go after the ones who got the law passed and the ones with the power to get it removed. THEY are your enemy. Neither you, nor any single LEO faced with enforcing this law, are in either group.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    And the German soldiers were not giving the orders in WWII and the same goes for the British enforcers and soldiers before and during the Revolutionary War.

The Kings, Queens, and politicians rarely pay any price for their BS. Then again, some Kings, Queens, Czars, etc. lost their heads.

Haven’t we seen enough Godwin? :sad20:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    So the Bar wants this massively expanded bc it only targets a demographic they don’t care for. A convenient way to quickly gin up more business defending ERPO victims.

This is no different than the other times MD has viewed the Constitution as an impediment to what it wants, and the excuses for those carrying it out are always the same.

FIFY.

I would be completely flabbergasted if a trade association did anything that didn't result in increased cash for themself.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    In my book NEVER NEVER Underestimate them for they will use every trick in the book and out of the book to disarm the public. They give a whole new meaning to,"they are lower then whail sh** on the ocean floor". The left has no morals at all and do not care about the common man or family if they can not defend themselves while they sit in their glass ivory tower protected by people using firearms and in my book IMHO they are a class 1 hypocrite !!!

If anyone has kept their ears open they would have heard Libs/Dims at all levels chanting that they were going all out for gun control, starting now. Mayybe you've noticed some of the proposed bills in the House last week? It's not going to get any better, my brothers (and sisters).

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

By then it will be too late. Ever see a law on the books in this state repealed?

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville

I think it’s wrong.

• Boyfriends who cheat with wives are doing so because they want to... not because the law requires it of them.

• Calling the LEOs “boyfriend” in this matter... is insulting the honor of many good folks who do not deserve the moniker.

• Taking a contrarian stance against folks who would otherwise sympathize with you... causes a chasm to develop where a bridge should be built.

Why create enemies from those who would otherwise be your allies? Especially when doing so... amounts to a pissing contest against the wind.

Go after the ones who got the law passed and the ones with the power to get it removed. THEY are your enemy. Neither you, nor any single LEO faced with enforcing this law, are in either group.
    Would I be correct in saying that the people to go against are 88.3% attorney's? Something like "He who represents himself has a fool for a client" -Lincoln. I believe we need money to even talk to one of them to fight for the rights. and they know this.

"the ones with the power to get it removed" Is this possible? maybe march the streets in front of Hogans home?? wait, I think we did that, so who is it we need to talk to?
    General info request RD, not directed at your enlightening comment but curiosity abounds on this subject lol.

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama

I think it’s wrong.

Youre triggered, I'm so surprised and so sorry. But facts are facts and it ain't the man working the counter at Ann's Dari-Creme thats coming to take people's guns without Due Process.

We didn't and aren't creating an enemy, no one forced them to enforce an immoral and possibly unconstitutional law. I don't see how you build a bridge will someone who is willing to enforce unjust laws. Now there may be exceptions, LEOs who have defied such orders and laws from politicians and the higher up would be one that comes to mind. But you cannot know how they will act until they're given the order, it's entirely too much of a risk to take going out of your way to be friendly with a group who has the ability to easily violate your rights. I'm not talking about flipping their cars and egging their homes, I'm talking about being cautious around them at all times and constantly being vigilant to what their role in society is. With this law, gone are the days of "if you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to fear"

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Youre triggered, I'm so surprised and so sorry. But facts are facts and it ain't the man working the counter at Ann's Dari-Creme thats coming to take people's guns without Due Process.

We didn't and aren't creating an enemy, no one forced them to enforce an immoral and possibly unconstitutional law. I don't see how you build a bridge will someone who is willing to enforce unjust laws. Now there may be exceptions, LEOs who have defied such orders and laws from politicians and the higher up would be one that comes to mind. But you cannot know how they will act until they're given the order, it's entirely too much of a risk to take going out of your way to be friendly with a group who has the ability to easily violate your rights. I'm not talking about flipping their cars and egging their homes, I'm talking about being cautious around them at all times and constantly being vigilant to what their role in society is. With this law, gone are the days of "if you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to fear"

No...

I am NOT "triggered". Your try... failed. :shrug:

Why can't you just ask a question without the personally offensive and confrontational ********?

What I am... is disgusted with folks who prefer to pick a fight with those who did not create nor ask for this law... rather than those who DID. But go ahead and keep shooting at the messengers. I'm sure that will work out real well for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom