• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Because it's not the same thing. Also, most CBD products with THC have very little THC in it. The CBD can be more effective when it has some THC in it but it's nowhere near enough to get anyone high. You guys obviously have not educated yourselves enough to be making the blanket statements your making. Typical clueless forum experts. I'm no expert on the subject but I'm not clueless. My wife uses MM for severe back pain from degenerative disc disease among other diagnosis on her back. The MRI radiologist report is lengthy. She no longer has to rely on regularly taking opioids to manage the pain. She doesn't get high nor does she want to get high from MM.

https://www.marijuanabreak.com/amazon-hemp-oil-vs-real-cannabis-cbd-oil

Yeah i feel like your not getting the jist of the doc and i based on your personal intimate experience so I’ll just leave it at this, i hope this stuff works for your wife and she is able to maintain long awesome days without back pain!

LRoberts

Retired Master General El
    Oct 22, 2017
    SM County

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    That Government is best that governs least.
    This!

Weed is not going away. Now they have a way to make a list of people that use it and try to keep them from doing dumb things (more .gov) or this would make it easy for attorneys to tack on more charges. Yeah, the card is a bad idea. Legalize it and let the feds spend money to lock people up as opposed to both our Fed tax $ and state tax $ being used.
    Comparing weed to percocet in the previous context would also need to show overdose numbers for each, apples/oranges. This conversation could go on for a long time.

Is the MMCard in any way similar to the HQL that we all love?

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Drinking alcohol doesn't prohibit you from owning a firearm. Neither should ingesting pot.

Should it? NO

Does it? YES

And until that is changed... WE must deal with the reality... NOT the fantasy.

And the larger % of folks who want the weed to be legalized... and are steady riders on the Medical Marijuana Train... are NOT in need of anything more medically potent than a aspirin.

Those in need... actual true NEED are a different story completely. But... not the folks who are ONLYY in it for the THC and the high it brings them. THEY cheapen and delegitimize the entire issue.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Should it? NO

Does it? YES

And the larger % of folks who want the weed to be legalized... and are steady riders on the Medical Marijuana Train... are NOT in need of anything more medically potent than a aspirin.

Those in need... actual true NEED are a different story completely. But... not the folks who are ONLYY in it for the THC and the high it brings them. THEY cheapen and delegitimize the entire issue.

If it is legalized, it won't change anything for a decent portion of the population. Truck drivers, employees driving company vehicles, clearances, etc... will still be prohibited from using it.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Should it? NO

Does it? YES

Is the over crowding of jails one of these reasons, I do not hear of it being mentioned any longer. Just saw on the news yesterday where a yute on house arrest and a bracelet killed some ones grandfather for whatever reason. His mom came out and said she tried 15 times to tell authorities he was in violation of his court order! I'm probably wrong here but his jail cell was full of simple pot possession charged convicts? Hogan even had a strong statement on this case (judges are not locking up the bad guys).

I also find it difficult to believe the ones on the train for the thc are actively protesting for, calling their senators or sending letters/emails in attempt to get these laws negated. So who is pushing for legalization enough to get us to this point? LOL, is there a pot vote the D's want and if they are stoned do they get out and vote? Unless there is really a MDSmokers forum who have an active group called "The POTriate Picket" Sorry to joke.

Only using your post RD, not asking you directly. Much more fun to talk about this then all the other political crap.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    One of the differences of scale is while there are various prohibitions against various things/ activities While Actually Intoxicated . But the MM card possession, regardless of ever actually partaking or not , creates a legal disability lasting several years .

I've said this multiple times , but the current wink wink, nod nod quasi- decriminalization is worse than either full legalization , or full bore criminalization with hefty prison sentences .

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Is the over crowding of jails one of these reasons, I do not hear of it being mentioned any longer. Just saw on the news yesterday where a yute on house arrest and a bracelet killed some ones grandfather for whatever reason. His mom came out and said she tried 15 times to tell authorities he was in violation of his court order! I'm probably wrong here but his jail cell was full of simple pot possession charged convicts? Hogan even had a strong statement on this case (judges are not locking up the bad guys).

I also find it difficult to believe the ones on the train for the thc are actively protesting for, calling their senators or sending letters/emails in attempt to get these laws negated. So who is pushing for legalization enough to get us to this point? LOL, is there a pot vote the D's want and if they are stoned do they get out and vote? Unless there is really a MDSmokers forum who have an active group called "The POTriate Picket" Sorry to joke.

*Only using your post RD, not asking you directly. Much more fun to talk about this then all the other political crap.
    *:thumbsup: thanks for clarification.

Now to your point...

I’m not sympathetic to the overcrowded prisons argument.

Are we to stop enforcing laws because too many people are breaking them?

And the idea that the felons are out of prison because the misdemeanor criminals have filled up the cells... is contrary to the facts. The judges and parole/probation officials determine who to release and why. Hold them accountable/liable for their decision making and the results thereof... then we will see more felons in cells and more misdemeanor violators on release.

It makes no sense whatsoever... to claim that it is the overwhelming number of misdemeanor/non-violent criminals who are responsible for allowing the violent felons to be released early.

If anyone MUST be released... the presence of a braincell... would demand that it be the non-violent offender.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    One of the differences of scale is while there are various prohibitions against various things/ activities While Actually Intoxicated . But the MM card possession, regardless of ever actually partaking or not , creates a legal disability lasting several years .

I've said this multiple times , but the current wink wink, nod nod quasi- decriminalization is worse than either full legalization , or full bore criminalization with hefty prison sentences .

I said the same thing when DC did the roll out!!! This gray area crap is stupid. It’s either legal or it’s not!

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    People get amazingly upset when you try to get in the way of their weed. For the record, I think it should be legal. I don't think doctors need to get involved at all.

Let's agree to disagree on this one, my friend. I respect your opinion and see eye to eye with you on most things, but I view the liberalization of drug policies as a highly crossive factor in society... I know that is not a popular opinion on this board, but it's how I feel about it. I otherwise doff my cap to you, my good doctor.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I have yet to hear a persuasive argument as to why anyone should be able to tell an adult what they can or cannot put into their own body.

"What they might do afterward," you say? Cross that bridge when it becomes necessary. Until then, kindly embrace freedom, even if you find it disagreeable.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Let's agree to disagree on this one, my friend. I respect your opinion and see eye to eye with you on most things, but I view the liberalization of drug policies as a highly crossive factor in society... I know that is not a popular opinion on this board, but it's how I feel about it. I otherwise doff my cap to you, my good doctor.

Agreed.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Some are for legalization and some against. How is this being legalized in these various states? (There is a green wave by the way) If by executive action of some type then something could be amiss. If by popular vote then I say I love my country (we all have a right to vote).

For those who believe it should be illegal then would the answer be to tax the people more in order to hire more police and build many more jails and persecute these low life bastards? Stamp it out quickly because this beast has grown! Require CDL to drive anything! If you want a job done ....

Sorry guys but I believe legalization would cost us less. And don’t say “yeah, until someone gets hurt” show me facts, I’m still curious. As a society we lock up someone with a bag of weed but let someone drive around with 3, 4, and 5 DUIs, I’m honestly confused on that one.
    Ok, I need another coffee. And where’s the horde today lol.

Last edited:

jbeck5312

Jan 25, 2016
    What if your wife has been prescribed medical marijuana and you have your guns in the house. Would that be a problem?

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    What if your wife has been prescribed medical marijuana and you have your guns in the house. Would that be a problem?
    First You should go to the Introductions section and say hello.
    I believe this thread is dealing with the fact that one who has a MM Card cannot purchase firearms. If the feds find you with guns and pot that may be bad, still illegal. I would not keep the two together. More will chime in on this soon.

IANAL.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    The guys I've met with the MMC were just stoners who are borderline productive people in general. Pot might not be physically addictive but it can be psychologically addictive.

Do the legal CBD products work as advertised? And how would they affect a drug test, if they had the low limit of THC? So many supplements are just fool & money separators, useful only for making expensive urine.

klutch

Mar 27, 2018

The war on drugs is NO different than the war on guns, the war on vices (gambling, sex (including prostitution), alcohol, etc.) when you prohibit it, all you do is send the activity underground! As we all saw during prohibition, it turned out bad.. for ALL parties involved. There is NO difference between it and the war on drugs, which has been going on for EIGHTY-ONE years now!

Now regarding medical cannabis and hemp, I say if it's a better remedy than what big-pharma is pushing, I say let the consumer decide! I know of several people whom it has helped. Having had health issues of my own, if I feel I have to use it I WILL do so!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom