• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Looking for real world feedback on this one. As a guy with astigmatism, the 1.5x and etched reticle speaks to me. Seems like it might provide the CQB style speed of an RDS with slightly better performance at 300.

32644935_1975072075850254_7685670081556119552_o.jpg

Anyone actually have one? TIA.

Last edited:

johnhmpg

Mar 14, 2011
    I have looked through several ACOGs. Not sure about that one specifically. I also have astigmatism and none of the reticles were sharp. I have to have an adjustable diopter. I would advise trying one out first. It's a lot of cash to find out it isn't perfect. Otherwise they have phenomenal glass.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I really like my ta31 and chose it because it’s BDC reticle is calibrated for xm193 out of a 16” barrel (matches my build).

You’re welcome to come give it a test drive the next time you’re in Frederick

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    TA44 is decent in some respects but great at nothing. If only to deal with astigmatism, you're better off with a Vortex Spitfire AR or Spitfire 3x for one-third the price.

If you must have an ACOG, presumably for ruggedness, go all in with the TA31 or TA11. Both are fantastic in their own way. TA11 has longer eye relief if you wear glasses.

Another good option is a lightweight 1-4x scope (e.g. Leupold VX-Freedom 1.5-4x20 AR) with a Weaver Thumbnut SPR mount.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    I thought I'd update this. I did end up ordering the TA44 with the ACSS reticle. The TA44 is fantastic - fast, light, excellent clarity, etc. The ACSS reticle is garbage, though. It's so freaking small that it's basically unusable. I returned it. I am considering buying another TA44 for an SBR build but will go for the circle dot reticle this time.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    I have the TA44 with the circle dot recticle in green. Great lightweight optic. Figured out that the top of the black post below the circle is the point of aim for a target 10-15 feet away.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    I have the TA44 with the circle dot recticle in green. Great lightweight optic. Figured out that the top of the black post below the circle is the point of aim for a target 10-15 feet away.
    I can't seem to find any reticle information. Do you know how big the circle is? Does Trijicon provide a recommended zero?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom