• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    https://spiderconcealment.com/
    These guys. I have one for a Glock 26 and I love it. Customer service is outstanding and they’re very responsive to emails and Fascistbook messages. I beat that holster for 9 months straight trying to wear it out or break it and it’s still going strong. I messaged Spiderconcealment and told them of my plan...their response “If it breaks or you have any issues, we’ll be here to take care of you.” They’re very down to earth people and I’m pretty sure the owner has family on the Eastern shore where he visits.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    https://spiderconcealment.com/
    These guys. I have one for a Glock 26 and I love it. Customer service is outstanding and they’re very responsive to emails and Fascistbook messages. I beat that holster for 9 months straight trying to wear it out or break it and it’s still going strong. I messaged Spiderconcealment and told them of my plan...their response “If it breaks or you have any issues, we’ll be here to take care of you.” They’re very down to earth people and I’m pretty sure the owner has family on the Eastern shore where he visits.
    I'm trying to figure out how you would break a kydex holster? Run it over with a car?
    And kydex doesn't wear out.
    I've never broken any type of holster, ever.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    As for a belt, screw all the "gun belts" out there. Unless it's a ratchet belt. When you get fat sitting down, you can easily touch the little lever and make a one handed adjustment. When you stand up, it's easy enough to push the belt back tighter. 1/4 inch adjustments, not 1/2 inch holes.
    The brand I have is Nexbelt, the EDC.

You'll never wear another belt, ever.
    85a76a3dc69f8d541370d084ecb7f119.jpg

I like ratchet belts, just not for carry. My fat tail has bent the ratcheting prong on one. I really tighten my belts when carrying. I cant stand worrying about my pants falling down at all. Its why I prefer biothane belts.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I like ratchet belts, just not for carry. My fat tail has bent the ratcheting prong on one. I really tighten my belts when carrying. I cant stand worrying about my pants falling down at all. Its why I prefer biothane belts.
    This happened to a Nexbelt? How tight are you going?

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    For my personal. I have a kore essentials ratchet belt and carry my p365 iwb with a crossbreed minituck. No one has ever called me out for printing so I guess it works fine. It is comfortable as a concealed carry holster is going to be. I like that the bottom is open so I can use my griffin armament threaded barrel and micro carry comp. I end up with about 3.75” of barrel in a very concealable package.

For work I have an alien gear shapeshift g19 holster that I’ll reconfigure based on what I’m doing.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    This happened to a Nexbelt? How tight are you going?

Tight enough that my pants don't fall with a IWB on my hip. I have no butt and am hardly the skinniest person in the world. So I ratcheted that thing on tight. I look a lot like Hank Hill.

It didn't bend the first time. It was like a year before it bent.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Like most of us, I’ve got boxes of shit that didn’t work for me or didn’t work like I needed it to work.

Next up is some leather lined kydex.

I think a holster trading thread would be a hit.

I find I have to write the weapon type on the damn holster to remember what mates with what.

Then there’s the bunch that belong to a gun long gone....

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I'm trying to figure out how you would break a kydex holster? Run it over with a car?
    And kydex doesn't wear out.
    I've never broken any type of holster, ever.

Blaster, the belt clips on the AIWB holster I got from them are made of some sort of plastic or polymer, so expected them to break. I had one kydex holster that started to split around the trigger guard area and another where the tension screw holes wallowed out and pulled through. I wear my holsters while jogging, bicycling, lifting weights, climbing trees, hiking, hunting, cutting firewood, working in the garage on automobiles and atvs, mowing grass, helping my brother in law with construction work, etc. Pretty much everything except at work, showering, and banging my wife(not enough “real estate” to hang the holster off of or I’d probably try it). I expected some sort of splitting or cracking like some other kydex holsters I’ve used, but it didn’t happen with the Spiderconcealment one. I paid $45 for it and honestly didn’t think it would hold up long at that price point.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Shooting/ hunting partner #2 would break plastic holsters like clockwork . Admittedly not IWB .

Fobus paddle holsters for literal every day from wake up to go to bed , Sig P229 , then H&K USP . After about a year the plastic would split near the holster body/ paddle junction , just from the weight of the gun sitting there . My observation was that it was weakened for a long time prior .

Yeah it was Fobus . Yeah , 12-18hrs a day \ 365 is more than typical usage ( even among serious gun people , they are likely to either rotate holsters or guns occasionally ) . Yeah , prorated that's less than $0.01 per day . But does show that ( just like leather ) holster failures are greater than zero .

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads