• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jlynne2

Apr 13, 2020
    Maryland
    I have been reading numerous posts. either I’m incompetent or I’m just not finding what I need (partially because this app is not working for me for some reason)
    Any who, I am looking to build an AR. First timer. No in depth knowledge of ARs other than what I’ve recently been reading up on. I have my ccw and experience with hand guns. But I want to expand my collection with a piece I can make my own.
    Can anyone point me in a good direction to start?

Please don’t troll me for lacking knowledge. I’ve had a difficult day, week, month lol looking for a creative outlet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    Im SOTAR (Clandestine, I think) is an industry partner here, and everyone brags about how great his Classes are. I haven't taken it yet but plan to.

Jlynne2

Apr 13, 2020
    Maryland
    Im SOTAR (Clandestine, I think) is an industry partner here, and everyone brags about how great his Classes are. I haven't taken it yet but plan to.

Thank you. I’ll have to look into that. Always open to classes of any sort. Love learning new things when it comes to this hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirtyHarry45

Jun 8, 2013
    I decided to take a shot at building a very cheap AR from new and used parts that I acquired. This was going to be my first ever build and I didn’t feel totally comfortable. However, after watching a few YouTube videos I decided to take the laptop into the garage and start putting it together.

It took me probably a lot longer (3 hours) to put it together because I would pause the instructional video, rewind, and watch certain components over and over again as I attempted to replicate the process on my end. Ended up putting it together and a week later it went bang at the range and has been working flawlessly for the past 2 years.

Again, if you have the time to take a class you probably should. But overall the process isn’t too bad

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nen5iNNzVXE

Can’t remember if I used the above video as a guide but this should give you an idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom