• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R81

Jun 30, 2006
    I came home today with some 9mm brass. Curious about some of these head stamps. Some I'm unfamiliar with completely. And others I'm not sure whether to reload or toss them. Thanks for any information.

Geco
    Augilla
    L
    USA
    EGA
    x-treme
    WMA 18

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I had some 9mm Aguilla that had the flash holes way off center of the primer pockets. Almost every piece of brass was like that in the case of 1000. No problems encountered with Geco, L, USA, WMA cases in my experience. I would advise you to decap and tumble them clean, then do an inspection. This is a good practice on all range pickup brass, IMO.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    X-treme is x-treme bullets. They make and sell primarily plated bullets for reloading, but also sell cases and primers. I don’t think they sell loaded Ammo.

Aguila and Geco aren’t uncommon. Mexican and Romanian (Hungarian?) manufacturers respectively.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Actually , Geco is German .

Founded 1880's in Stralsund , Pomerania , since 1960's Geco , Rottweil, and RWS have been all under the corporate umbrella of Dynamint Nobel .

Short version - Geco is mainstream brand name European ammo , distributed worldwide , albeit with rather low profile in US market .

For further ammo trivia - The Agulia plant was built by Remington in 1961 , and in '60s and '70s much of their output was sold here under the Remington name .

Bought out by Mexican partners in '70s , it is the primary supplier to Mexican Mil , LE, and private Security industry . Widely distributed in Latin America , and one of the big players in world wide Rimfire market .

US distribution as been inconsistent over the years , but their current US Distributors/ Consultants have been vigorously modernizing and promoting for almost 10yrs .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom