• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Just finished filling out the application and something dawned on me. Does the FFL 03 allow for the purchase of C&R standard capacity mags that come with C&R handguns post sb281?

Jul 1, 2012
    Just finished filling out the application and something dawned on me. Does the FFL 03 allow for the purchase of C&R standard capacity mags that come with C&R handguns post sb281?

Unfortunately not.
    You can still purchase/receive mags > 10 rd capacity out of state and bring them in yourself, but can't transfer/receive them within MD.
    Still perfectly legal to possess within MD.

Stupid I know, but that's the way it is.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Here is the snippet of law that specifically exempts FFL dealers and manufacturers. FFL type 3 (C&R) are not exempted.

From: http://www.associatedgunclubs.org/legislative/general_interest/Code_of_Maryland_2014.pdf
    CRIMINAL LAW
    TITLE 4. WEAPON CRIMES
    SUBTITLE 3. ASSAULT WEAPONS AND DETACHABLE MAGAZINES.
    Md. CRIMINAL LAW Code Ann. § 4-302 (2014)
    § 4-302. Scope of subtitle

This subtitle does not apply to:
    (3) possession, importation, manufacture, receipt for manufacture, shipment for manufacture,
    storage, purchases, sales, and transport to or by a licensed firearms dealer or manufacturer who is:
    (i) providing or servicing an assault weapon or detachable magazine for a law enforcement unit or for
    personnel exempted under item (1) of this section;
    (ii) acting to sell or transfer an assault weapon or detachable magazine to a licensed firearm dealer in
    another state or to an individual purchaser in another state through a licensed firearms dealer; or
    (iii) acting to return to a customer in another state an assault weapon transferred to the licensed
    firearms dealer or manufacturer under the terms of a warranty or for repair;

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    I finally got around to applying for my C&R FFL. I knew there wasn't much to it but it was actually a little easier than I expected. The original link in this thread explaining the process is dead but I found really good one that walks you through it step by step for what to fill out (link below) I was under the impression you had to call or contact the CLEO however all you need to do is mail them a designated part of your application. I used the Baltimore County Sheriff.

http://www.garandgear.com/cnr_ffl_03

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I got mine in 29 days. Ran my CC on 1/11 and license showed up in my mail 2/8.

Made my "book" this morning and made some copies of my unsigned license, now am "shopping".

Does anyone know if I can(should) laminate my little cut out card?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I got mine in 29 days. Ran my CC on 1/11 and license showed up in my mail 2/8.

Made my "book" this morning and made some copies of my unsigned license, now am "shopping".

Does anyone know if I can(should) laminate my little cut out card?

I did. Haven't used it yet, but what can it hurt?

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Got mine after about 5 weeks. I called to check on it and found the young lady that helped me to be very professional and courteous. Not at all what I expected.

Getting ready to pick up a P64 in the next week or two as my first purchase using it. Woohoo!

Last edited:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Got mine after about 5 weeks. I called to check on it and found the young lady that helped me to be very professional and courteous. Not at all what I expected.

Getting ready to pick up a P64 in the next week of two as my first purchase using it. Woohoo!

You're gonna love it! Get Poliosh Iron grips and a Wolff Recoil Spring Calibration Pack.

edjenkins99

Dec 22, 2011
    Greetings:
    FYI> sent Feb.14 from RV.
    Feb.19 card ran.
    Mar.22 03-C&R in the house.

36 Calendar days , House to House.
    Signed: ED,,,,,,,,,Ed Jenkins

:thumbsup:

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    Greetings:
    FYI> sent Feb.14 from RV.
    Feb.19 card ran.
    Mar.22 03-C&R in the house.

36 Calendar days , House to House.
    Signed: ED,,,,,,,,,Ed Jenkins

:thumbsup:

Got mine today also - card ran on 2/21... now what to buy for the 1st purchase? hmmmm...

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    You're gonna love it! Get Poliosh Iron grips and a Wolff Recoil Spring Calibration Pack.

I had read about those modifications on another forum and installed both the grips and the springs before going to the range, Bill.

Love the P-64! It is quite snappy even with those mods, but a fun little gun. I am sure it will get a lot of range time.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I had read about those modifications on another forum and installed both the grips and the springs before going to the range, Bill.

Love the P-64! It is quite snappy even with those mods, but a fun little gun. I am sure it will get a lot of range time.

If you handload your rounds it definitely helps tame the little beast even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom