• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    DATE CHANGE Engage Combat Handgun Course August 12, 2012

Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen,

I just wanted to give everyone an exciting update about our future course we will be hosting on our range in mountain dale (5 min away from the regular range). The range is currently undergoing some changes to support this type of course and should be done shortly. I will be running the brand spanking new Engage Combat Handgun Course on August 12, 2012. This course will cover the following:

• Combat Mindset/ Situational Awareness
    • Gear/ Kit considerations and proper placement
    • Quick refresher of the basic fundamentals of pistol marksmanship
    • Compression of the Fundamentals
    • Accelerated Shooting
    • Immediate and Remedial Action for common malfunctions
    • Pivots and Forward Movement Shooting Techniques
    • Barricade Shooting Considerations
    • Gun Fight
    • Assault Course of Fire

This course is done all on the range so be prepared to shoot rain or shine. The shooter is required to bring the following:

• One serviceable pistol
    • 3 serviceable magazines for pistol
    • 400 Rounds for the pistol
    • 2 magazine holders or pouches
    • Seasonal/ Weather Appropriate Clothing
    • Closed toe Hiking or Combat Boots

The shooter is also required to provide some kind of verifiable source of basic pistol instruction. Because of the more advanced material covered, we don’t need to waste any time waiting on shooters to catch up.

Total Cost for the course: $200.00 Lunch will be provided

The Engage Basic Pistol will be held on August 5, 2012 for those who are looking for a good start to building the framework for more advanced pistol manipulation. The course starts with the basic fundamentals of pistol marksmanship then goes into beginner defensive marksmanship basics that can be applied to your self defense plan. If you have never shot a suppressed handgun before then we will also provide the opportunity to do so. We use our own range so it gives us the ability to more than any range in the area, with safety in mind of course! You will be given a certificate at the end of the course that is honored by many different companies and law enforcement organizations for basic qualifications for handgun related permits, also for our Combat Handgun Course. We have about 4 hours total of classroom time with give or take 3 hours of high quality range time!

The price of the course is $200.00 per person with special couple pricing and it includes:

-Gun Rental
    -100 Rounds of Ammunition
    -Eye/ Ear Protection
    -Range Fees
    -Company Fees
    -Food (Coffee, Doughnuts, Soda, Water, Bad A$$ lunch)
    -Good, Safe, Fun!!

Both course's start at 9:00 and they are both held at our location in Thurmont, MD.

The course dates are subject to change and I will give ample time to any changes being made. Thank you for all of your patience while we figure everything out with the direction of our course. I am putting my heart and soul into this and will promise to give each and every person who attends my course the best possible instruction possible! If there are any questions about anything feel free to give me a buzz! Thank you for your time and consideration.

Your Future Firearms Instructor,
    Andrew James Wynne
    Engage Armament Firearms Instructor

Last edited:

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    AJ, where is the basic course being held? indoor or outdoor range? How far away? Also, if I send my wife, will I get her back?

Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    AJ, where is the basic course being held? indoor or outdoor range? How far away? Also, if I send my wife, will I get her back?

Both courses will be held at our out door ranges in Thurmont, MD. Yes, you will see your wife again....I promise:evilgrin3 jk jk

HokieCasey

Aug 7, 2010
    St Mary's
    There any change in price for the basic if we want to use an owned pistol for the basic class?

And what is signup process as I'm interested/considering both classes.

dwon James

bulldog
    Jun 27, 2012
    pg/mocounty
    cool

Not to shure of that area but very intrested in your class I need to get another car since I sold my last so ill be able to travel.. lol and andy said the motorcycle. Was for sale but I need 4 wheels I should have another car by August by the way I think I'm persuaded into going for a glock 19. On my next purchase after seeing how wicked cool yours was

Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    There any change in price for the basic if we want to use an owned pistol for the basic class?

And what is signup process as I'm interested/considering both classes.

The price does not change if you use your own pistol in the course. If you would like to sign up just send me a PM and I will write you up for your spot in the class.

Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    Not to shure of that area but very intrested in your class I need to get another car since I sold my last so ill be able to travel.. lol and andy said the motorcycle. Was for sale but I need 4 wheels I should have another car by August by the way I think I'm persuaded into going for a glock 19. On my next purchase after seeing how wicked cool yours was[/QUOTE

Thanks mang and good luck with the new car!

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Is she hot?

Of course... need you even ask?

Both courses will be held at our out door ranges in Thurmont, MD. Yes, you will see your wife again....I promise:evilgrin3 jk jk

Great. An outdoor range is ideal. She hates shooting indoors... at least, she hates the noise and unsafe practices of the people who tend to frequent the local indoor range. I'll see if I can get her to take that day off work... she really needs professional instruction. My instruction has been woefully inadequate.

Would she be able to use her gun (P229) or is the rental required for training uniformity?

One rule: No one can mention my purchases when she is around! She doesn't know about most of them, and only has a vague notion of why she is a trustee of my NFA trust. :innocent0

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD

Great. An outdoor range is ideal. She hates shooting indoors... at least, she hates the noise and unsafe practices of the people who tend to frequent the local indoor range. I'll see if I can get her to take that day off work... she really needs professional instruction. My instruction has been woefully inadequate.

Would she be able to use her gun (P229) or is the rental required for training uniformity?

One rule: No one can mention my purchases when she is around! She doesn't know about most of them, and only has a vague notion of why she is a trustee of my NFA trust. :innocent0

I see. You know I am unable to speak while I am stuffing my face with icing filled Krispy Kreme donuts...

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I gotta check some funds, but I'm gonna try and make both. I've never had proper training beyond hunter safety and Utah CCW, I need training.

I would bring my own pistol (9mm) to the basic class too, I'd still get that 100 rounds right? :) how much more and what else would I need to bring?

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I see. You know I am unable to speak while I am stuffing my face with icing filled Krispy Kreme donuts...

I know when to say when... you shall have your donuts when I pick up that lower you are engraving. But I'll be damned if I'm driving all the way to KK when there is a DD right on the 1.5 mile drive from my house to the shop.

I'll have to call ahead and see if they will bring back the much-acclaimed green tea donuts as a special order. :innocent0

Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011

Yes she may use her P229 for the course, I encourage usage of your own pistol for consistency in fundamentals on a gun you know!

Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    I gotta check some funds, but I'm gonna try and make both. I've never had proper training beyond hunter safety and Utah CCW, I need training.

I would bring my own pistol (9mm) to the basic class too, I'd still get that 100 rounds right? :) how much more and what else would I need to bring?

You still get the 100 rounds and I would bring clothing that is comfortable and suitable for the weather. The basic pistol class can be attended with shorts and other comfortable garments but there is always a chance for brass going down the side of your boot. But for the advanced course pants are required since the terrain can cut you up. Anything else is up to you, if we finish early I give everyone a chance to try out different guns, techniques, and the ability to blast off whatever ammo you have left!:party29:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I might like to check this out and see what you have going on there :) Have another week to see what is in store for me work wise on that day.

Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    I may have missed it, but what are the hours for these courses? Also, is NRA basic pistol cert sufficient for the combat class?

Thanks

Yes, the NRA cert is good enough for me but be prepared to move at much higher pace! But you will have fun, I guarantee it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom