• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blankford

Apr 29, 2015
    Bel Air
    So my paperwork for my Silencerco Warlock should be back any day now to the dealer (approved 02/11) and I already have three firearms that can run it.

Ruger 10/22 w/ threaded bull barrel
    S&W M&P 22 compact
    Sig Sauer 1911-22

However, as I'm always looking to pick up a new gun, what are some cool looking suppressed 22's?

Pistol, rifle, doesn't matter. Show me some pics of your awesome looking suppressed 22's to give me some ideas of what to pick up next.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    My ruger SR-22 is great with a suppressor but you might have that one covered with your M&P.

Honestly, you seem to have all your bases covered already. I guess maybe a nice target shooting ruger perhaps?

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I dont have a pic, but if you want to giggle like a school girl when you shoot suppressed, you need to add a bolt rifle.

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    I'll play- I have the 10-22 bull barrel Ruger, and find it to be a bit heavy. I recently added a 15-22 S&W, find it to be much lighter and more fun to play with suppressed. Ringing steel, etc. brings a smile to the face. Also, since you have a Sig 1911-22, you may consider the CWA slide and upgrade kit. Everything is in the eye of the beholder, so you may or may not think these look cool. I kinda like 'em-

Attachments

• 15-22.jpg
      15-22.jpg
      68.4 KB · Views: 422
    • sig sup3.jpg
      sig sup3.jpg
      42 KB · Views: 336

Gummy

May 16, 2009
    Eden
    My Savage MKII FV-SR, SWR Spectre II, Boyd's Pro-Varmint stock, pillar bedded, rattle can camo, DIP bottom metal and trigger gaurd
    20150921_164406.jpg

bmeek

Jan 24, 2013
    CZ 455 Varmint Tacticool Suppressor ready is worth a look. Very nice as a stock rifle with plenty of upgrades available. A suppressed .22 bolt gun is ridiculously quiet.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Mark I I is great but stock sucks. Had to replace as LOP, and non repeatable chin rest were too much.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    You'd have to buy one used (they are usually on gunbroker), but look for a S&W 422 (blued), 622 (alloy-stainless), or 2206 (stainless steel). They all have threaded barrels, you just need to get an adapter from EKW.
    6c285513605298f999c915cac191eedd.jpg
    830bff11bf29d677085732794be8f072.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Mark I I is great but stock sucks. Had to replace as LOP, and non repeatable chin rest were too much.
    True... I have a new stock, glass and trigger waiting to put it all together this evening.

I have an older MKII, but didn't want to bastardize it for a suppressor, since it shoots so well, so a new host was in order.

blankford

Apr 29, 2015
    Bel Air
    Lots of great ideas in here guys! Thank you for everything.
    A lot of you seem to really like bolt action 22's so I think I'm going to be taking closer looks at;
    Savage MkII FV-SR
    CZ 455 Varmint Tacticool Suppressor ready
    Ruger American Rimfire bolt gun

I may also look at a 15-22 down the line because I just built my first AR and love shooting it and now realize how much I'd love shooting an AR for the cost of .22 instead of .223. And having it super light and fun to plink with.

thanks again guys!

Just wish my dealer would call me back with the approved paperwork so I can do this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom