• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    M&T notarized & provided witnesses. I'd look for a new bank since they obviously don't want the business.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I went to my Capital One Bank branch in Germantown last Friday and they told me that they would not notarize my trust since it was a legal document and they do not notarize legal documents. The lady did not even see the trust since it was in an envelope so she had no way of knowing that it was an NFA Trust. I then went to the local UPS store but because the trust requires two witnesses, the guy told me that I would have to bring two witnesses with me since his employees were not allowed to be my witnesses.

What has been the experience at banks? Do they provide the notary service and the two witnesses, or do we need to take two people with us to the bank to act as witnesses?

Cal68

WTF?!

They do not notarized legal documents???????

WHAT other types of documents NEED notarizing????????

M&T notarized and supplied witnesses.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    We used the Bank we use for her business
    We have a personal account in that bank plus another. The personal bank had no issues with notarizing my designated collector app and CMP documents.
    Ask to see the manager or a non liberal and tell them you will take your business elsewhere

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I took all the advice you guys gave me since my last posting and went to a BofA branch at which I also have an account. They notarized the Trust without any problems and did not even charge me any money for doing it. I called them before I went and when I told them that I also needed two witnesses, they said that they had plenty of bank employees who could be witnesses. What a change from the attitude at my local Capital One Bank branch. Thanks for telling me that other banks would happily notarize the document for me. I was thinking of dragging two of my friends to a UPS store at lunch time one day but going to the bank was so much simpler. Thanks guys.

Cal68

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    PNC Notary had no problem, a couple years ago, said "oh, I've seen these before" and admitted there has been several recently?? This, I think was in 2013 as you can see I am a proud 13'er.

Congrats Cal

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Most banks do not charge for notary fees. It is not worth the trouble. State law limits the fee to something like $3 or $5.

When I had my notary back in the 90s, the max fee was a whopping $1. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom