• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    Compadres – I offer up this challenge for the hive mind: what would be the best can to use for a 10.5” Noveske upper chambered in .300BLK?

I know: “Search is your friend.” I’ve searched and marked and gone back and forth through numerous previous threads on the topic. In many cases this has been helpful, and I’ve learned a great deal. But I’ve also been confused more than once, so I thought I would stipulate some concrete context and invite specific comments. If you still think this is too much a re-hash, I understand that POV, and invite you to feel free to ignore. But if your experience leads you to believe you can make a concrete, positive suggestion, I’d appreciate it.

For my purposes, the quieter the better. I am not hugely concerned about weight. Cost is not irrelevant, but I am of the “buy once, cry once” school of thought. I do have the 51T 3-pronged flash suppressor/mounts for the Noveske/SDN 762 assemblage in hand, though, and would prefer not to have to buy new adapters, if possible… both for cost and KISS reasons… I’d also like to be able to use the same can (with appropriate adapters, as necessary) on a 14” 5.56 upper as well.

I figured there is more relevant experience and expertise in our community hive mind than I would be able to acquire in a lifetime. I invite it therefore to school me on the parameters I should use to discern amongst the related offerings listed here, and others as appropriate.

I started down this path some time ago, and initially thought I should go with the AAC SDN 762 http://www.advanced-armament.com/762-SDN-6_p_433.html

I was briefly distracted by http://osssuppressors.com/suppressors/7-62/over-the-barrel/ and to a lesser extent https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/silencerco-specwar-762-one-versatile-rifle-suppressor/ and the SAKER 762. After expanding my consideration to these three I was sufficiently confused that I set things aside for about a year.

When I recently re-engaged with the Q, I found the SIG SAUER SRD762TI QD to be very interesting, as also RUGGED SUPPRESSORS SURGE 7.62. So I now have at least a half dozen candidates and I am finding it very difficult to choose among them candidates (and I suspect there are others worth consideration as well).

I look forward to your advice.

THANKS! and Happy New Year!!

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    The AAC 762 can is the most popular...I went with a thunderbeast CB9. I'm happy for sure.

qorban88

Jan 11, 2015
    I prefer Silencerco suppressors. Omega is one of the quietest, even for its small size and light weight, but the Saker will allow you to buy a module to fit your AAC mounts. Both will work nicely on your 5.56 also.

F8L_Funnel

Jan 28, 2013
    I use the AAC 762 SD. I run .308, 300 blk and 5.56 with it. With Sub-sonic no ear protection needed. It is scary quiet( depending on the brand). That being said the fact that is is a screw on does have me checking for loosening, something I wouldn't need to do with a QD mount. I think that is just me being paranoid because I had that problem 1 time, which was all likelihood operator error.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I've got a YHM Phantom LTA 7.62 in jail right now. Still have a few months to go, it seems. It got real good reviews and the price was right for me. QD brakes for those are as low as $65 as opposed to $150 for my Surefire

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I use the AAC 762 SD. I run .308, 300 blk and 5.56 with it. With Sub-sonic no ear protection needed. It is scary quiet( depending on the brand). That being said the fact that is is a screw on does have me checking for loosening, something I wouldn't need to do with a QD mount. I think that is just me being paranoid because I had that problem 1 time, which was all likelihood operator error.

Did you use the Rockset that comes with it on your mount? I haven't had a problem and love the can. Easy to QD IMO.

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    If the quietest is your goal I'm pretty sure the specwar is the quietest can on the market still.
    Do you have any suppressors now? If not instead of spending a ton thinking just 1 will do, find something middle of the road because you'll want 1 for everything after that. I have the saker, a buddy has the yhm Phantom. You know what the difference is? He spent a whole lot less, and has a better and cheaper mount imo. Sound reduction is almost negligible, I honestly cannot tell the difference. He was able to buy 2 for what I paid for my saker basically.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

The 762 SD is a QD mount.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    ThunderBeast here.

Good sound suppression, and as I use them on long range rifles also, there is no POI shift between suppressed and not.

CB9 and CB5 to mix and match.

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    I have a Specwar in 5.56. It is heavier than the omega but also a bit cheaper. You'd be limited to flash hider mounts, but these are excellent mounts. On a short barrel it balances pretty well. On a longer barrel the weight it more noticeable.

I don't have any .30 cal suppressor info for you. I would say I am happy with the Specwar though even if I had to do it again.

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    Surefire has 2 suppressors just released specifically for 300Blk. They have tested well. 300 SPS is qd and Genesis is direct thread.

SiCo Omega is tough to beat as well.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011

This. If you already have AAC mounts, don't care about weight, and want max suppression, the 762 SD is what you want. Edit: If you're ok with changing mounts, the Specwar 7.62 would be a good choice, as would the Sandman L and Rugged Surge.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    My go to for suppressors are:

Duffy's - Sparks
    Engage - Kensington/Rockville
    2A - Jessup

I will NOT deal with Freestate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics