• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Or law enforcement of similar belief ?

Police Officer Asks Colleagues: 'What Are You Gonna' Do?' If Obama Issues Unlawful Gun Order

"Are you going to obey or are you going to do the right thing? Are you going to remember your oath? Are you going to say, "Sir, I'm sorry, but I cannot do that order because it's an unlawful order and I will not obey that order.

"I hope so, because that time could be coming soon."

Comments ???

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    No comment. But all my Co workers share the same sentiment.

Sent from my phone from somewhere in the world.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    See my sig line. As a retired officer, I'm subject to recall for any contingency, esp national emergency or war

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    the oath I took when I joined the military is one i still live by today. I will take up arms against a tyrannical gov't and invading foreign power. I will never obey an "illegal" order. I will give my life defending the country and the ideals of the Constitution I swore to protect and my family.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    the oath I took when I joined the military is one i still live by today. I will take up arms against a tyrannical gov't and invading foreign power. I will never obey an "illegal" order. I will give my life defending the country and the ideals of the Constitution I swore to protect and my family.

+1

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    It's always refreshing to know there are people who (actually) "SERVE" the population aren't trying to rob or manipulate the people.

Why is it that those "non-politicians" are worried about the consequences of protecting the rights of people, and the politicians can openly lie (on video) and not worry about a thing?

Why do politicians make 4x more than those who put their lives on the line?

I'm tired of this nonsense.

NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    GRRN Supporter

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    I've been in gov't service for 31 years. I cannot imagine how disobeying an illegal, immoral, or unethical order would damage a career.

What he's probably referring to is the fact that police don't fully get to use 1st amendment rights, when it comes to their jobs. Refusing an unlawful order is one thing. Speech that poorly represents the department or interferes with the efficient operation of the department generally is not protected.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    What he's probably referring to is the fact that police don't fully get to use 1st amendment rights, when it comes to their jobs. Refusing an unlawful order is one thing. Speech that poorly represents the department or interferes with the efficient operation of the department generally is not protected.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

This is exactly what I was referring to.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Unfortunately, too many folks take that oath just to get a job. Often the oath is just some words said as a job requirement. Just look at most politicians.........:sad20:

I've often felt that there are many ways to uphold my oath besides the obvious and attention-getting. I like to work behind the scenes and keep a low-profile; results tend to be better and more effective.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

Attachments

• Oathkeepers.JPG
      Oathkeepers.JPG
      129.8 KB · Views: 1,500

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Anyone care to speculate ?

Obama Tailoring Military Leadership to Only Those Who Will Shoot Fellow Americans

This was previously dismissed as the ravings of a crackpot, but ...

Dr. Jim Garrow is not known for being a wild crackpot or part of the political fringe, so when he recently made the following post on his Facebook page, it got the attention of a number people:

When I wrote these things, I said the only two things that could prevent him from succeeding is the military because I seriously doubted that they would fire on fellow Americans and the 300 million guns in the hands of private citizens. But it seems that Obama is actively working towards eliminating both of these last remaining obstacles and when they are gone, mark my word, all hell will break lose and America will be lost.

To those 'in the know', does it seem like our allegiance and pledge to The Constitution is being challenged in the way Garrow described ?

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I've never been on the LEO side, but I was Army for a combined 15 years active and reserve. There is an obvious mix, both those that respect the COTUS and those that just want a pay check and college money. Luckily, the slugs are just that and once it comes down to a fight many of them will bolt and not do anything.

I'm placing a lot of faith on the spec ops community to be on our side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom