• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    I only hope that if there comes a day when one of you does something wrong and stupid, that you are given just as much of a second chance as she has been given.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't really work that way when you actually have to regret years later...to much time to revolve around the consequences... Would you say that for Clinton, would say that for Obama, Rodman, for that matter any Politician, Actor, Criminal... She openly disgraced our Nation as a Traitor...you can't just say your sorry for that...NIMB

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    I did lots of stupid stuff when I was young.

One thing I did NOT do was travel to a nation we were fighting and hang out with the enemy and talk smack about my nation while there.

Yes, there are 2 sides to the story and lots of internet BS about it, I get that.

Did she travel to a nation we were fighting and provide photo ops for the enemy? Yes or no? Did she talk smack about the US while there providing propaganda for our enemy? Yes or no?

Per Snopes;
    In July 1972, during the waning days of U.S. military involvement in Vietnam, actress Jane Fonda incurred the enmity of untold thousands of Vietnam veterans and their families (as well as service members for generations to come) when she arrived in Hanoi, North Vietnam, and began a two-week tour of the country. Fonda visited North Vietnamese villages, hospitals, schools, and factories damaged in the war, weaving her comments about what she observed at those sites with denunciations of U.S. military policy in recordings broadcast as propaganda to U.S. servicemen via Radio Hanoi;
    met with international visitors and reporters who were also in North Vietnam; spent about an hour chatting with seven U.S. POWs at a meeting arranged by her North Vietnamese guides; and posed for photographs at an antiaircraft emplacement set up in a rural area just outside Hanoi.
    Read more at http://www.snopes.com/military/fonda.asp#EdFX2ZTP8Ytk1vJ8.99

At to the apologies, per Snopes first one was '88 for $$ reasons;
    In 1988, sixteen years after the fact, Fonda finally met with Vietnam veterans to apologize for her actions. This nationally televised apology (during which she characterized her actions as "thoughtless and careless") came at a time when New England vets were successfully disrupting a film project she was working on, leading some to read a huge dollop of self-interest into her apology.

Fonda also apologized in 2005, an act which once again coincided with the release of a film in which she had a starring role (Monster-in-Law, her first leading role since 1990's Stanley & Iris) and a book tour to promote her autobiography. As she had several years earlier, though, Fonda specifically apologized for the act of posing for photographs while seated at a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun but not for her other activities in North Vietnam:
    Read more at http://www.snopes.com/military/fonda.asp#EdFX2ZTP8Ytk1vJ8.99

IMHO, when she returned from Vietnam, she should have been tried as a traitor, or at least had her citizenship revoked. I used to like Ted Turner as I was an America's cup fan. But then he married that bitch.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Flying Dog Brewery is listed as a sponsor. Wonder if that is for the venue and they have no clue about who is coming or are they really that left wing and nuts?

They're only serving Raging Bitch that night. Fonda's face will be on the bottles and cups. :D

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    I remember when Jane Fonda did this. Fvck her...if I'm around when she croaks I'll get in line to piss on her grave.

In 1972 6 of my cousins had already served a tour in Vietnam. Several of them wounded, one still mentally wounded. My Dads friend from work....his boy came home in a box. A few of the other neighborhood guys came home the same way. I was still in high school, but enlisted 2 years later as soon as I was old enough.
    One of my cousins who I was closest to, he lived across the street, did his tour in '68 as a Force Recon Marine. He was highly decorated and came home a hero, like all who served over there, to us anyway. When we picked him up at Dulles Airport he was spit at and had human feces thrown at him from the "peace loving anti-war flower children"...like Jane Fonda. This is the mentality she was supporting, not only schmoozing with our enemy, but a big F you to every person that served.

In 1970 when I got out, we had to change out of our Uniforms in the men's room before walking through the airport. Thankfully our troops are being treated better today.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I'm glad to see that everybody (with exception of one) has the same general attitude/feelings towards that no good commie libtard piece of shit Jane cvnt Fonda bitch as I do.

From what I can tell, it appears as those that agree with me are mostly in their fifties or older, of which having seen and had some sort of reasonable comprehension/understanding of what she really did and her much later (decades) lackluster partial apologies. I have by far more respect for the VC and North Vietnam forces' individuals than I do for that no good bitch Fonda cvnt, as the NV Forces and VC were just following orders as our forces were their orders.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I'm glad to see that everybody (with exception of one) has the same general attitude/feelings towards that no good commie libtard piece of shit Jane cvnt Fonda bitch as I do.

Let's toss in John F'ing Kerry while we're at it. He's as big a POS from the same time period.

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    What she did was treason, not a stupid mistake. She should have been prosecuted for treason and shot. She most likely caused harsher penalties on the military prisoners, especially the one who mistook Hanoi Jane for an American and slipped her a piece of paper with the names of some of the prisoners. She promptly handed them over to the North Vietnamese.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    So much hatred for something she did where she admitted that she was wrong to do what she did. She was young, impressionable, and did some stupid stuff. Has anyone else here ever done stupid stuff when they were young, dumb and impressionable?

I've done a good bit of reading about this, and I don't know why so many still harbor such hatred for something she has repeatedly apologized for that she did in 1972. 1972 for Christ's sake - that was 42 years ago when I was 2 years old. On top of that, much of what a lot of Jane Fonda haters say she did is little more than propaganda, and isn't true at all. (for anyone who would say otherwise, I encourage you to do some independent research on the subject.)

In the words of Elsa from the movie "Frozen" - let it gooooo, let it goooooo.....

Comon trick, tell us your story. Remember to finish it with ...

I needed the money. :D

Last edited:

skipjack

Nov 14, 2014
    I remember seeing a 60 minutes-type show in the late 70's/early80's about this, and the thing I remember being said was that she brought along blood to give to the north. Blod donated by campus bedwetters and the like.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    In 1970 when I got out, we had to change out of our Uniforms in the men's room before walking through the airport. Thankfully our troops are being treated better today.

My brother-in-law is a number of years older than I am. I was in high school when the Vietnam war ended. Like many and most that I came to know in later years, he doesn't talk much about his service in the war. But he once told me about this same exact experience that you've mentioned as well.

It is hard for me to imagine a sicker or sadder experience than to be a soldier, and arrive home after having put your life on the line in serving your country's call, and then come back home to something like what I've heard described.

I wasn't there, so I can't know what many know in the same ways as others who were there. But what I can do is Thank You for your service!

May God Bless each and every last one of you who have answered the call to serve this country that you and the rest of us call home!

ThunderStick

May 12, 2013
    Garrett County
    I was stationed in Southeast Asia when Hanoi Jane did her thing. When I got word of it, I began writing her name on the bombs we loaded on the F-4 Phantoms, along with a few phrases that was appropriate for her acts of treason.

She should have been charged and tried upon return to the US.

'Nuff sed!!
    :tdown:

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Hanoi Jane... I recall. But barely..

If I had paid or known directly those who paid for her youthful indiscretions "piss on her grave" would not cover it.

For me it would be a bit easier...but I still can't get past it.

What actions has she taken to earn any such clemency?

I know of none.. and to this day her youthful spawn of misguided idiots follows the example she claims to renounce.

Sorry its not working for me.

And until I see real action to make amends and deal with the aforementioned spawn... there is nothing to discuss.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    What she did was treason, not a stupid mistake. She should have been prosecuted for treason and shot. She most likely caused harsher penalties on the military prisoners, especially the one who mistook Hanoi Jane for an American and slipped her a piece of paper with the names of some of the prisoners. She promptly handed them over to the North Vietnamese.

Damned, I had forgot about that ^^^ particular incident. No good fukkin kvnt.:mad54:

I remember seeing a 60 minutes-type show in the late 70's/early80's about this, and the thing I remember being said was that she brought along blood to give to the north. Blod donated by campus bedwetters and the like.

I didn't know 'bout that ^^^ one.

Comon trick, tell us your story. Remember to finish it with ...

I needed the money. :D

Traveler, I think trick has realized by now that he's opened a GREAT BIG FUKKIN' CAN O' WORMS here and has stepped on'na' lotta' dicks in a VERY BIG WAY, alot more than he probably could have ever imagined. I personally think he thought this subject wouldn't be anywhere near as volatile as it turned out to be. He's entitled to his opinion based on his (limited) exposure and knowledge of the subject. I'm almost certain he peeps in here to read what others have to say and feel about this subject, most of us which have been old enough to understand and around when J. CVNT Fonda did her treason shit. I can and do forgive trick for his futile attempts to downplay the subject of what "The Cvnt Bitch" did, but in NO WAY will I ever forgive her for what she did. Hopefully trick will be back in here and get a better insight of her and her actions than what he's seen and heard from the libtard's slighted views that he's been checking. Let's be nice to him and have civil discussion, only directing our angst towards that COMMIE FUKKIN' J. CVNT Fonda LIBTARD BITCH.

I was stationed in Southeast Asia when Hanoi Jane did her thing. When I got word of it, I began writing her name on the bombs we loaded on the F-4 Phantoms, along with a few phrases that was appropriate for her acts of treason.

She should have been charged and tried upon return to the US.

'Nuff sed!!
    :tdown:

I guess you were stationed in Thailand???

Feb 28, 2013

From what I can tell, it appears as those that agree with me are mostly in their fifties or older, of which having seen and had some sort of reasonable comprehension/understanding of what she really did and her much later (decades) lackluster partial apologies. I have by far more respect for the VC and North Vietnam forces' individuals than I do for that no good bitch Fonda cvnt, as the NV Forces and VC were just following orders as our forces were their orders.

I'll agree that age and wisdom have their graces, but I would also add that one doesn't necessarily be of a senior generation to appreciate that.:thumbsup:

....Or, for that matter, to detest traitorous communist sympathizing vermin.:tdown:

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    So much hatred for something she did where she admitted that she was wrong to do what she did. She was young, impressionable, and did some stupid stuff. Has anyone else here ever done stupid stuff when they were young, dumb and impressionable?

I've done a good bit of reading about this, and I don't know why so many still harbor such hatred for something she has repeatedly apologized for that she did in 1972. 1972 for Christ's sake - that was 42 years ago when I was 2 years old. On top of that, much of what a lot of Jane Fonda haters say she did is little more than propaganda, and isn't true at all. (for anyone who would say otherwise, I encourage you to do some independent research on the subject.)

In the words of Elsa from the movie "Frozen" - let it gooooo, let it goooooo.....

While you were 2 years old I was serving in the armed forces of this great country.

Although you have done a good bit of reading I experienced the events in question and everything that has transpired since.

I am owed more than a self serving so called "apology" and I do not accept hers.

To this day I will not watch anything she appears in.

Perhaps you should do some reading about what Bob Hope and the entertainers who accompanied him did for the troops for a better view of what a good role model is.

IMHO Hanoi Jane is a traitor and deserves a traitors fate.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    At the Naval Academy, they used to end the night with a plebe saying, "Good night Jane Fonda", and the everyone would respond, "Goodnight BITCH." Apparently they cracked down on the practice.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.

In the words of Elsa from the movie "Frozen" - let it gooooo, let it goooooo....

Sure, as soon as her apologist stick it up their asses. The crunt was 35, HARDLY a kid, I was 21 and THERE when I saw the Time cover, the leftist were the most demoralizing thing to take place in the war.

Her ilk and shit eaten turds that think it should be 'let go" are the reason Id LIKE to see a draft, yes even YOU could see someone die and do YOUR fair share, until that time you haven't earned shit. :mad54: Even more of a reason a 2 year old at the time should STFU and listen because you have a LOT to learn boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom