• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Sgt Preston here...

The last that I heard was that Bud's Gun Shop would NOT sell or ship to anyone who lives m Merryland..?

You might want to check that out with Bud's...

Also make sure that it comes with a "certified fired brass bullet case" & that the pistol is listed on the Merryland State Police list of approved firearms...

Hope this is helpful...

jmcgonig

Jan 18, 2012
    Germantown, MD

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Sgt Preston here...

The last that I heard was that Bud's Gun Shop would NOT sell or ship to anyone who lives m Merryland..?

Also make sure that it comes with a "certified fired brass bullet case" & that the pistol is listed on the Merryland State Police list of approved firearms...

Hope this is helpful...

I was just using Bud's website for the photo and specs, but good advice...

Thanks.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Sgt Preston here...

Since when? We went through that a few years ago with them. I do know a FFL who will not transfer any guns from Bud's, but that is their choice.

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    Buds ships here. I have a regular xd .40 compact and i love it. I am not fond of the xmd's grip type but they are great guns.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I would just buy one locally. By the time you pick one out on Bud's, wait for it to be shipped to a local FFL, go in and fill out the paperwork, wait for the paperwork to come back and pay the transfer fee you'll probably have as much time and $$$ into it as if you just bought one off the shelf. This is assuming that the gun they ship is MD compliant with a casing; if it isn't that opens a whole other set of issues, especially if your FFL doesn't do shell casings in house.

XDMs are everywhere, it should be easy to find one at a local shop.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Im sorry I used that hyperlink.
    Again, I only did so to show a pic
    I did not in any way intend to endorse or purchase from that seller.
    Please do contribute your advice and council, but dont go off on a tangent about that seller like an ex girlfriend who cant ever let something go.
    TIA

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    That link you now regret posting shows a 3.8" barreled gun. Are you looking at a compact gun or any SA XD model? SA has another version, the XDm, which is slightly different. I forget all of the differences, but I think you should check the local ranges that rent handguns and try both of them out. Also try the S&W M&P.

As for one person shooting one gun better than another, it happens. Your eyes may have preferred the sights on the SA over the Glock sights.

What type of class are you taking?

brianong18

Nobody
    Jul 11, 2011
    Pasadena, MD
    I did not in any way intend to endorse or purchase from that seller.
    A

Good because you can find better deals than that online. My new Xdm was cheaper than that even after FFL fee.

I like my Xdm 40 4.5 for the most part. No issues functionally. Not fond of the grips though. $10 Hogue grips fixed that issue.

Grrrr

Nov 10, 2011
    waldorf md
    I would just buy one locally. By the time you pick one out on Bud's, wait for it to be shipped to a local FFL, go in and fill out the paperwork, wait for the paperwork to come back and pay the transfer fee you'll probably have as much time and $$$ into it as if you just bought one off the shelf. This is assuming that the gun they ship is MD compliant with a casing; if it isn't that opens a whole other set of issues, especially if your FFL doesn't do shell casings in house.

XDMs are everywhere, it should be easy to find one at a local shop.

I used to think like that. The last 6 firearms i have purchased have been from online dealers. Many offer free shipping and i pay a total of $40 in transfers for regulated and $20 non regulated. Order online, wait for ffl to receive it, fill out paperwk, wait for paperwork to come back, go get gun. It takes less effort to buy online and the same ammount of trips to the ffl. I will accept waiting an extra week or so to save $50-100 or more on a gun i want.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Got my XDm 9mm 4.5" from Dan at Gun Connection and have seen them at many Industry Partners. I highly recommend the gun. I've put about 4500 rounds through it with fewer than 5 failures to feed or fire and only twice did the slide not stay back after firing the last round, but that was because my thumb was on the slide release.

BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    Sgt Preston here...

Hope this is helpful...

Not true, I just bought a Mossberg 500a and Henry H001T from them and they shipped to the FFL I used (Glade Valley sporting goods). I just emailed Buds this week asking about the availability of a fired shell casing for a certain pistol and they said while they didn't have it, they would ship the gun to an FFL who could generate a shell casing for me. It's another hassle to be sure, but I blame Maryland gun laws, not Buds...got nothing bad to say about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom