• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Thanks for the offer. I'm trying to decide if I want one for a 17 or 19...I'm leaning towards 19 since I think it will have a better shot at working properly with less slide weight.

I've got the 19 conversion if you want to borrow it to test it. I've only shot about 50 rounds through it. Still finicky with the ammo, but it should smooth out after a while. You can help with the break in period:D

Q

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I've got the 19 conversion if you want to borrow it to test it. I've only shot about 50 rounds through it. Still finicky with the ammo, but it should smooth out after a while. You can help with the break in period:D

Q

Thanks!

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Thanks for the offer. I'm trying to decide if I want one for a 17 or 19...I'm leaning towards 19 since I think it will have a better shot at working properly with less slide weight.

You can find complete lowers for $100 if you want a dedicated 22Lr configuration.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    I've been trying to pick up a used AA kit for a while.

Good luck, I found a new one for $269, now oos. They have some on ebay, but they are hit or miss on the right model. The conversion kits hold their value somewhat.

Q

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    For those of you that live in Maryland, that could be a good option for getting a .22 pistol without having to get an HQL, assuming you already own the Glock.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Update

I have an Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit for my Glock 19. I use it as a student trainer when I teach NRA Basic Pistol. It's been great! I recently switched to a dry lubricant, and it's even more reliable than I expected. I shoot the bucket o bullets from Wal Mart (Golden Bullets) through it... and last class I had zero malfunctions. When I was running traditional wet lube... I found I had to re-lube it periodically or it would gum up a bit and have feeding/ejection issues.

Anyway... its been a great purchase for me.
    Finally got my AA kit and tried it out....works awesome with the Rem Golden bullets! I only put about 30 rounds through it, but 20 of these were flawless. 5 Winchester Power Points failed 80% of the time, and 6 Rem Thunderbolts failed 50% of the time. The instructions did say not to use ANY Winchester or Federal ammo through it, and that the Golden bullets do well, and Thunderbolts do Ok. I figure with some more use it will loosen up some more.

It was tight when I first installed it (Poly 80), so I worked the action about 50 times with some lapping compound, and it freed up pretty nicely. Cleaned it up, oiled it up, and let 'er rip. Very pleased so far.

I ended up going with the 19 because I figured the smaller slide would be easier for the .22 ammo to cycle it properly. I'm happy with this decision, but now I'll need another 19 for another caliber :innocent0

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Finally got my AA kit and tried it out....works awesome with the Rem Golden bullets! I only put about 30 rounds through it, but 20 of these were flawless. 5 Winchester Power Points failed 80% of the time, and 6 Rem Thunderbolts failed 50% of the time. The instructions did say not to use ANY Winchester or Federal ammo through it, and that the Golden bullets do well, and Thunderbolts do Ok. I figure with some more use it will loosen up some more.

It was tight when I first installed it (Poly 80), so I worked the action about 50 times with some lapping compound, and it freed up pretty nicely. Cleaned it up, oiled it up, and let 'er rip. Very pleased so far.

I ended up going with the 19 because I figured the smaller slide would be easier for the .22 ammo to cycle it properly. I'm happy with this decision, but now I'll need another 19 for another caliber :innocent0

I lube mine with EWL Slip 2000. Around the 2,000 round mark it started functioning 90-95%(some mags 100%) with Federal and Winchester bulk ammo. Mine has about 4,000 rounds through it now and is probably in the 98% range with any high velocity ammo and has been 100% with Golden bullets and CCI mini mags.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Pic for pleasure

Attachments

• 20191219_144319.jpg
      20191219_144319.jpg
      117.3 KB · Views: 143

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I lube mine with EWL Slip 2000. Around the 2,000 round mark it started functioning 90-95%(some mags 100%) with Federal and Winchester bulk ammo. Mine has about 4,000 rounds through it now and is probably in the 98% range with any high velocity ammo and has been 100% with Golden bullets and CCI mini mags.

Good to know I’ve been thinking of getting a 22lr conversion slide for my 17. Either build a dedicated 22lr on my 80% or for swapping on my serialized 17. Probably the former. But I want one threaded. Maybe the bit of extra back pressure would make it more reliable.

Any idea if these conversions have OE style guide rods? If they do, could be an option to get a lower strength spring to out on to try to cycle subs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom