• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Just an observation this thread really has swung in many ways . I love crabs and seafood any type .

Are we really going to blame me for getting this thread derailed? It cannot always be my fault. Who knows, maybe I am the one that brought up crabs, getting together in White Marsh, The Essen Room, etc. Could have sworn somebody else brought that stuff up. Of course, I am all over it after having driven to LaPlata for pork sandwiches.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    That allergy would suck. My wife just told me the other day that epi-pens are going to become more expensive, as if they weren't already expensive enough. Hard to believe that they cannot meet the demand for these things.

Meh, it’s an easy allergy for me to control. Just don’t eat shellfish or seafood (which, due to ingredients, includes Caesar dressing and Worcestershire sauce). And stay away from steam and vapors. But I do love fishing and use shrimp when surf casting. I guess the fishies know they are all going back into the water? It does suck to be a native Marylandistaner who can’t eat crabs. Used to be able to but the allergy presented itself in my teens. My mother now has the same allergy and that didn’t have to her until she was around 50. So weird how those things work

And they can meet the demand for epi-pens. They started jacking the price up a few years ago because they could and now it looks like it is going to happen again. I have been so blessed to work for a company that has an amazing health-care plan so I pay nothing out of pocket for anything prescribed.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    My (NJ native) wife likes crab cakes, but says Marylanders only enjoy picking crabs because "That's what the cool kids do". MIA member iHasCrabs said something very similar.
    I like picking crabs and drinking beer as a social event- understanding I'm likely burning more calories picking them than I'm taking in.
    I have some Lower Eastern Shore watermen friends. If we wait until after Labor Day, I can get a really good deal on fat Chesapeake Bay crabs for a MDS crab feast. I'm talking ~$100 bushels of #1 Jimmies.

Brother always looking for a hookup on decently priced crabs :innocent0

:)

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    No crab feast can be complete without...

288qnh0.jpg

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I'm not a fan of Old Bay either. JO Seasoning FTW and the best tasting steamed crabs possible. Use it on king and snow crab legs too.

You know, once upon a time, I could buy a dozen crabs and enjoy them. Then, a couple years ago I bought a dozen, my oldest asked for a little, my second oldest asked for a little, and then they wanted me to teach them how to pick them. I might have gotten 6 out of the 12 that day. Daddy learned though. Next time around, I got 2 dozen.
    For once, I agree with you.
    02fd90e87b30946916c3b13e96ed0c0a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Here we go with the crabs and condiments discussion. Absolutely nothing needed on good steamed crabs. No butter, no vinegar. Maybe a swipe of the seasoning from the shell here and there. :yummy:

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Here we go with the crabs and condiments discussion. Absolutely nothing needed on good steamed crabs. No butter, no vinegar. Maybe a swipe of the seasoning from the shell here and there. :yummy:
    Well, if you're swiping seasoning from the shell that was added during the steaming, isn't that a comment? I steam with JO's and I pour a pile of JO's on the paper to dab the meat in while eating. You are right, NO BUTTER. NO VINEGAR.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    I steam with water and apple cider vinegar. I pour a little old bay on crabs as they go in the steamer. If you get a little old bay in their eyes they become calm and stop trying to climb out as you are adding more crabs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom