• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Thinking of buying a M1 Carbine and the Thompson is with in Budget. I have no knowledge as to there quality, accuracy or over all performance. Maybe somebody on this board does and can give a review of this Product.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    You could either buy one yourself from an online dealer and have it transfered to you by a class 01 FFL holder or ask a dealer to order you one. I think some on this board have said that Walmart will order just about anything you want.

However, I was not impressed by what I found written on line about these carbines when a friend asked about them a few months ago. No one has seemed to be able to build a good commercial carbine in many years apparently.

It seems like it's better to pay the extra couple of hundred for a USGI model.

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    K31 said:
    You could either buy one yourself from an online dealer and have it transfered to you by a class 01 FFL holder or ask a dealer to order you one. I think some on this board have said that Walmart will order just about anything you want.

However, I was not impressed by what I found written on line about these carbines when a friend asked about them a few months ago. No one has seemed to be able to build a good commercial carbine in many years apparently.

It seems like it's better to pay the extra couple of hundred for a USGI model.

There's been major problems with Receivers/Headspacing! A few months back in NRA Publications there was an Ad for a New Version of the AO M1 Carbine. I can't say if they have hit the Market or not, I haven't seen one in any Shops I patronize. If your set on a M1 Carbine and can't wait I too would go the extra $s for a USGI Model. And you will go EXTRA! For a NRA Rated excellent to new look to pay anywhere from $800-$1000! For that kind of money you may want to consider A New AR or a Springfield M1A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom