• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Hi,

I have decided due to the large amount of interest that I will post my details here rather than in individual PMs. All PM requests as of now have been replied to, and the replies are identical to what I have posted below. Please keep them coming, we are gearing up to start face-to-face interviews this month for a January start date (looking for 1-2 people in MD office, and 1-2 in St Louis. Next year we have possibilities for our Texas office as well later in the year.

Without further ado:

Thanks for the interest. As I said in my post, this is an entry level position and the pay rate is commensurate with that.

I believe the starting rate is between 10-12 an hour, but that is also dependent on a person's experience. A person with industrial experience, current TWIC card holder, etc... is obviously more attractive.

We are looking for someone who wants a career, rather than a job.

I encourage you, if you are interested, to keep in mind the following:

1) The hourly wage does not include overtime, and on average you will get probably around 10-20hrs a week on a good paycheck. Some weeks you will get as high as 40+ hours of overtime with travel, and some you will get none. I will say that spring and fall outage seasons are usually very busy. You are guaranteed 40hrs a week, and anything over 8hrs a day is OT. All weekend work (Sat and Sun) is all OT, and you are on the clock when traveling as well.

2) The company pays all travel expenses, as well as a daily per diem rate of $40 cash. If you are careful, you can eat on much less than this and pocket the rest, tax free. You are also not spending out of pocket on food, gas, etc... when on the road so that does increase the value of your paycheck as well.

3) The company provides a cell phone with unlimited minutes/data for free. Current phones we are using are the new Sprint Evo's, so they are very nice and can be used for personal business (as long as you answer it when the company calls).

4) Benefits - we pay full medical/dental/vision coverage for you and your family. Zero out of pocket for this, which I'm sure you know the cost can be considerable. I've been here 10 years and still have full benefits.

5) Equipment - all company uniforms are provided, as well as boots (within reason). You will have no clothes ruined working for us.

6) Advancement - 100% of our Project Managers started out as technicians, and the average length of time to be promoted can vary, but most manage it between 1-3 years.

7) We are hiring for all of our 4 offices, which are in MD, Tampa FL, St Louis MO, and Dallas TX. If you are willing to move, that will be a plus. New offices in the future are planned further west ( we average a new office opening every 2-3 years).

8) People - I will say that our current workforce is the best group of guys I've ever worked for (we don't currently employ any women) and we have a great time on the road. We work hard, we play hard.

9) Retirement - the company matches up to 4% of your salary in a 401k. Bonuses are obviously dependent upon how we did that year, but in 10 years I've only not gotten a Christmas bonus once. Most years we see a mid-year bonus as well if the spring outage season goes well.

10) Vacation - we get 10 paid holidays off per year, plus 2 weeks paid vacation. The more notice the better when taking vacation. If you work a holiday, the first 8 hrs is 2.5 times normal, after that is normal overtime.

The disadvantages:

1) Starting pay for techs - on the face of it it is low, and requires a person to work up to the higher wages. I agree and disagree with this policy, in that I want to attract the higher level people from the start, and I also want a person to be here because they want to be a part of the company and grow with us. We want careerists, not employees.

2) Time away from home - if you have a family, wife, kids, it is tough. You WILL miss things (birthdays, parties, etc...) and it is very hard to plan weekends and social events. On the plus side, at least for me, is that your SO will appreciate you more when you are around

I realize this reply is pretty long, but I wanted to express my belief that this is not just a job, but a career opportunity that is truly limitless.

My cell phone number is 443-220-6685, and my email address is rbloss@americanefficiency.com. Our office number is 410-489-0613. If you call the office, ask for myself (Rich) or Robert Mechem.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, and I hope to hear from you.

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Rich, I emailed you my resume a few days ago. Not sure if you got it or not?

I believe we did, but you can resend it to make sure.

We are doing phone interviews late this week and through next week. At that point I can start scheduling some face to face interviews.

Our new guy in Florida just quit after a week......guess he didn't want to work hard.

So if any applicants are interested in moving that is an option too.

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Starting to conduct in-person interviews with a target start date of January 2, 2013 for the entry level technician position.

If you haven't sent your resume, you can send it to my email address through this site or PM me and I'll answer when I have time.

You can also send it to our HR person at cmechem@americanefficiency.com

Thanks for the interest, hope someone gets hired from here again. The last guy hired here in MD was a MDshooters member.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom