• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    Nothing weird at all about it. It always comes up on their computer. Whether or not the clerk asks or just pushes the yes button without saying a word is another thing. I's like buying an R rated movie. Their computer will always ask them to confirm the buyer is 18 or older. Tobacco products are the same way. Even the Walmarts in other states that sell alcohol. Been this way for years.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    At the Seaford Walmart today:

Attachments

• IMG_0399.JPG
      IMG_0399.JPG
      55.5 KB · Views: 157

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I tell them everything is for a handgun...........................even when they don't ask.

I bought 12ga slugs today. The computer must not have prompted him. I volunteered that it was for a handgun (which it is not). His eyes got kinda big. :D

You should have told him it wa for a street sweeper. If he didn't know what that was, to watch the movie, "The Expendabiles".

If you are not 21 you can not buy handgun ammo. You must be or look under 21.

This ^^^ and below.

This is a Federal law, not MD.

I've never been asked for ID at any WalMart when buying anything.

Granted, I'm obviously older than 21, but I'm no geezer either. When the 18/21 question pops up, they just hit the button and move along.

You're about my age. Those youngsters in their twenties that haven't shed all their baby teeth yet see you as an "Old Geezer". Accept it and take it from someone who knows.:lol2: Who ya' tryin' t' fool???:D

At the Seaford Walmart today:

Oh well, there was a pic of a sign here that says it like it is. See previous post.

Last edited:

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    IN MARYLANDASTAN, The state police send kaydet's into gun shops to do ammo stings.
    the will send in guys under 21 to buy .25 auto, 32 auto or .380 if you don't ask them for I d
    or they walk with it.

I had a pretty intense fight with a nice state police officer about this one time, when I pulled the cobray "rifle" out of the back room chambred in .380 auto he almost shit himself.

I've shot 32 ACP through a rifle (with a .308 --> chamber adaptor).

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Two weekends ago. I bought flares (shotgun and regular stick flares) and checked out at the regular register. The question popped up and the cashier just ignored it. The bagger was curios of what it was for. Told her that I use it for lighting cigs while on the boat. She had a wierd look on her face and replied, matches doesnt work? I told her i was joking. She turned red while the cashier and I busted out laughing.

somddude

Has a big Member
    Mar 14, 2010
    Brandywine, Marylandistan
    Two weekends ago. I bought flares (shotgun and regular stick flares) and checked out at the regular register. The question popped up and the cashier just ignored it. The bagger was curios of what it was for. Told her that I use it for lighting cigs while on the boat. She had a wierd look on her face and replied, matches doesnt work? I told her i was joking. She turned red while the cashier and I busted out laughing.

Knowing you, if you didn't have matches or a lighter, you'd at least think of attempting to light one with a flare. :D:D

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I was asked this YEARS ago at the Germantown Wal-Mart. I was buying 9mm and .22 LR. First she asked if I was over 21, and I said yes. Then she asked if it was for a handgun or pistol, and for once I was able to think on my feet and be a smart-ass so I told the clerk it was for an UZI machinegun for which I had a .22 conversion for as well.

She made a face like this: :shocked3:

Then keyed in a random birth date and continued ringing me up. End of story :shrug:

Sirex