Which IP has the cheapest NFA transfers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • carpecervisi

Feb 10, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    Specifically silencers if shops break NFA items out that way.

Ideally looking for a place that does around $50 since I know a few that do it for $100.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Specifically silencers if shops break NFA items out that way.

Ideally looking for a place that does around $50 since I know a few that do it for $100.

I doubt you will find anything under $100 unless its someone without a store front. Actually prices on NFA seem to be going up. Might to ask in the IP section...

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Not an IP but a good guy.
    Try Richard at Frederick Arsenal.
    He used to have Glade Valley Sporting Goods but shut it down after the laws went full retard. He only does class 3 stuff now.

You can find him on the weekends at the Machine Gun Nest working.
    Google for an email or phone number.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Damn. I know this doesn't help but Hansohn Brothers does NFA transfers for $35 (Yes, he's an IP but in VA). Why are NFA transfers so high in MD? Honest question.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Wild guess, but I would bet MD has frossh-pile of hoops and paper work that other states don't have.

I would venture to say that you may be correct. I never got into the NFA game while living in MD so that's why I'm a bit surprised.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Damn. I know this doesn't help but Hansohn Brothers does NFA transfers for $35 (Yes, he's an IP but in VA). Why are NFA transfers so high in MD? Honest question.

The further you get away from the 2nd amendment, the more it costs to exercise your rights. NFA or handguns, it doesn't matter.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011

All transfers in MD are high. It's because Maryland s*cks.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Wild guess, but I would bet MD has frossh-pile of hoops and paper work that other states don't have.

Nope, he really has nothing to do with it. MSP signs all paperwork. Yes they add about the month to the transfer. From what I hear its insurance costs of holding an expensive gun for several months taking up safe space.

Actually MD is much better than most states for NFA. They sign everything. In VA even you can get a local who will not sign and you are SOL except for a Trust.

stringer bell

Aug 20, 2014
    duffys is pretty good if you purchase from them, I picked up a gemtech gmt-300wm from them, they were around they same price as silencer shop, transfer included, not sure what they charge for handling a third party transfer

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    $65 down here in Southern Maryland for Suppressors - $100 for anything else. Basically what everyone said. The price of insurance and holding your items in a safe for a long period of time. :)

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    MD prices are higher because they can charge more and people will pay for it. You have stores in the middle of nowhere MD that are more expensive than gun stores in the middle of Atlanta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom