Who bought the Scorpion Evo SBR Titleii stock?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Starting a new thread so it's searchable.
    One of these has been sold to a Marylander and I'm looking for a review of the product.

Okay, so there are a couple of options - both folding and collapsible. BTW, just for those that may come along after the GB ads above are expired, the guy is Title II Arms and he is located in PA. He was very responsive to my email inquiries, and said they fab all sorts of custom buffer tubes and whatever you might want. That first kit is a little pricey for the folder, but I think both look good.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=518960024
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=518890273

He re measured and it turns out the collapsible one isn't long enough. He will fabricate a custom tube for us Marylanders to get beyond the 29" barrier. It only needs to be an inch longer.
    This is no longer the case. He emailed me that they measure 29 3/8" without the muzzle brake and he just sold one in MD. It's gotta be one of you.

I know you can pin all sorts of stuff to the muzzle (fake cans, adapters and brakes, but I do not want to go that route. People have told me that it's possible using the Hera folding adapter, butt stock X and buffer tube Y, but when I see someone post a pic in another forum and ask them to measure, they are around 27" not 29" so I am skeptical.

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    I just got the Hera SFU yesterday. After installing it and doing some measuring I an confident that 29.25" is easily achievable.

I measured the length of one of my Magpul CTR Stocks with the buffer tube attached (not attached to the scorpion) and my measurements were just over 29.25" tip to tip minus the thread protector.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    It wasn't me, but I am interested as well. My Scorpion is dying to be SBR'd, but I have gotten side tracked. As soon as I am confident on the 29" I'll pull the trigger.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I have had 1 for a few months now . I like it . hoping for a better trigger soon. Oh sorry miss read the post. I thought EVO3 period not a SBR. Sorry !!

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I have had 1 for a few months now . I like it . hoping for a better trigger soon. Oh sorry miss read the post. I thought EVO3 period not a SBR. Sorry !!

If that's as far a this thread mutates, we will be doing good.

HB Industries brought out a spring kit 2 weeks ago for $12 Some people have had problems with the reset and they have already revised it. That and some polishing and people are reporting 5-6#. Two CZ custom shops are working on their own triggers. I expect they will be priced as custom triggers, not entry level Timney's

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    I installed the spring kit and polished the trigger group. The trigger is now under 5 pounds.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    I just got the Hera. After I get my Form 1, I was hoping to try the MFT Minimalist to see if I can get 29 inches. I was thinking the extra length of the SFU might be enough to get it there.

BLS27

May 1, 2015
    Mt. Airy
    Very interested in this! Purchased my EVO today from 2A and have a trust ready.

Has anyone given any thought to modifying the stock, giving it the extra 2.5" needed to the butt pad?

Just spit ball'n

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012

Has anyone given any thought to modifying the stock, giving it the extra 2.5" needed to the butt pad?

Just spit ball'n

The Hera side folding unit will get you to 29inches

PM me if interested in a Hera side folding unit

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD

Just spit ball'n

there is a lengthy thread on this in this section.....

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Somebody posted a shot of the factory stock fully extended. It was a hair over 28" but it had a 3rd party three lug connector so the OAL to the tip of the barrel would be less unless the device as pinned/welded.

Then there is the problem of folding stocks, and flash hiders/suppressors in this state

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    I'm kind of tempted to have a suppressor (8.3") pinned to the barrel so it will measure just over 16". And just get the real scorpion folding stock.

I know that would mean that the gun can't be fully disassembled but I may go that route.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    There is now an AK style aftermarket safety. It's machined aluminum and a bit pricey. I don't know if it actually solves a problem. It does not count toward 922R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom