• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Why not ? Is there some kind of prohibition on them addressing how they enforce the laws ? Or in this case, "enforcement" of non existent laws ?

I figured if anywhere, this would be the type of forum where there could be a discussion of such subjects. Isn't this why this forum even exists ?

Frosh is just itching to make an example out of someone.

Pretty sure no one on here wants to be the test case.

And if folks on here are doing what you propose, no one is going to admit to it.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Why not ? Is there some kind of prohibition on them addressing how they enforce the laws ? Or in this case, "enforcement" of non existent laws ?

I figured if anywhere, this would be the type of forum where there could be a discussion of such subjects. Isn't this why this forum even exists ?

It will end up a pissing contest and the cop will be castrated regardless........trust me.....you're pretty new you'll see it eventually. Not worth it for a cop to actually answer you.

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    No, wasn't considering it. But I guess if one was to do it, having a copy of the ag's opinion folded neatly in their inside coat pocket, where they could easily access it, would be a good thing to carry and pull out QUICKLY if stopped.
    :sarcasm:

Make sure to pull it out quickly and present it with both hands stretched out. That'll show them you're serious.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    It will end up a pissing contest and the cop will be castrated regardless........trust me.....you're pretty new you'll see it eventually. Not worth it for a cop to actually answer you.

That's a real shame !

This has been discussed many times. You have been given plenty of reasons why it's a bad idea, legal or not.

It's your choice

Always amazes me how threads can quickly become a referendum on the OP or another poster. It's not just here. It seems it's impossible anymore to have a discussion without people making it personal.

I'm simply interested in exactly what the law is/isn't and how it's applied in the real world.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Not me.

It's yes, sir and no, sir.

With both hands on the wheel.

And I ask permission to reach for license and registration.

Yep !

All kidding aside....... I drive a 1 ton van with no windows and when I get stopped I roll down my window, stick both hands outside, and lean forward and to the side a bit so they can see me when they're approaching. And when asked for L/R I tell them where it is and pause for a moment to give them a chance to take a look and focus on where I'm reaching in the vehicle.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Yep !

All kidding aside....... I drive a 1 ton van with no windows and when I get stopped I roll down my window, stick both hands outside, and lean forward and to the side a bit so they can see me when they're approaching. And when asked for L/R I tell them where it is and pause for a moment to give them a chance to take a look and focus on where I'm reaching in the vehicle.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a0_1498516561

Just be careful you don't get an edgy cop who just witnessed something terrible. Video is safe for work, no foul language

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    As mentioned, open carry of a long gun is legal per the state except at protests or I think it is within 1 mile of a protest. Cops can tell you to pack it up, AFAIK it is not an "arrest on sight" kind of thing. I believe in the law it says they can tell you to take it home/away. If you don't comply, arrest time.

Open carry of a long gun outside of that context is simply stupid, not illegal. The state doesn't ban municipalities from banning carry in certain areas. Open carrying in state park land is banned everywhere, except if you are traveling through for hunting purposes and the chamber is open and unloaded (obviously if hunting is legal, you can carry in park land for hunting purposes).

Probably carrying on any state or county property is illegal, I'd work with that assumption.

Baltimore city is a no go.

Outside of that stuff, you are maybe okay. I'd still avoid it. If you are hunting, transporting it in your car you are pretty good to go. Walking down the street with a rifle over your shoulder, probably expect to have an officer just happen by to ask you what the F you are doing. Best case they tell you are an idiot and you should probably go home. Worst case they arrest you and you lose a day or two of your freedom and you have to fight to get your gun back from the cops.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As Swinkour first posted , violation of 4-203 is 3yr Misdemeanor, and thereby make you a Prihibited Person.

OP joined in April '17 , and missed all the previous "Vigorous" discussions on LGOC ( Long Gun Open Carry). This is one of those topics where Legal and generally Wise to Actually Do are two very different things .

According to Law and AG Opinion , it is Legal ( except for local ordances predating State Exemption, and prohibited to be loaded in , on, or leaning against a vehicle).

From your screen name, urbanized MoCo is infered. In d such environment, doing so walking down the street will in very short order result in multiple 911 calls for Man With A Gun . Within minutes you will recieve quality face time with LEO(s). At minimum you will have lengthy conversation. Charges for Disorderly Conduct, or even 1St Degree Assault are potentially on the table .

I get it about Right Not Exercised, etc, etc . But in current state of affairs, the initial baby steps would be best undertaken in well planned and disciplined group activity , than lone individual. ( Except in obvious hunting suitable area, and you are dressed d suitably for hunting.)

Unless you are trying to become a test case on purpose, and/ or seeking civil suit payout . in which don't just have your Lawyer on speed dial, ideally have him walking along with you (unarmed).

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    How could you get an assault charge ?

Or is that just one of those things they might charge you with and make you fight it ?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Because assault is not just a physical charge. If you make someone afraid and have the means to harm them, you can be charged with assault. Includes verbal threats as well.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    So... the thing to do to avoid a possible assault charge would be to make yourself look as friendly and non-threatening as possible... I'd suggest a nice tee-shirt like this:

alohasnackbar-mens_tees--black_grande.png

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    How could you get an assault charge ?

Or is that just one of those things they might charge you with and make you fight it ?

They will charge you with some overly vague public nuisance/menace offense.

Little Suzie will be askeert, lose sleep, stop eating, and she'll no longer want to play with her build-a-bear. AKA: Life-Long Trauma.

And you'll be the cause. No guns for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom