• ...and so much more!
  • Maryland DINO movement

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    Great initiative Minuteman. Thanks to talks with you, I too am a DINO. I get to vote in the primaries, unlike when I was an Independent. But I still get to vote as I choose in the General Elections. And being in an all-D district, I get to walk into my Delegates' office wearing my "D" Voter's Registration Card around my neck. Among the greatest DINO benefits, politicians will not fair well when trying to Gerrymander me based on my registration alone.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Is there anyone who can look at a district in central Maryland and can come any conclusions other than:

A. It was done to disenfranchise as many non-D's as possible or,

B. The persons drawing the lines spent several days on peyote.

They used it also to het rid of Connie Morella, a Republican who was strongly supported in MoCo by the government workers it was her practice to assist. The idea of Republican winning in MoCo was intolerable.

Republicans need to step up their game, and try to match the Dems in the corruption sweepstakes. They've fallen way behind in this state.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Great initiative Minuteman. Thanks to talks with you, I too am a DINO. I get to vote in the primaries, unlike when I was an Independent. But I still get to vote as I choose in the General Elections. And being in an all-D district, I get to walk into my Delegates' office wearing my "D" Voter's Registration Card around my neck. Among the greatest DINO benefits, politicians will not fair well when trying to Gerrymander me based on my registration alone.

You have attained Enlightenment. :D

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    More on the lawsuit to address gerrymandering by the Democrats in Maryland:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...24ad94170ab_story.html?utm_term=.d9bc914b9efa

Seven individuals challenging Maryland’s 6th Congressional District as unconstitutional are asking a federal court to overturn the state’s voting map or block officials from using it in the 2018 election.

John Benisek, a resident of Williamsport, and other residents allege that gerrymandering by Maryland Democrats during the 2010-2011 redistricting process violated their First Amendment rights, diminishing the ability of Republicans to elect candidates of their choice for the congressional seat now held by Rep. John Delaney (D).

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I'm sure the DOJ is busy preparing indictments against the Democrats who conspired to deprive others of their civil rights just as would have been done if this was a bunch of Republicans.

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    Wow. And did Miller and Busch keep a straight face when answering? The "best interest of the citizens of the state"?

"But Miller and Busch, in their depositions, said they did not seek to flip the district to the Democratic column. 'I voted for and supported what I would believe was in the best interest of the citizens of the state,' Busch said."

LOL--". . . to retain a lifetime post as an untouchable despot, freeloading off of the hard working people of Maryland" would be the more accurate response.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    This public report sent today from Mark Fisher:

Former Governor O'Malley, Senate President Miller and House Speaker Busch were recently deposed for their role in the state's blatant gerrymandering.

O'Malley said that it was "[his] intent to create ... a district where the people would be more likely to elect a Democrat than a Republican," per the Baltimore Sun.

When asked if he wanted to draw districts that unfairly favored Democrats, Senate President Miller said "No." Miller said he wanted "lines that are drawn fair to everybody."

There is only one problem with Miller's testimony - Governor O'Malley says otherwise.

O'Malley said that is was "certainly [his] hope, and it was part of [his] intent" when asked whether he thought the revised districts would help Democrats.

The former governor also said "state legislative leaders who took part in the redistricting process, including [Busch and Miller] had the same intentions," per the Washington Post.

Despite Governor Hogan's attempt at non-partisan redistricting, progressives in Annapolis repeatedly kill his attempts.

You can read Miller's deposition here, as well as Busch's and O'Malley's.
    https://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/d...f-maryland-senate-president-mike-miller/2459/

https://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/d...on-of-maryland-house-speaker-mike-busch/2460/

https://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/d...former-maryland-governor-martin-omalley/2458/

Senator Oaks Officially Indicted

Earlier this year, Sen. Nathaniel Oaks was charged with accepting cash payments in exchange for using his position to influence a development project.

Last Thursday, Oaks was indicted on nine fraud and bribery counts.

He was paid $5,000 by an undercover FBI agent in a hotel room.

If convicted, Oaks faces up to 20 years in prison. Oaks has previously been convicted for stealing more that $10,000 from his own campaign fund in 1989.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    "Despite Governor Hogan's attempt at non-partisan redistricting, progressives in Annapolis repeatedly kill his attempts."

The way I see it, anything that is NOT what we now have will favor non Dems. So therefore EVERYTHING else is partisan by default.

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    DINO

All,

I followed this last time and was fascinated by the concept. I think a major difference this time is the Governor is trying to break the one party rule and has targeted very specific seats. It is called the drive for five. They are targeting seats held by Sens. John C. Astle and James E. DeGrange Sr., both of Anne Arundel; James Brochin and Katherine A. Klausmeier, of Baltimore County; Ronald N. Young, of Frederick; and James N. Mathias Jr., of Worcester.

Before I go further I must admit in full disclosure I am running for state delegate in D32. I will also benefit from this and I will explain further in this post.

This is important for the Governor as it breaks the veto proof majority if they pick up 5 senate seats OR 7 delegate seats. See the article at the link below for details;

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...37ddb6e813e_story.html?utm_term=.884ddbc7c5f8

Frosh and DeGrange are on this list. DeGrange of course could have left SB281 in chambers but took it to the floor knowing it would pass even while voting against it. Frosh was a big talker.... Astle is going to be very vulnerable as he is facing Ron George who is very popular and a great guy. Astle is so worried he is running for Mayor of Annapolis. This way if he wins he is done facing a real challenger and if he loses he will have increased his name recognition with a lot of people.

These are two who could be focused on. What this means is as the Governor and anyone else focuses on them they will have to spend money that they otherwise could spend elsewhere creating other vulnerabilities. In my D32 race which DeGrange is in he will have his first real challenger in several cycles. AACO Councilman John Grasso is going against him. John has resources we have not previously seen here. This will cause DeGrange to spend money on his race versus given it to the lower seats. I came close last time and have not stopped. We WILL pick up at least two seats in D32 doing our part. That will be two more pro-2A legislators in Annapolis.

This is probably the best time to make this strategy work. You have targets that others are focusing on allowing you to have more impact with your efforts.

Appreciate all of the efforts you guys are making on 2A. This is a long fight and we must persevere. We will over the next 4 years get a conservative SCOTUS that will finally take on 2A.

waltersdistrict32@gmail.com
    waltersfor32.com
    Facebook: Citizens for Tim Walters
    443-848-6291

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Citizens for Tim Walters
    Treasurer: Brittany Kohler

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    That is true but some of us believe in fairness and letting the people speak. We need to fix this and someone has to lead. Might as well be Maryland. Lets set the record straight and care about the people not parties.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Just sent you some info on an IM you sent me some time ago that I never saw. My apologies brother.

All good. :thumbsup:

I just realized something...

If you're EOD... and you're running...

Shouldn't we all try to keep up?!!!!

I see what you did there. :innocent0;)

mil-spec-monkey-eod-running-patch-acu.jpg

-------

Some might ask, what is Navy EOD?

Check this out! : https://www.navy.com/careers/special-operations/eod.html#ft-key-responsibilities

060901-N-9769P-094_CRP-16-9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom