• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    So auto dealers have to close but auto repair shops can be open. Does that mean an auto dealer can keep its’ service center open while its’ showroom is closed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In another section it allows for automobile leasing so not a clear message.

Parts and Service departments are also allowed to stay open as well.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    What is your basis for this being probable?

Probably this:

tin-foil-window-trick-800x800.jpg

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    It's not going to matter soon enough. Hogan is preparing to announce a forced lockdown. Essential personnel only being allowed to travel. You will probably need permission to go to the store and a letter from your doctor to go to appointments. This has been in the planning stage for about a week. He is suppose to hold a press conference tomorrow at 11 AM. Not sure it will be announced then but I wouldn't count it out.

The press conference has been announced. It will be interesting, for sure.

This whole virus thing is analogous to guns, in a way. Because some idiots can’t, or won’t, consider the common good and behave responsibly, the government mandates significant restrictions on everyone’s freedoms.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Did the Gov. say all people coming out of the house will be arrested , if you are going to work ????

He had a list and did he change it ???

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    It will come tomorrow or Tuesday. AACPS is in closed session tomorrow and I expect that the powers that be from all 24 school systems have been closely working out a somewhat unified response in conjunction with MSDE and the Governors office.
    All the HCPSS principals and higher ups have a similar meeting tomorrow. Behind the scenes, they've been rushing to assess how many kids need computers and/or a wifi connection provided for them. They're also trying to figure out how to do online learning and meet iep/504 requirements.

In addition to this, they're developing training for the staff to actually implement online learning. I have my masters in educational technology and was a point of contact when our learning management system, synergy, went online. I did all the training for my school. I made a website with training resources, like narrated screen casts, quick access cards, and even a help forum where they could pose questions and I'd answer them so I could reduce duplication of effort(once answered, others could just read the answer on that question thread).

A bunch of teachers complained because I presented too much and they just wanted the basics to do their job. Then I made training fully online, self-paced, and individualized in modules so they could just get the training they wanted on their own time. The teachers ended up just not doing it and were wildly unprepared for q1 grades. I had a line of teachers at my office answering basic questions that they would've known if they did the training.

I ended up with a middle ground of mandatory meetings to give basic info, online courses for advanced info, and open office hours for 1 on 1 help.

Getting teachers that barely handle email to do online education should be.....interesting

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Some confusion remains as gunshops remain open, with one reporting a cease and desist order

Wednesday morning, nearly all of the parking spaces were filled at one point at a firearms store on Route 13 near New Castle. Customers were allowed in about five at a time.

Tuesday, a ban on non-essential business operations took effect under Governor John Carney's amendment to the COVID-19 State of Emergency. Gun shops would fall under the sporting goods category, which are deemed non-essential.

However, Hague said there is a mix of shops being closed or opened and there is currently some confusion.

One firearms store on Concord Pike was ordered to cease and desist Tuesday night. The DSSA posted on its website that it was considering legal action to reverse the order and to keep other orders from being served.

Hague said while he is not an attorney, he believed that ordering a gun store to shut down could be a violation of provisions of the Delaware Constitution (Article 1, Section 20), as well as not be in compliance with the Second Amendment.

"If somebody wishes to exercise their constitutional right to protect their home, self and family by purchasing a firearm but the governor's office orders gun shops to be non-essential, that prohibits them from exercising that right to protect themselves," Hague said.

"You are your first line of defense in your home."

https://www.wdel.com/news/delaware-...cle_83c213a6-6edc-11ea-a3c9-cff223ad778f.html

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    DE forces Cabela's in Christiana to close.

From an email:

Your Christiana Cabela's is now closed in cooperation with local government officials for the health and safety of our community. We look forward to welcoming you back once we reopen – please stay tuned for updates.

Until then, we invite you to shop for your essential outdoor gear online. We have tens of thousands of products available with free 2-day shipping on orders of $50 or more.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    From SAF Email:

DELAWARE BACKS DOWN, ALLOWS FIREARMS, AMMO SALES :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The State of Delaware has backed away from closing gun shops during the current Coronavirus pandemic crisis, a decision the Second Amendment Foundation says is the right thing to do.

Under the revised language of the state’s emergency order, “Firearms dealers may conduct sales of firearms, ammunition, and other goods directly related to responsible firearm storage and maintenance, by appointment only. No more than two appointments per half hour shall occur, and sellers are limited to operating during normal working hours they operated on prior to the State of Emergency. Any seller who violates such directive may be subject to criminal prosecution or other civil enforcement remedies up to and including arrest or the involuntary closure of the business.”

“This is a great win for Delaware gun owners and the right to keep and bear arms,” said SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb. “After we sued New Jersey, our threatened lawsuit against Delaware, in which we were partnering with our friends at the National Rifle Association and Firearms Policy Coalition played a key role in bringing about this change of heart.”

SAF is currently considering lawsuits against several jurisdictions over gun shop closures that were announced as part of executive orders that do not recognize gun and ammunition dealers and suppliers as “essential businesses.”

“We’re delighted that cooler heads have prevailed in Delaware,” Gottlieb observed. “A considerable amount of hard work went into this, and to be honest, we’d rather not have to file lawsuits against anybody under the present circumstances.

“We can think of no more essential endeavor outside of health care and emergency services during a time of crisis than a business that enables citizens to exercise their fundamental right protected by the Second Amendment,” he concluded.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    So according to the cabelas web site the DE store is still closed. Are they not causing trouble for the guberment or just slow getting the word out about staying open?

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    So according to the cabelas web site the DE store is still closed. Are they not causing trouble for the guberment or just slow getting the word out about staying open?

Not sure. I might be in that area on Tuesday or Wednesday, and will do a drive by to see what is going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom