• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boisepaw

boisepaw
    Jan 5, 2015
    Eastern shore, MD
    Has anyone built an AR-15 style rifle in 9 mm or even in 22lr? Can you get parts kits to help with the process?

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Has anyone built an AR-15 style rifle in 9 mm or even in 22lr? Can you get parts kits to help with the process?

I have a 9MM AR pistol. What do you consider a parts kit? The vast majority of the parts are the same as a basic AR-15 in any other caliber. The only differences are barrel, no gas system, bolt carrier group, heavier buffer, and 9MM lower that takes either Glock, Colt, or HK magazines.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    A great friend on here, although a clown loves his 9mm ar pistol with HK mags. Says the only way to go.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Built a few of both, fairly easy to avoid trouble by sticking to the same brand lower/upper/bolt/barrel for 9mm PCC builds. FM products parts tend to work and are inexpensive. Other brands may have one feature or another that you may like, but might need ejector or LRBHO tweaked. I've had the best luck with an 8oz + buffer with sliding weights and a standard carbine spring, although have had buffers down to 5oz work. Heavier 308 springs, and solid buffers work, but recoil and chambering are harsher. For 22, any 5.56 upper/ lower, but use a CMMG or Right to Bear barrel/bolt kit. Have to use a vise block like the DPMS claw to install the barrel being the barrels don"t have lugs to lock into a reaction rod or Bev block

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    “I've had the best luck with an 8oz + buffer with sliding weights and a standard carbine spring, although have had buffers down to 5oz work...”

Was the tuning effort worth the effort and expense?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    CMMG’s radial delayed blowback system is the best thing going, IMO. Replaces the heavy bolt/buffer/.308 spring with standard weight bolt, carbine spring/H2 buffer. Much less recoil.

Keep an eye on Angstadt Arms roller delayed blowback system, too.

Direct blowback PCCs are so 2010.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    CMMG’s radial delayed blowback system is the best thing going, IMO. Replaces the heavy bolt/buffer/.308 spring with standard weight bolt, carbine spring/H2 buffer. Much less recoil.

Keep an eye on Angstadt Arms roller delayed blowback system, too.

Direct blowback PCCs are so 2010.

THIS. I bought a CMMG barrel/bolt combo and built my own on a standard AR15 lower. Uses Endomags and it runs like a top.
    1ff5fc542d51cb583dd71772db1422d6.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom