• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Scorpion mags. Not what I expected, but does make sense for their market. Wish they had gone with MP5 mags because I have them, though.

dgtaurus

Feb 17, 2011
    Pasadena
    You fellas may want to wait for a while. PSA throws out some serious first generation turds with almost everything they make.

So far everything I’ve seen has looked pretty good. But i hear yah.

Do subsequent generations need to be submitted after the first gen has been ok’d? Am i guessing yes...

Also do you have to be a dealer in order to submit a request?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    So far everything I’ve seen has looked pretty good. But i hear yah.

Do subsequent generations need to be submitted after the first gen has been ok’d? Am i guessing yes...

Also do you have to be a dealer in order to submit a request?

The private groups I'm a member of have reported reliability issues and one that already kaboomed.

I won't work on these variants, no matter who owns them, but I have a good bit of experience working on PSA stuff. Their AR stuff is ok, the rest is terrible IMO.

dgtaurus

Feb 17, 2011
    Pasadena
    The private groups I'm a member of have reported reliability issues and one that already kaboomed.

I won't work on these variants, no matter who owns them, but I have a good bit of experience working on PSA stuff. Their AR stuff is ok, the rest is terrible IMO.

Wooow a Kaboom? Well that sucks

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Did you see the safety selector operation in the video? It's a "thing that goes up", and keeps on going. Almost more decorative than functional. Wonder if all the new models also have this issue, or just the one that Tim at MAC got.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Did you see the safety selector operation in the video? It's a "thing that goes up", and keeps on going. Almost more decorative than functional. Wonder if all the new models also have this issue, or just the one that Tim at MAC got.

They failed to put a stop or machine a protrusion into the top cover. It will need to be redesigned or a stop will have to be drilled and tapped into the cover.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    They failed to put a stop or machine a protrusion into the top cover. It will need to be redesigned or a stop will have to be drilled and tapped into the cover.
    This one is so obvious that I don't know how they can truthfully claim that they field test their new firearm designs before they put them to market, unless they're making a spec gun and then totally failing on implementing the design for commercial production. Tim at MAC said that he was using the red dot on the rail to impede the safety selector from going further up. One would think that they'd make a bit more effort after the PA-10 and KS-47 first release issues. However this new AKV-9 seems to have outdone these past efforts, and not in a good way.

As I've written before, PSA remains an important presence in the US firearm retail market. Their weakpoint is QC. If they could improve (make a real effort to troubleshoot and fix before a product release), they would gain marketshare.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    This one is so obvious that I don't know how they can truthfully claim that they field test their new firearm designs before they put them to market, unless they're making a spec gun and then totally failing on implementing the design for commercial production. Tim at MAC said that he was using the red dot on the rail to impede the safety selector from going further up. One would think that they'd make a bit more effort after the PA-10 and KS-47 first release issues. However this new AKV-9 seems to have outdone these past efforts, and not in a good way.

As I've written before, PSA remains an important presence in the US firearm retail market. Their weakpoint is QC. If they could improve (make a real effort to troubleshoot and fix before a product release), they would gain marketshare.

I have worked on AR's from employees at PSA. Ones that PSA couldn't get running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom