Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Curio and Relic (C&R)
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old November 17th, 2018, 08:48 PM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorros View Post
Trooper, inhave sent 3 pms but i cant tell if they are going thru. Maybe you could let me know.
Sorry for the delay and sent you a reply. Thanks for helping out with the database!
airbornetrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2018, 08:17 AM #12

Can’t you find the receiver date under the tang when u remove the stock?
When i was in to these i bought a rifle that seemed to be more used than some of the not issued or arsenal refurbished rifles with post war stocks just to have. a shooter. Turned out to be a 45 sako with 95%+ blueing and a very good war time stock. A rare rifle, although its been estimated by one writter that only 95k 39s were ever made. How many millions of 91/30s were made?
I kept the descriptions and prices from 11 years ago, and they are fun to revisit. Anyone remember pat clark from long island? She sold her supply to classic. Not togo down memory lane but i remember when classic was a dealer of mod 98s. You bought from written descriptions. The good old days.
Old November 19th, 2018, 02:05 PM #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorros View Post
Canít you find the receiver date under the tang when u remove the stock?
When i was in to these i bought a rifle that seemed to be more used than some of the not issued or arsenal refurbished rifles with post war stocks just to have. a shooter. Turned out to be a 45 sako with 95%+ blueing and a very good war time stock. A rare rifle, although its been estimated by one writter that only 95k 39s were ever made. How many millions of 91/30s were made?
I kept the descriptions and prices from 11 years ago, and they are fun to revisit. Anyone remember pat clark from long island? She sold her supply to classic. Not togo down memory lane but i remember when classic was a dealer of mod 98s. You bought from written descriptions. The good old days.
Yes the receiver date will usually be located under the tang of the receiver. If its early (pre-1894) it won't have it but it will probably have a grease hole located towards the front left of the underside of the receiver. Total production of the M39, counting cut down M91 barrels, is likely right around 100k. Pat Burns is who I think you're referring to. She inherited Bill Burns collection and still sells on Gunbroker (only antiques) under the name of "milstuff". Bill Burns bought out Inter-Ordinance's M39's two decades ago and single-handedly created a niche market for them. Supposedly all the non-antiques were sold to Classic last year, although I had two out of the ten I bought from them turn out to be antiques. Personally I think Burns did some stock swapping and kept the best stocks on antiques for future sale.
airbornetrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2018, 09:33 PM #14

Yes burns. I have her photo on acop yof her driver’s license. I came to the 39s near the right time and i should have bought more. ONe of the coolest is the 28/76 i bought from the tenn seller but i think they got atf busted after. I also like the B with plum barrel.
Old November 19th, 2018, 09:40 PM #15
Village Idiot

Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornetrooper View Post
Yes the receiver date will usually be located under the tang of the receiver. If its early (pre-1894) it won't have it but it will probably have a grease hole locking screw located towards the front left of the underside of the receiver.
Fixed it for ya. No such thing as a grease hole

Antaa tulla vaan!
h2u is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Curio and Relic (C&R)