• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodrow76

May 27, 2011
    Cecil-tucky
    Hello everybody,

I'm looking to get an AR before October 1st and came across a Core15 TAC III rifle that I like. I don't know much about Core rifles or know anyone who owns a Core rifle. I checked out their website and they do offer a lifetime on BS warranty for their rifles. So my question is are they any good or should I look at other manufacturers.

Coretac

Do NOT care what u think
    May 30, 2013
    I bought one, waiting for paper work to come back . They feel really tight are nice . AR are really the same just another name on the parts. The one I bought is a Core Tac 15 M4 direct with a 16 inch barrel . I really went over the rifle and just feels good !

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    You want the .22LR version?

Obvious question - Why not spend less and get the M&P 15-22 instead?

ETA: My bad, see they also offer a larger caliber of the Tac III.

OP, that's a fair amount of change their asking. At the asking price on the site, you could be in a BCM or even a Colt for roughly the same amount. Easy decision there, IMO.

Coretac

Do NOT care what u think
    May 30, 2013
    I would get a Ruger 10/22 , you can tac that out , so much you can buy for them on a 22 .

woodrow76

May 27, 2011
    Cecil-tucky
    The rifle I was looking at is 5.56. Yeah price wise for about 150 dollars more I could go with Colt or Sig (M400). I also haven't ruled out a S&W M&P 15 MOE which are roughly the same price as the Core, but the shops around me don't have any of the M&P 15s.

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    From what I've read,,, core's are mil spec. Which generally means more than civilians will need. I don't think S&W. DMPS, or Windam are. Not sure. I have a Colt in the paper pipe but I understand I pay for the Colt name. I'm having a SOG built that I think will be great. Core is on my "possible" list. I generally ask "mil spec" base line, chrome barrel NATO 5.56 ready and 1/7 twist because I like heavy slugs. And if the gov.bias fears it, so much the better. Though I do not need a grenade launcher or bayonet lug.

I've read Sig uses a different mag set than standard so I stay away from them.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I have a Core 15 but not that version. Mine is an M4. They are tight and I get exceptionally good groups with it. The only thing to look for is the buffer tube. I heard MIL SPEC then got a commercial tube? Not sure about that but otherwise it is a very nice inexpensive rifle. The one think I really like about it? It is very light. Makes my Stag 8 feel like a boat anchor.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy based on my experience.

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    I'm awaiting paperwork at 2A on one of the M4 models with a low profile gas block. I'll post pictures when I get to pick it up and write up a review after I take it to the range.

I have a Colt which I love, but I decided to buy this because I wanted a relatively inexpensive basic carbine as a backup. I also liked the grooves on the mag well front.

As for lightness, it is indeed very light - maybe about 5 and a half pounds.

Hog Sniper

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2008
    I have a few Tac M-4's here now.. Seem to be built well. Spoke with the company on several occasions and the folks seems top notch..

Tons of Guns

MDS Supporter
    Apr 21, 2012
    Silver Spring
    I purchased the M4 Scout Core15 back in May and I am still waiting on my paperwork to come back but does anyone know if the Daniel Defense Omega 7 rail will fit on this to replace the M4 style handguard? Is it a standard length carbine i guess is what I am asking. Thanks.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I purchased the M4 Scout Core15 back in May and I am still waiting on my paperwork to come back but does anyone know if the Daniel Defense Omega 7 rail will fit on this to replace the M4 style handguard? Is it a standard length carbine i guess is what I am asking. Thanks.

Yes, it will fit. Keep in mind that even though it's a two piece design, you will still need to remove the barrel nut and attach the nut that comes with the Omega. If you're open for suggestions, I would suggest a Centurion Arms C4 which is also a 2 piece design however the installation is easier and special tools aren't required. Centurion Rails are just as good and on the same level as DD. You could also probably find one a little cheaper than the Omega as well.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Tons of Guns

MDS Supporter
    Apr 21, 2012
    Silver Spring
    Yes, it will fit. Keep in mind that even though it's a two piece design, you will still need to remove the barrel nut and attach the nut that comes with the Omega. If you're open for suggestions, I would suggest a Centurion Arms C4 which is also a 2 piece design however the installation is easier and special tools aren't required. Centurion Rails are just as good and on the same level as DD. You could also probably find one a little cheaper than the Omega as well.

I am definitely open to suggestions! I had not heard of that one and I didn't know this modification was required for the DD rail. Will the top still butt up to the rail on the upper receiver with the standard M4 Delta Ring installed? Thank you VERY MUCH for your input, I really appreciate it!

Tons of Guns

MDS Supporter
    Apr 21, 2012
    Silver Spring
    I was all set on this Centurion Arms C4 Rail that you suggested. However I was told that it amy not fit as the CORE 15 Barrel Nut is larger than Mil-Spec and the Centurion Arms c4 is made to fit very tight. :(

wiseguy813

Jul 11, 2011
    Lexington Park, MD
    I have the Tac III M4 and couldn't be happier. I found a smokin deal on gunbroker for mine. Retail was 1299 and I got it for 939 plus shipping and ffl from a shop in Texas.

This pic was the first 20 rounds through it at 25 yards with the stock Magpul sights

Sent from Galaxy S4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378058013623.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1378058013623.jpg
      53.5 KB · Views: 3,187

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I have a Core15 M4 piston gun I purchased from Bob's. Love it. added Troy folding sites, a Hogue grip, picked up a dozen Magpul 30 -rounders from Big Dogs, and had a "blast" down at Myrtle Grove. Fed all brands I had on hand including Tula steel case. Fit and finish is great. Like the short overall length, and light weight, it makes my Ruger Mini-14 feel heavy. I could have bought many different brands that day from Bob's but quite happy with what I took home. Plus for me knowing that military Vets built my gun.

Samlab

Feb 14, 2018
    Down by the riverside
    Sorry for late post.....Here's the deal with these rifles....the driver of this company was with Bushmaster, then remington/bushmaster, and now with an all veteran team backed and owned by an experienced team of engineers and designers in Ocala Fl in the boat building industry...these rifles hands down are some of the best made period....the pricing is terrific and out of the box....superbly accurate in the right hands. The triggers are superb. This company's specs are superior to Mil. STDs. All production tightly controlled, and they make the receivers, barrels etc in house. Lifetime warranty no matter who owns the rifle. Hands down...one of the best.....they run like a Lamborghini. They all look alike, its how their built and whats on the inside....not to be confused with something else....thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom