• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    This is good timing as I've been looking at these too.

Anyone ever used a Black Rain? An old friend (in arkansas) got a fairly pricey one late last year (though pre sandy hook) but he doesn't have anything else to compare it to.

ERIC S NOEL

Jun 14, 2010
    huntingtown Md
    I have a dpms lr-308 and it is nice but. Had a problem with the upper sent it back and got it back to me in 2 weeks. I thought that was fair costemer service

ShiNNinG

Jul 14, 2008
    White Marsh
    I assembled a CMMG lower with a Fulton Armory upper. Other than feeding issues with metal mags no other problems whatsoever. I just use PMags instead :)

KRONIK27

DorseyGS
    Mar 12, 2009
    Washington County
    Well I guess I'll find out for myself. My M&P10 has been delivered to my FFL Dealer. Might pick up tonight or tomorrow. Just wanted thoughts before I done the Transfer, instead of reselling it.

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    I have G. A. Precision's GAP-10, built off of an Armalite lower. I absolutely love it. A little pricey but fantastic rifle. ( not sure what happened here but I uploaded the photo from my iPad and can't get it flipped back around)

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      50.5 KB · Views: 452
    Last edited:

KRONIK27

DorseyGS
    Mar 12, 2009
    Washington County
    Is the M&P10 not a regulated firearm, or did you start the paperwork a while ago?

Sorry I was suppose to go and pick and do the transfer just past Saturday. Do to family illness plans got changed. Hopefully I am off the next three days, I will make it down to my FFL and do the Transfer.
    Yes, I will post pics as soon as I get a chance. Won't be able to shoot it until I get my AR projects taking care of first. Got 3 AR builds to test fire down at my In laws in Fredrick first. Then I can take the Big Brother down and see how it shoots. I will keep this thread posted. Thanks

KRONIK27

DorseyGS
    Mar 12, 2009
    Washington County
    That's is what I am looking for. Suitable Sights that would look decent. If not it's going to be a Scope only Rifle. I just didn't know what the Gas Block Rail look like from the Factory Pics.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    I have G. A. Precision's GAP-10, built off of an Armalite lower. I absolutely love it. A little pricey but fantastic rifle. ( not sure what happened here but I uploaded the photo from my iPad and can't get it flipped back around)

Well, duh. Anything from George's shop is top flight. For a factory rifle, I'd go for an LMT.

BillH

Exalted Grand Poo-bah
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 2, 2009
    Ellicott City, MD
    Anyone got a line on where I can pick-up or order any of these? Seems lowers, especially in .308, are really hard to find.

Bill

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    How does the Colt LE901 play into these comparisons? ~$2300 online currently is about in the same ballpark. Is its 308 upper compatible w/ others 308 lowers?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    it uses LR25 Pmags if that helps.

Same as a couple other brands

not sure if that makes them compatible. I don't know how the modularity using the mag well adapter with standard 5.56 uppers affects it's compatibility. I have one BTW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom