Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Handguns
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old May 23rd, 2019, 08:22 AM #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Steel View Post
That's amazing. Coincidentally, I lost all my handguns in a boating accident. It was on a big pontoon boat. Long time ago. Must have been going 30 knots, when I banked right and they just fell off!

It's amazing how many things get lost in boating accidents. In Maryland alone I'm surprised that the lake water levels haven't risen by two inches!

-
Explains that Bren gun someone pulled out of the Chesapeake a few months ago.

IMHO yeah Huges sucks, but IMHO the bigger tragedy is there are zero exceptions on amnesty for NFA. At a minimum a rolling amnesty for C&R eligible NFA items would be nice or something like that. Show you were unaware in some way (like discovered in your deceased relativeís estate, or you know, literally pulled it out of the bay).

Itís not like the country is going to be awash in machine guns. There are only so many and at this point they are parts of history and there are MANY instances where the rightful owners are totally unaware of owning one because of inheritance or what not.
lazarus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2019, 09:44 PM #72

Cool The "Gun Show Loophole"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox123 View Post
On the internet duh....
No, no, at gun shows, taking advantage of the limited restraints of good conscience and 18 U.S. Code ß 922(g) & (n).
doc.morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2019, 06:27 PM #73
HVAC Expert

HVAC Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docster View Post
I have no doubt that some of what the everyday citizen says and does is or can be monitored in one way or another. However I often wonder about the volume of that data. The government can't properly staff the Postal Service, any Social Service department, manage the DOD, DOJ and any number of their own agencies or keep the cartels from importing drugs or MS-13 from their illegal activities for starters. How do they manage to effectively store, process and utilize every single call, transaction, Alexa conversation, phone call, credit card transaction, some argue even cash transactions, belch, burp and fart that all 330 million citizens do especially the legal activities? The resources required would be unimaginably staggering and time consuming not to mention unable to be done effectively by anyone in the government or whomever they contract with/oversee.

"They" may want you to think they can, but until I see stronger, credible evidence of the ability to, my paranoia stays in check. History has shown that for every roadblock government up, somebody's found a workaround.
Collecting and storing the data is a hardware issue, not personnel issue. Interpreting the data, that's where the people come in.

If we know about the nose $uch agencee data farm out west ... don't you think there is another bigger one somewhere that's hidden even better?

Thus, the only inquiry that this Court should conduct is to determine whether the firearms prohibited by the Act are protected by the Second Amendment. Because they are, the Act is simply unconstitutional.
Mark75H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2019, 06:39 PM #74

I don't believe in ghosts, problem solved.

People laugh at me because I am different,, I laugh 'cause they are all the same.

Life time NRA member
THier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2019, 08:29 PM #75
Damn' 13er

Damn' 13er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark75H View Post
Collecting and storing the data is a hardware issue, not personnel issue. Interpreting the data, that's where the people come in.

If we know about the nose $uch agencee data farm out west ... don't you think there is another bigger one somewhere that's hidden even better?

^^^This right here^^^

Echo6mike, going mobile...
Old May 24th, 2019, 08:41 PM #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Explains that Bren gun someone pulled out of the Chesapeake a few months ago.

IMHO yeah Huges sucks, but IMHO the bigger tragedy is there are zero exceptions on amnesty for NFA. At a minimum a rolling amnesty for C&R eligible NFA items would be nice or something like that. Show you were unaware in some way (like discovered in your deceased relativeís estate, or you know, literally pulled it out of the bay).

Itís not like the country is going to be awash in machine guns. There are only so many and at this point they are parts of history and there are MANY instances where the rightful owners are totally unaware of owning one because of inheritance or what not.
If I could not repeal the NFA I would demand the ATF opens a museum to preserve historically significant firearms that end up in their possessions. Destruction of something cool would result in a deportation to North Korea.
1841DNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 06:49 PM #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo6mike View Post
^^^This right here^^^

Echo6mike, going mobile...
If only there were watchdog organizations and whistleblowers in the U.S. out there sonewhere slowing down or exposing overreach
Proud Patriot Guard Rider
Charter Member, JPFO
Occasional Asshole
Docster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2019, 08:14 AM #78

According to Bloomberg’s own The Trace, California’s ghost gun laws are ineffective.

Quote:
But records obtained by The Trace and NBC indicate that the law has had little effect. Compliance with the law is low, and prosecutors have never brought charges under the new statute
MSI Sustaining Member
SOTAR Alumni
Anotherpyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2019, 10:29 PM #79
American Sporting Rifle

American Sporting Rifle

I thought I saw a ghost gun floating in the room, but I blinked and it disappeared.
calicojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2019, 11:31 PM #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1841DNG View Post
If I could not repeal the NFA I would demand the ATF opens a museum to preserve historically significant firearms that end up in their possessions. Destruction of something cool would result in a deportation to North Korea.
Apparently they do that to a degree. NFA Branch when they confiscate stuff do look for historically significant examples and offer them to museums rather than destroying them. If there are no takers though...

Though I think they keep some stuff stored for important stuff that doesnt have takers in case that changes. Plenty gets cut and crushed.
lazarus is online now   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Handguns