• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    Curious if there are any differences in the actual clubs. Some of the websites are severely lacking. My primary interest is pistol, shotgun (clays), and high power rifle. I'd really like to get into some longer range shooting eventually (600 yds).

Also are the monthly meetings mandatory? Are any meetings mandatory? Is there a preferred club here on MDS?

Thanks

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    My club does not have mandatory meetings. We are having a fun rimfire shoot September 15th, send me a PM with your e-mail address, if you are interested in coming out and seeing if you would like to join, and I can send you some info on our club and the shoot/meeting.

Bob

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I belong to Garrison. The ONLY meeting that you must attend is the one where you fill out an application and join.

Chris L

Bite me
    Oct 31, 2007
    Catonsville
    I'm a member of Stemmer's Run. We ask that everyone attend at least one meeting a year, but we don't enforce that. During spring, summer, and fall we have a trap shoot before our monthly meeting (on the third Sunday of the month), so its pretty easy to make it to the meetings.

Also, during the spring, summer, and fall we run a monthly Bowling Pin Shoot and are one of the two or three clubs with an active High Power team.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    I am in the Arlington Rifle and Pistol; meet first Wednesday of the month. If you have kids into shooting, this is a club to be in because we have an excellent youth shooting program.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Baltimore Rifle. Inexpensive, and no mandatory meetings. Plus the XO is entertaining during the walk through in Marriottsville.

Regarding "preferred" club, there are none. Just pick your activity level. The preference is actually YOURS. I did Baltimore Rifle because of the cost and no commitment except the re-up every year. Your mileage may vary.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    Thanks guys. Appreciate the input. Hope to meet a few of you guys in the very near future.

One other question...Anybody know anything about Mayberry? I'd really like to gain access to the 600 yd range every now and then. Whats involved in becoming a member there aswell?

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Thanks guys. Appreciate the input. Hope to meet a few of you guys in the very near future.

One other question...Anybody know anything about Mayberry? I'd really like to gain access to the 600 yd range every now and then. Whats involved in becoming a member there aswell?

Send member "Lou45" a PM.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    My club does not have mandatory meetings. We are having a fun rimfire shoot September 15th, send me a PM with your e-mail address, if you are interested in coming out and seeing if you would like to join, and I can send you some info on our club and the shoot/meeting.

Bob

Already busy that day but appreciate the invite Bob

Send member "Lou45" a PM.

Thanks

----And to be clear I don't have a problem with participation and what not I just cant commit to EVERY 1st tuesday or something like that with work and family obligations. Just wasnt sure how strict the meeting schedule had to be followed in these clubs. Appreciate the words guys. I'll look into the above mentioned clubs and see you guys soon

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    J.T,
    FYI, "Lou45", who is also an Industry partner here, posted in his subsection that he is having computer issues. If you send him a PM, it may take a while for him to get back you.

BTW, Garrison will have their monthly meeting Sept 11, 8pm. If you are interested.

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    You are welcome to come to any Arlington Rifle and Pistol Club events

Arlington Rifle and Pistol Club has two club shoots a month: rifle, pistol and shotgun, a monthly meeting, and we sponsor a Juniors team. None of our activities are required, but are available for those who wish to have some fun. We have a terrific group of members. Guests are welcome at our club shoots. Come on out and shoot with us.

mdvctry

Follow Me @DukesDefense
    Nov 10, 2011
    Monumental is a great club. Participate as much or as little as you want. They have a monthly meeting, a Women on Target group, junior league. It's pretty awesome.

mdvctry

Follow Me @DukesDefense
    Nov 10, 2011
    If you're interested in shooting 600yds check out Meade Rod and Gun club. They have access to 600 yd ranges at Meade and are part of AGC so you get the best of both.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Dumb question, maybe, but I didn't see it anywhere online (or missed it?)...

Is there some sort of "AGC Club Selection Matrix", where folks can look through all the club offerings and requirements, costs, etc., to try and choose the best club for their own interests??

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Dumb question, maybe, but I didn't see it anywhere online (or missed it?)...

Is there some sort of "AGC Club Selection Matrix", where folks can look through all the club offerings and requirements, costs, etc., to try and choose the best club for their own interests??

Yes

Go to the AGC front page

On the left side are a bunch of links

Look for the one that is associated clubs

That link will take you to the list of clubs and links to the contact info for each club

The clubs that respond to you are the better clubs

Come out to my carnival shoot on Sept 15th to check out my club and the AGC

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom