MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Last edited:

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    I got a chance to take the new Tikka out to the range yesterday afternoon. I wasn't immediately impressed. It shot ok but not as good as I was expecting.

This morning I took the action out to see about planning for bedding to improve things and noticed a wedge that is attached to the stock to take up space in the taper is the only reason that I can see. I took it out and gave the rifle another try this afternoon.

Very different today without the wedge. I grabbed a couple of different brands of ammo to try out and shot some 10 shot groups at 50 yards.

The trigger is adjustable like the other Tikka rifles and I have it set to a consistent 2 lbs. The trigger is just as nice as my T3.

I can't wait to get some more time behind the trigger on this rifle. I have a couple other brands of ammo that I want to try out. So far the CCI is what it likes best.

Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 1.33.57 PM.jpg

Last edited:

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Nice write up, and shows once again just how notoriously picky rimfires tend to be with ammo selections.

Still, somewhat surprised to see the Aquila Super Extra shoot that noticeably and comparatively poorly in your rifle. I just last week tried some through a CZ that shoots it pretty well.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    Nice write up, and shows once again just how notoriously picky rimfires tend to be with ammo selections.

Still, somewhat surprised to see the Aquila Super Extra shoot that noticeably and comparatively poorly in your rifle. I just last week tried some through a CZ that shoots it pretty well.

I agree completely. Not sure if it means anything yet with such a small sample but the two copper jacketed bullets (Aguila and Federal GM) that I have shot well in other rifles were not so good in this one and the two plain lead bullets shot very well.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I agree completely. Not sure if it means anything yet with such a small sample but the two copper jacketed bullets (Aguila and Federal GM) that I have shot well in other rifles were not so good in this one and the two plain lead bullets shot very well.

You’ll know soon enough if you keep doing what you’re doing. That rifle will be an individual. They all are, complete with their own likes and dislikes.

Keep us posted please. Good Luck with it!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I got a chance to take the new Tikka out to the range yesterday afternoon. ...

I can't wait to get some more time behind the trigger on this rifle. I have a couple other brands of ammo that I want to try out. So far the CCI is what it likes best.

Thanks for the range report! The T1x one is on my list for 2019. :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    Got a new KRG Bravo chassis and rifled titanium bolt handle. Still shooting less than dime size groups at 50 yards. Getting ready for my first MARS match on the 13th. Should be fun.
    IMG_3029.jpg
    IMG_3030.jpg
    IMG_3031.jpg

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Got a new KRG Bravo chassis and rifled titanium bolt handle. Still shooting less than dime size groups at 50 yards. Getting ready for my first MARS match on the 13th. Should be fun.

Good luck! Looks great.

Will be interested in the results.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom