• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    The answer that everyone should give when someone asks, "where is the XXX that you purchased in 2014?" is, "It is in storage out of state". The end. They will have no authority to force any additional details out of you, and they will have to prove you wrong in court to do anything about it.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    I don't think anyone contemplating non-compliance is doing themselves any favors by stating it in public. And then, as the many statements above say, what is the point of having a safe queen your kids will have to turn in upon your death or institutionalization? Just fondling and looking?
    Kind of between a rock and a hard place. Move or be a criminal.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    One thing i can tell you for 100% certainty , the anti's are finally laughing now . All the crying they did when Trump won , and all the crying they have done since . All the anti's or never Trumpers in Government down to the judges are paying us back .
    Trump is Us and we are Trump . The 14 guest we have now at least 13 have a smile on their faces .

I say they are the baby killers the ones that applaud the deaths of human life , find the weakest of people so they can rule over them . Next it will be okay to kill old people .

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    The answer that everyone should give when someone asks, "where is the XXX that you purchased in 2014?" is, "It is in storage out of state". The end. They will have no authority to force any additional details out of you, and they will have to prove you wrong in court to do anything about it.

Will it be legal out of state , are we sure ??

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    One thing i can tell you for 100% certainty , the anti's are finally laughing now . All the crying they did when Trump won , and all the crying they have done since . All the anti's or never Trumpers in Government down to the judges are paying us back .
    Trump is Us and we are Trump . The 14 guest we have now at least 13 have a smile on their faces .

I say they are the baby killers the ones that applaud the deaths of human life , find the weakest of people so they can rule over them . Next it will be okay to kill old people .

You are so right... it's called the Death with Dignity bill... it is but the first step to rationed health care and rationed life span.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Will it be legal out of state , are we sure ??

Not sure why it wouldn't be. It's your legally owned property and MD's authority to ban items ends at the boarders. It is why the option to move your bump-stocks out of state was valid. Now, you may no longer be able to BUY new items that are banned, since that purchase would have to be legal in both states, and you may not be able to bring them back into MD, but as for as storing already legally acquired chattels, as long as its not banned where you are storing it, you should be good to go. IANAL.

Nov 19, 2015
    Carney
    The new bills don't require registration of firearms owned before the bill is enacted.

From MSI's website:

"Q: Is this a registry?

A: Yes and no. There is nothing currently in this bill that compels registration of firearms you currently own unless you transfer or sell a long gun to someone else. Any new purchases would be registered with the Maryland State Police"

How would MSP even enforce this? there is no way other than maybe serial numbers to see if a gun was manufactured after 10/1/19.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    When the 2A media finds that few if any have complied, it will send a clear message to the liberals like it did in NJ, NY, CT and other commie states.

what clear message will be sent and what happens when they get that message? while they may not go door to door checking, not like they will do away with their bs laws.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I vote, but feel my vote is wasted. Hear me out on this.

Lets say that this is true, I have not fact checked myself, but for conversation sake.
    https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/m...gistration-by-the-numbers-20181015-story.html

» 3,975,309: The number of active registered voters in Maryland, as of Sept. 30 — just a couple thousand short of the state record of 3,977,637.

» 2-to-1: The advantage Democrats continue to hold over Republicans in Maryland.

So, if you have every republican vote and only 51% of the democrats vote, Republicans still loose.

Even if we win we get hogan. It's like choosing between having explosive diarrhea or projectile vomiting.

***my point is that when you are outnumbered in the vote it should affect programs, taxes etc...not constitutional rights. By passing the laws that politicians pass they are going after your constitutional rights. Surely, that must be criminal and punishable right?

Imo, the act of writing an unconstitutional law is intent. It's not different than one person threatening another.

You're right about the numbers. In Maryland, they are insurmountable and will only get worse, demographically. But the whole "writing unconstitutional laws" part is more nuanced. Laws have many times been written and found later to be unconstitutional. That's the point of the long, grinding path to the SCOTUS. But all a legislator has to say is, "Well, it seemed constitutional to me." There's no intent to commit some act of unconstitutionality, there's only them saying, "Well, denying you an eeeeevil weapon of war doesn't stop you from your second amendment protected duck hunting with a single-shot shotgun." It doesn't matter that they're making (or pretending to make) a complete misunderstanding of the bill of rights, and the 2A in particular. They still have cover to write such bills and pass them.

Those numbers don't even begin to address the illegal aliens, the dead, non-residents and others not eligible who vote with impunity in this snake pit of corruption.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Yes. A revolt would be difficult because there is so much to risk - loss of jobs home, family, time incarcerated. I mean who wants to go through all that? I suggest, however, it we weren't so attached to our material lives, and cherished our freedoms more, we would stop working, stop paying taxes for a month. One Month and this country would be in turmoil. No money being made, no money being spent NO TAXES being collected. It's all a huge risk.

Stop the world, I want to get off.

I don't believe we can bring Oath breakers to court. If there are recall processes, we can do that. Many elected officials have no recall process - except at the ballot box. I believe they are exempt from civil liability for any matters they decide while in office as it is always assumed they are acting within the best interests of the public they were elected to SERVE.

However, I could be wrong.

IF we could get enough people together, a Tax Revolt out of he 1960s might be amusing. And the likes of Mike&Mike and Frosh would understand EXACTLY what it was because they had seen it before.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I talked about holding taxes in another thread in escrow or an account . So we would be paying them but until it ran thru the courts and class action suit .

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    "I talked about holding taxes in another thread in escrow or an account . So we would be paying them but until it ran thru the courts and class action suit ."

Last edited:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    The new bills don't require registration of firearms owned before the bill is enacted.

From MSI's website:

"Q: Is this a registry?

A: Yes and no. There is nothing currently in this bill that compels registration of firearms you currently own unless you transfer or sell a long gun to someone else. Any new purchases would be registered with the Maryland State Police"

How would MSP even enforce this? there is no way other than maybe serial numbers to see if a gun was manufactured after 10/1/19.

Which bill are we talking about here? If we are talking about the HBAR bill, then the date of manufacture must be before 10/1/2013, not 2019, unless they have added language to the grandfathering clause of FSA2013 to carve out HBAR's possessed prior to 10/1/2019.

Nov 19, 2015
    Carney
    Which bill are we talking about here? If we are talking about the HBAR bill, then the date of manufacture must be before 10/1/2013, not 2019, unless they have added language to the grandfathering clause of FSA2013 to carve out HBAR's possessed prior to 10/1/2019.

I was talking about the registry of transferred long guns brought up in SENATE BILL 737. The point I was trying to make is that there is no provision to make anyone register firearms currently owned. Only that when a transfer is made private or through an FFL it must be registered, like we have to do with handguns now.

That makes the law even if, God forbid, it passes unenforceable, if a registry isn't taken then there is no way to tell if a long gun was transferred properly or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom