• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    No one is required to submit Written Testimony in order to testify verbally.

If you are giving Oral Testimony, it should be different than or expand on one or two concepts from your Written Testimony. It is frowned upon, and will likely get your time cutoff, if you read your Written Testimony to the committee at the witness table/podium.

Never read your statement. Speak from the heart - and then you can submit the written form, if you want.

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    Nothing else has worked over the years. We do need another approach.

Too bad no long arms or other firearms as defined on Criminal Law 4-208 are NOT allowed - we could carry long arms in protest, but only if antiques. The gun grabbers have covered all their bases. And you know what? Law abiding Gun owners are demonized to the max. This is very frustrating. Protestors don't matter a hill of beans to them. They are in control and they win.

§ 4-208. Possession of firearm at public demonstration.

(a) Definitions.-

(1) In this section the following words have the meanings indicated.

(2) (i) "Demonstration" means one or more persons demonstrating, picketing, speechmaking, marching, holding a vigil, or engaging in any other similar conduct that involves the communication or expression of views or grievances and that has the effect, intent, or propensity to attract a crowd or onlookers.

(ii) "Demonstration" does not include the casual use of property by visitors or tourists that does not have the intent or propensity to attract a crowd or onlookers.

(3) (i) "Firearm" means a handgun, rifle, shotgun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun, or any other firearm, whether loaded or unloaded.

(ii) "Firearm" does not include an antique firearm.

(4) "Handgun" has the meaning stated in § 5-101 of the Public Safety Article.

(5) "Law enforcement officer" means:

(i) a member of a police force or other unit of the United States, the State, a county, municipal corporation, or other political subdivision who is responsible for the prevention and detection of crime and the enforcement of the laws of the United States, the State, a county, municipal corporation, or other political subdivision;

(ii) a park police officer of the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission;

(iii) a member of the University of Maryland police force; and

(iv) any military or militia personnel directed by constituted authority to keep law and order.

(6) (i) "Public place" means a place to which the general public has access and a right to resort for business, entertainment, or other lawful purpose.

(ii) "Public place" is not limited to a place devoted solely to the uses of the public.

(iii) "Public place" includes:

1. the front or immediate area or parking lot of a store, restaurant, tavern, shopping center, or other place of business;

2. a public building, including its grounds and curtilage;

3. a public parking lot;

4. a public street, sidewalk, or right-of-way;

5. a public park; and

6. other public grounds.

(b) Prohibited.-

(1) This subsection does not apply to a law enforcement officer.

(2) A person may not have a firearm in the person's possession or on or about the person at a demonstration in a public place or in a vehicle that is within 1,000 feet of a demonstration in a public place after:

(i) the person has been advised by a law enforcement officer that a demonstration is occurring at the public place; and

(ii) the person has been ordered by the law enforcement officer to leave the area of the demonstration until the person disposes of the firearm.

(c) Penalty.- A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 1 year or a fine not exceeding $1,000 or both.

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    Too bad no long arms or other firearms as defined on Criminal Law 4-208 are NOT allowed - we could carry long arms in protest, but only if antiques. The gun grabbers have covered all their bases. And you know what? Law abiding Gun owners are demonized to the max. This is very frustrating. Protestors don't matter a hill of beans to them. They are in control and they win.

§ 4-208. Possession of firearm at public demonstration.

(a) Definitions.-

(1) In this section the following words have the meanings indicated.

(2) (i) "Demonstration" means one or more persons demonstrating, picketing, speechmaking, marching, holding a vigil, or engaging in any other similar conduct that involves the communication or expression of views or grievances and that has the effect, intent, or propensity to attract a crowd or onlookers.

(ii) "Demonstration" does not include the casual use of property by visitors or tourists that does not have the intent or propensity to attract a crowd or onlookers.

(3) (i) "Firearm" means a handgun, rifle, shotgun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun, or any other firearm, whether loaded or unloaded.

(4) "Handgun" has the meaning stated in § 5-101 of the Public Safety Article.

(5) "Law enforcement officer" means:

(i) a member of a police force or other unit of the United States, the State, a county, municipal corporation, or other political subdivision who is responsible for the prevention and detection of crime and the enforcement of the laws of the United States, the State, a county, municipal corporation, or other political subdivision;

(ii) a park police officer of the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission;

(iii) a member of the University of Maryland police force; and

(iv) any military or militia personnel directed by constituted authority to keep law and order.

(6) (i) "Public place" means a place to which the general public has access and a right to resort for business, entertainment, or other lawful purpose.

(ii) "Public place" is not limited to a place devoted solely to the uses of the public.

(iii) "Public place" includes:

1. the front or immediate area or parking lot of a store, restaurant, tavern, shopping center, or other place of business;

2. a public building, including its grounds and curtilage;

3. a public parking lot;

4. a public street, sidewalk, or right-of-way;

5. a public park; and

6. other public grounds.

(b) Prohibited.-

(1) This subsection does not apply to a law enforcement officer.

(2) A person may not have a firearm in the person's possession or on or about the person at a demonstration in a public place or in a vehicle that is within 1,000 feet of a demonstration in a public place after:

(i) the person has been advised by a law enforcement officer that a demonstration is occurring at the public place; and

(ii) the person has been ordered by the law enforcement officer to leave the area of the demonstration until the person disposes of the firearm.

(c) Penalty.- A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 1 year or a fine not exceeding $1,000 or both.

Hmmmm

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    and it was still bandied by the media as "a few hundred supporters".

They said "thousands of people from both sides" IIRC, we had 1307 against and 21 people for SB281 signed up to testify.

looks like I might be riding down on the 25th with you and wes. Will be my first time seeing this crap in person.

Despite the seriousness of the situation, it is a lot of fun. You hang out with good people. Put faces to screen names etc.

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    Yes, but may have to leave the bayonet home. LOL

Seriously, there are many firearms that would fit in that category of course I’m sure the tyrant bastards in Annapolis will craft a bill to include those too. I think one of them had a bill in last year to regulate them. SMH.

And, of course, the gun grabbers believe the 2A is outdated and was written when only those type of firearms were around. So could be playing into their hands.

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    They said "thousands of people from both sides" IIRC, we had 1307 against and 21 people for SB281 signed up to testify.

Despite the seriousness of the situation, it is a lot of fun. You hang out with good people. Put faces to screen names etc.

I was “lucky” enough to be in the room in 2013 sitting in the back behind O’Malley. Wanted so much to have a straw to hit him in the back of the head with a spitball. You are correct that we outnumbered the antis immensely. They had a hard time finding people who were for it other than politicians. I remember the one lady I referred to as the bag lady who they let ramble on well past her allotted time. I made a buzzer sound and they slammed the gavel. Think it was Frosh? LOL

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Other gun bills of interest happening on other days, such as the transfer bill on 2/21/19, so folks need to pay attention. 2AMaryland has a great bill tracker/update.

I hope everyone in Maryland who supports firearm ownership is on their email list:

https://visitor.r20.constantcontact...37Fh3j8R2ANfVjZxSMxRalH3UVf0qDM-QCSS_PBmk9ZM=

This right here. If you have not signed up for their email you need to do so. They occasionally send out a very well written email that will inform you of any 2A bills and explain them to you. Also they provide links to the bill and have a PDF downloadable format.
    . The sponsors are listed and 2A's position on the bill is also put forth. I look at it as a great cheat sheet that puts all the info I need together in one tidy package. Included is when the bill will be heard and if the time is different than usual it will be noted.
    . Again, sigh up for the email!!!
    . Thanks for bringing this up AOB

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    Okay, I have a tongue and cheek idea for a Patriot group. From what I'm understanding there's nothing against possessing antique firearms in public so we could start a new group and call it VOCAL. Volunteer Open Carry Antiques for Larry, it could be an all volunteer extension to his police detail and at the same time get our message across! What do y'all think?

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    Okay, I have a tongue and cheek idea for a Patriot group. From what I'm understanding there's nothing against possessing antique firearms in public so we could start a new group and call it VOCAL. Volunteer Open Carry Antiques for Larry, it could be an all volunteer extension to his police detail and at the same time get our message across! What do y'all think?

:thumbsup: Sounds like a plan.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    You'll have a hard time jogging along with his Tahoe with all the accouterments I suspect. And his ARMED MSP bodyguards would frown on it anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom