• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    In trying to figure why the MSP would want to do this to citizens one can look back to the obama admin where the war on cops was introduce to society, then the thin blue line movement and now MSP is against citizens rights? Confusing.

This has nothing to do with Obama.

The CCW environment in Maryland has been a behind-closed-doors old boy's network (i.e. you can't get a permit if you're one of the small people, only if you know someone) for decades upon decades.

MSP has been a part of that machine for so long that they just don't know any different.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Short some major changes in the MD legislature, you are likely correct.

Right now, our only other remedy for MSP's infringement scheme is that Hogan will tell Palozzi to knock it off. That is likely not going to happen, and even if it did, that will only last for four years, because our next governor is likely to be even less a friend to the 2A than Hogan has been so far.

At age 78 I’d gladly take the four years and consider it a win!

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD

The CCW environment in Maryland has been a behind-closed-doors old boy's network (i.e. you can't get a permit if you're one of the small people, only if you know someone) for decades upon decades.

MSP has been a part of that machine for so long that they just don't know any different.

One would think newly assigned troopers would see the fiasco for what it is and raise questions about the process. Put another way, it’s amazing how gleefully they put the screws to us.

As was posted upthread, our masters don’t believe that citizens should carry at all.

Everything MD does is to further that belief and they will spare no expense in furthering that goal.

Even if there are preventable deaths in Balt. by redirecting resources there

Remember was it Stalin who said “you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette.”

Guess who’s running MD?

Gun control requires victims. An armed law abiding citizen defending himself flies in the face of their anti gun agenda the same way that charging a person who murders a pregnant woman with 2 deaths flies in the face of their support for abortion. If you want to truly understand the left's ultimate agenda you have to dig deep below the surface to see what's really going on. That's why arguing that guns in the hands of good guys save lives will never work. They want you dead...

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    One would think newly assigned troopers would see the fiasco for what it is and raise questions about the process. Put another way, it’s amazing how gleefully they put the screws to us.

I think they have cracks within the rank and file , i am sure there is someone right on the edge that will feed information to our side .

I have faith one of these fine Troopers will let the cat out of the bag in order to correct the wrong doers and to restore what we all know is the Constitution and 2A

Never give up folks :thumbsup::)

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The MSP became Democrat Governor’s private army a half century ago.

They are just sled dogs following the anus of the dog in front of them.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    More succinct than I could have said it sir.

Police Depts are paramilitary organizations. Following orders is built into the culture.

Questioning your superiors will get you a quick exit out the door.

Capt. Jack McCauley comes to mind.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Gun control requires victims. An armed law abiding citizen defending himself flies in the face of their anti gun agenda the same way that charging a person who murders a pregnant woman with 2 deaths flies in the face of their support for abortion. If you want to truly understand the left's ultimate agenda you have to dig deep below the surface to see what's really going on. That's why arguing that guns in the hands of good guys save lives will never work. They want you dead...

To piggyback on your good thoughts,

The real wedge in the LD's restriction scheme will be for several folks to be murdered, kidnapped or raped who have restricted permits, but who are not carrying because they are outside of those restrictions. If those folks are closely related to our legislators, it will have even more impact. It would also apply to folks who have been denied permits. When a case can be made that innocent individuals have been harmed (in any way) because they have been capriciously and arbitrarily denied their Constitutionally guaranteed right of self defense by the LD, then, and only then, might there be hope for change.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    The real wedge in the LD's restriction scheme will be for several folks to be murdered, kidnapped or raped who have restricted permits, but who are not carrying because they are outside of those restrictions. If those folks are closely related to our legislators, it will have even more impact. It would also apply to folks who have been denied permits. When a case can be made that innocent individuals have been harmed (in any way) because they have been capriciously and arbitrarily denied their Constitutionally guaranteed right of self defense by the LD, then, and only then, might there be hope for change.

I'll see if I can play Gun Grabber Response Guy (this is physically painful): "Well, luckily the victim of that murder wasn't carrying a gun, because then the murderer would have taken it, and that would cause even more murders."

Or, the ol' "Everyone knows that people who own guns are almost always killed by criminals who use those guns on the gun owner."

It doesn't matter how irrational the left is on the subject. They cannot conceive of a situation where possessing a gun might end or even slightly mitigate the harm done by a criminal. If you tell them about the recently unearthed CDC report indicating the untold thousands of times every year that guns are used for self defense, they'll just redirect/deflect. Literally can't process the truth.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    To piggyback on your good thoughts,

Bold 1: What makes you think the MGA cronies will have any permit restrictions?

Bold 2 (The MGA / MSP / Lawn Chair Larry to us [Kramer]:

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville

My apologies, in trying to figure the MO of the MSP I mentioned Obama merely as a timeline. However, IANAL and it could be construed that way by some.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    And who exactly is going to file perjury charges on behalf of the State of MD if the troopers are following the instructions of the MD Office of Attorney General? If there is some civil cause of action, you could file a civil suit, but perjury is criminal and prosecuted by the same folks who created the policy MDSPLD is following in the first place.

Civil suit? The perjury caused harm to at least one individual (denial of W&C permit). And there's a significant monetary cost to that when you factor in the cost of the injured party's time.

I know, I'm dreaming... :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom