Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Handguns
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old November 17th, 2018, 06:44 PM #111

Send a message via AIM to AliasNeo07

Send a message via AIM to AliasNeo07
Question for dudes that pocket carry: I've been carrying a knife in my front right pocket since I was 16. If I don't have it there it feels like leaving the house without my cell phone. I just feel weird. What do you guys do with your blades while strong side pocket carrying? Most of my collection is Spyderco so I can easily change it to tip-up left pocket carry but it just feels weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster229 View Post
I'm eventually going to do a review of my new Nexbelt EDC ratchet buckle. You'll never used another regular holed belt again. Most holes are an inch apart. The ratchet has 1/4 inch adjustments. You can easily relax the belt out a little when you sit down and get cramped, then easily push the belt to snug it up when you"thin out".
You convinced me. I just ordered one.
Old November 17th, 2018, 07:01 PM #112
God loves you, I don't.

God loves you, I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasNeo07 View Post
Question for dudes that pocket carry: I've been carrying a knife in my front right pocket since I was 16. If I don't have it there it feels like leaving the house without my cell phone. I just feel weird. What do you guys do with your blades while strong side pocket carrying? Most of my collection is Spyderco so I can easily change it to tip-up left pocket carry but it just feels weird.

When you get the belt, you need to trim it down. Don't trim too much off at a time. Work your way down. Also, size it to your iwb carry, plus a wee bit extra for possible future "expansion" think ahead. Mine is at about 42. I'm about a 38/40 jean size. Pants need room for the pistola too.
The buckle attaches solid. That alligator clamp digs into the material and you also use the the 2 screws.

Last edited by Blaster229; November 17th, 2018 at 08:12 PM.
Blaster229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2018, 07:42 PM #113
Not done yet

Not done yet

Quote:

My daily knife is about 2.5 inch blade with a pocket clip.
When LCP is in right front pocket the knife is clipped to far right side of right rear pocket. Just as handy and it's far enough over that I don't sit on it.

I'm just about convinced on the ratchet belt too.
C&R FFL

Gun bans don't disarm criminals, gun bans attract them. Walter Mondale

A strong body makes a strong mind. As to the species of exercise I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks. Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Kman; November 17th, 2018 at 10:52 PM.
Kman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2018, 10:31 PM #114
TV Personality

TV Personality

Quote:

If you are going to pocket carry NEVER EVER NEVER carry anything else in that pocket. EVER.

Typically I carry a skinny wallet in my left front pocket, keys in my right front, knife in right rear and firearm OWB. On the few occasions I have pocket carried it goes in the right front and the keys find a new home in another pocket. Feels weird but you get used to it.
Old November 18th, 2018, 12:16 AM #115

On the few times I pocket carried, it went into Left ( weak hand ) pocket . They keys, etc went into right pocket along with the knife, coins, etc .

On deep back burner thought about cargo pockets , but haven't yet gone so far as to work out a method .
Biggfoot44 is online now   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Handguns