• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EKing

NRA Benefactor
    Aug 12, 2016
    Sykesville
    I've been to that place a few times, they have quite a variety of collectible stuff, old milsurp rifles and just plain interesting things to look at. At the time (3 years ago), I wasn't very interested in milsurps like I am now so I don't know how their prices compare to national trends.

For the more modern stuff, Superior Pawn and Gun kinda runs the Tidewater area. They have several stores, a couple of them have indoor ranges and rent guns. For an outdoor range, check out C2 down by the NC line.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    definitely find and eat at captain george's seafood buffet. highest quality buffet i think i've ever eaten at, one in williamsburg too.

futureseabee

CTT not seabee anymore
    Aug 18, 2008
    Va Beach
    I live in VA beach and there is a lot to do here. Colonial shooting academy is reeeeeeally nice but a bit on the pricey side. I really like superior pawn and gun in Lynnhaven if I had to choose. for ammo, look no further than the Armory in Kempsville. they often beat ammo prices online!

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    So I stopped by the classic echoes place and it was pretty cool. Didn't buy anything but I'd definitely stop in again. I also stopped into a Superior location but they had a rather limited selection. I've been to Colonial many times (in RVA) and it's a great facility. If I'd had more time I would have stopped at the VB location. Didn't make it to the Armory.

Thanks for the suggestions

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    If you head into downtown Norfolk, I think Bob's is still a going concern, with a small range on the third floor. I purchased quite a few firearms from him, including my first rifle, a Remington 700 in 7mm-08.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Virginia Air & Space Center in Hampton which is NASA Langley's Welcome Center and Museum.

There's also the Military Aviation Museum in Va Beach too

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    If you ever go back when it finally warms up, there are several weekend festivals in Ghent during the summer. Various live music, lots of good food, and it's actually a pretty nice place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom