• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Nice! We fished a few times up north in the past couple of weeks and got all shorts.. couldn't stretch em past 19" and we caught a boatload of em. Fished Hacketts with a buddy last week and we boated a 26" and a few more over 20", so they are moving up a bit. My SIL fished yesterday at Love Pt and got these in about an hour...

Nice! Heard LP was getting going. I haven't been over there yet this season. I was closer to the marina today and yesterday. No big fish but we had enough legal fish to keep it interesting.
    And only burning about 5-10 gallons per trip.:party29:

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    6/4/17 caught 23 white perch in 1.5 hours with several doubles, and my smallest of the season so far.

Attachments

• 0604170733.jpg
      0604170733.jpg
      37.2 KB · Views: 474
    • 0604170735.jpg
      0604170735.jpg
      40 KB · Views: 473
    • 0604170741.jpg
      0604170741.jpg
      38.9 KB · Views: 396

ngman

MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2013
    Western Howard County
    Nice! We fished a few times up north in the past couple of weeks and got all shorts.. couldn't stretch em past 19" and we caught a boatload of em. Fished Hacketts with a buddy last week and we boated a 26" and a few more over 20", so they are moving up a bit. My SIL fished yesterday at Love Pt and got these in about an hour...

Are you generally chumming now? I was out Saturday evening for some trolling at Love Point, and jigging under the bridge but didn't land anything except a skate.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Are you generally chumming now? I was out Saturday evening for some trolling at Love Point, and jigging under the bridge but didn't land anything except a skate.
    We put the trolling gear away a month ago, chumming and jigging both, though the jigging has been mostly smaller class fish lately. Skates are out, we catch them jigging often as well. The challenge is to land and release them... :lol2:

Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012
    Fishing down our way has generally been hot. I was left at the dock today with some sort of food poisoning.

Last few trips it's been tough to get a limit of fish between 20-27. Lots of large ones.

ngman

MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2013
    Western Howard County
    We put the trolling gear away a month ago, chumming and jigging both, though the jigging has been mostly smaller class fish lately. Skates are out, we catch them jigging often as well. The challenge is to land and release them... :lol2:

I finally used the right technique and gear, at the right time and place. (A constant challenge for me) My dad and I kept 4 from 23"-32" after chumming at Love Point yesterday evening. It was a great day on the water with Dad.

Attachments

• IMG_9532.jpg
      IMG_9532.jpg
      118.4 KB · Views: 376

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Made a run over to LP this morning, we had a good bite. 12 in the box by 9:30. Then caught some perch on some lumps on the way back. Steady action:
    IMG_0926.jpg

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I finally used the right technique and gear, at the right time and place. (A constant challenge for me) My dad and I kept 4 from 23"-32" after chumming at Love Point yesterday evening. It was a great day on the water with Dad.
    Pretty work!! :party29:

Went out with a hunting buddy, first time I'd fished with him. We fished Hackett's, left out of Turkey Point. The fish were small early on, none over 19", but we moved a little when the tide changed and got on some bigger class fish. We had 3 just over 20" and the last one was a 30".

Heading out tomorrow from the North, so we'll likely fish either Love Pt or the LP in the morning and see how that stacks up. Should have another body on board, so we can keep 6 if we're lucky enough to find em. ;)

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    IMG_0931.jpg

These guys had a good morning! There is one more missing from the picture, group of 6 total. It was like pulling teeth trying to get this picture, and they weren't even into the adult beverages.
    Limit (12 fish) by 8:00 am.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Most excellent!! We got on em too, a little further North. Had to get em chummed up a bit, but we came prepared and once the fish arrived, it was a melee... :lol2:

We boated 6 nice fish and were done by about 8:30. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom