• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jumpmaster!

Aug 28, 2014
    I once had a gunbroker seller tell me that my FFL03 was "not a Federal Firearms License". I directed him to look at the top of the license where that exact phrase appears. Some people are ignorant and content to remain that way.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I'm gonna call the store back in a little bit after they open at 9:00 and see what their "C&R guy" has to say about it. At this point I don't even want the rifle anymore. I'll find another one from a different dealer.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Welp, situation seems to be resolved. I just got off the phone with the manager. He seemed nice enough but said that's their store policy since their afraid of the ATF coming after them if they sell a non-C&R gun as C&R.

He said the whole misunderstanding wasn't my fault, so they didn't want to charge the 10% restocking fee. I told them that I wouldn't leave bad feedback if they don't, so I just let bygones be bygones.

Stupid situation to say the least, but at least I have an extra $285 to spend on something else.

JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    Bummer! I also notice more and more FFL01 even if they do sell to C&R are requesting state driver license to be sent with FFL03.

I always send mine even if not requested. It is evidence to the seller that the person buying the gun is the person whose name is on the license.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I always send mine even if not requested. It is evidence to the seller that the person buying the gun is the person whose name is on the license.

Yep. AIM or JG and I think SOG require a copy of your license with your 03FFL and have for some time. Need to make sure that the names and addresses match.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I ask the question up front if an ad doesn't explicitly say "C&R OK"... if I get anything other than a "Yes, that's fine", I move on. Have never not gotten a gun I wanted somewhere else. For every one seller is is too frightened or ignorant to do business with a FFL-03, there are 50 more who will.

empty5853

Aug 22, 2007
    Mechanicsville
    I think this is a great idea. To have a list.

And your right. For every one that won't sell to a C&R, there's 50 that will. Unfortunately, I still think it's more the other way too. By that I mean that for every one that will sell to a C&R there's still 100 that won't. They don't understand the new laws and don't feel it's worth their time to learn them. (maybe since they don't get enough sales in MD) Particularly since our liberal ex-governor made his swan song by making changes in our already tight gun laws. It's just put us in the same status as New York, Massachusetts and a host of others. and I live 8 miles from the Virginia state line:banghead:

Oh well. Stop bitchin or move right.

Mark T.

Last edited:
    Jul 1, 2012
    Here's one I just don't understand....

Crazy Louie's out of Salisbury, MD:

"Due to Gun Legislation in the state of Maryland we do not offer any regulated firearms for sale/shipment to anyone in the state of Maryland - We apologize to our Maryland customers and encourage them to voice their concerns over this legislation to the office of the Governor"

Too bad because he has a rare WW2 P.38 (listed as C&R)

WildBill

May 7, 2017

"Due to Gun Legislation in the state of Maryland we do not offer any regulated firearms for sale/shipment to anyone in the state of Maryland - We apologize to our Maryland customers and encourage them to voice their concerns over this legislation to the office of the Governor"

C&R is a federal license that only applies to interstate commerce. Any handgun transfer within the state of Maryland is subject to Maryland law including the 77r and 7 day wait.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county

He cant sell a C&R handgun in state lines to a C&R holder. is that what he is saying but not very well? he can transfer it to another shop near you and you can get it

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    C&R is a federal license that only applies to interstate commerce. Any handgun transfer within the state of Maryland is subject to Maryland law including the 77r and 7 day wait.

The rub here is that this shop isn't selling any handgun to a MD resident, modern or C&R. Yes, you could have them transfer it to another MD 01 but now you're talking two transfer fees and a shipping charge to add to the sale price and tax. If it's something you want bad enough, I had to do something similar with my Whitney Wolverine, then you just bite your tongue and open your wallet.

WildBill

May 7, 2017
    That doesn't make any sense, why do they even stock handguns? They can't sell them to anyone not residing in Maryland...

Jul 1, 2012
    Yes I know he can't ship/sell direct to an -03 in MD.
    This pistol is rare enough that it would be worth having it shipped to a local FFL.
    but probably academic as it will more than likely go ballistic at the end.
    (although still way undervalue right now).

The real point is I just don't understand the mind-set of a MD FFL not selling a handgun to a MD resident because of the "gun legislation".
    Bad enough when out of state FFL's won't ship to MD.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I called Sarco this morning and am waiting to hear back from the store manager. He is checking with the owner to see if they can sell me a Star BS if I drive to their showroom to pick it up. I would actually prefer to see what I am buying anyway. The manager was very courteous and professional. I am hopeful, but not optimistic and will post the results when I hear back from him.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I called Sarco this morning and am waiting to hear back from the store manager. He is checking with the owner to see if they can sell me a Star BS if I drive to their showroom to pick it up. I would actually prefer to see what I am buying anyway. The manager was very courteous and professional. I am hopeful, but not optimistic and will post the results when I hear back from him.

About 4 years ago I contacted Sarco for the same reason with the same notion of driving up to their shop. The manager was a real dickhead claiming "states right's" as the reason they refused to sell a C&R gun to a Maryland FFL03 holder at their PA. store.

Haven't done any business with them since.

Jul 1, 2012
    Well, it's academic in this case as a Star BS is not C&R (yet), the "S" indicates magazine safety which was introduced in 1968.
    But it will be interesting to see if Sarco has changed their policy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom